Armor and Classes / One Player and 2 Classes

Arstechnica

Would it be a better idea to have only 2 armor classes i.e., Force armor and Tech armor for Tank Healer or DPS characters? This way your character can make the switch to healer, tank or dps without having to carry and level up 2 or 3 different armor sets? Or is the idea of having 2-3 sets of armor intended for one player with the ability to possibly have 3 different roles? 

2 hours ago, Arstechnica said:

Would it be a better idea to have only 2 armor classes i.e., Force armor and Tech armor for Tank Healer or DPS characters? This way your character can make the switch to healer, tank or dps without having to carry and level up 2 or 3 different armor sets? Or is the idea of having 2-3 sets of armor intended for one player with the ability to possibly have 3 different roles? 

That's more like a complete rework of the stat mixes, to remove the distinction between tank armour (has shield, absorb and defense) and heal/dps armour (has none of those, but alacrity, crit and accuracy, even if the healer's need for accuracy is reduced).

What if those stats where placed into other items like implants? This way you are swapping out less items. Just needs to be looked at b/c clearly they have given us the ability to have one character play multiple roles yet you are having to carry more items, maybe this is what they want, but I dont think so. 

3 hours ago, Arstechnica said:

What if those stats where placed into other items like implants? This way you are swapping out less items. Just needs to be looked at b/c clearly they have given us the ability to have one character play multiple roles yet you are having to carry more items, maybe this is what they want, but I dont think so. 

Before 7.0, a single character could always (except for Mara/Senti and Gunslinger/Sniper) always play more than just one rôle.  And restricting the stats to just *two* items (implants = just two) would almost completely remove all our flexibility in tuning our characters the way *we* want.