unify color not working with dye

Scianto

3 hours ago, Scianto said:

I created an outfit with colored dye on the chest piece and when I hit unify it shows all pieces of my armor in that dye in the preview window.
But it doesn't on my avatar.

It equips the outfit but not the dye pattern

Did you press Unify *before* committing the outfit?  That doesn't work.(1)  Commit first, then press Unify.

(1) EDIT: added the footnote above and here: Well, strictly speaking it does, but if it's a new outfit, or you're adding a chest piece to an existing outfit that doesn't have one, it tries to unify the other pieces to "nothing" (there's no chest piece until you commit one).

Edited by SteveTheCynic

2 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Did you press Unify *before* committing the outfit?  That doesn't work.(1)  Commit first, then press Unify.

(1) EDIT: added the footnote above and here: Well, strictly speaking it does, but if it's a new outfit, or you're adding a chest piece to an existing outfit that doesn't have one, it tries to unify the other pieces to "nothing" (there's no chest piece until you commit one).

I have to commit the outfit each time I make changes and it shows correctly on the preview.

Now, I just tried to replace the chest piece with a another piece of armor and it unifies to those colors.
When I try to put the battleworn engineer chestpiece back with the blue/lightblue dye, the colors change again in my preview but remain the colors of the old chestpiece on my avatar. 

Something is definitely bugged either with the dye or the armor. And since I spend already 3 dyes on it, I know it was not this particular dye. 

I might try with a new toon, since I just started playing again. I'll have to wait until the bound status wears off before I can give the dye to my new character.

*edit:

I created a bug report since the ingame support ticket wasn't really helpful for me. They explained what I already tried.

Edited by Scianto

• 3 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.