Accuracy stat any use in PVP?

HeatRacer

7 hours ago, HeatRacer said:

In the current meta of PVP, is there any point to having any accuracy for a DPS, or should I just replace Accuracy gear with additional Crit/Alacrity?

You don't have to use accuracy but on classes that have white damage it's a good option but you don't have too. I personally don't because you miss out on other important stats that benefit you more in pvp. If you do run without accuracy try to avoid hitting classes that have a higher defense chance such as Sorc too often.  You should also tab target people to maximize your damage output. 

17 hours ago, HeatRacer said:

In the current meta of PVP, is there any point to having any accuracy for a DPS, or should I just replace Accuracy gear with additional Crit/Alacrity?

you could get away from not using accuracy but there is a change around 5-10% you missed your white damage 

Edited by KumbayaGOD

It's a lot more than 5-10%
You're pushing 9-14% if you get tank debuffed and run no accuracy on a white damage reliant spec.
Throw in factors like passive defense chance increases, predation and other things it can easily get out of control. Missing an important ability can make or break a kill. 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 3:51 AM, HeatRacer said:

What spec? Accuracy usage is specific to class.  OP, Sin, Yes.  Sage, No.. 

What spec/class are you using?

On 1/18/2023 at 6:38 PM, Tasaas said:

What spec? Accuracy usage is specific to class.  OP, Sin, Yes.  Sage, No.. 

Operative only does yellow damage, just like a sage. On Sin its a mix but important effects, spike + low slash are tied to accuracy, even if you'd say "well but leth has white damage effects" its not nearly as bad as missing a lowslash can be.

IDK what class you play, but as a sniper a missed legshot which is ranged weapon dmg aka white dmg can cost you your life as its one of your main defensive. Accuracy is even more important in 7.0 because Sorcerer and Assassin are the 2 most popular specs in the game. Half of the pvp player base playing those 2 and next to a ton of advantage they have, they also have 10% defense chance in general, without any buffs on them or debuff on you. As a sniper you are very close to defensless, so if you even miss a legshot against this 2 meta class(or any other but this 2 are the most played specs and they have 10% def), you re dead. So it depends on your class and versus the enemy class. Conc oper and both sorc dps specs dont need any accuracy because they only have force\tech dmg aka yellow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.