MOBS behavior out of nornmal going way PAST the chase value

dont know if anyone ELSE has had this i have had it on few Red Reaper, The Foundery and Cademimu to name few. The rest team would be screwing around get PK and i be safely on OTHER SIDE of the board far from where they stop chasing. But i would have ALL the mobs between where they died and where iam alerted and SLAUGHTER me. then respawn back where they where! I have mentioned this in a ticket to no avail they sent me this LINK This horror story has been going on not just on one character but ALL my characters! been told thats not normal mob behavior but its transpiring, IF its out of normal behavior i have had where i not even be attacking this mob it will change from the person attacking it and the mobs all gang up on me and i aint even doing damage to em!

On 1/13/2023 at 3:56 PM, Atlan_Vox said:

dont know if anyone ELSE has had this i have had it on few Red Reaper, The Foundery and Cademimu to name few. The rest team would be screwing around get PK and i be safely on OTHER SIDE of the board far from where they stop chasing. But i would have ALL the mobs between where they died and where iam alerted and SLAUGHTER me. then respawn back where they where! I have mentioned this in a ticket to no avail they sent me this LINK This horror story has been going on not just on one character but ALL my characters! been told thats not normal mob behavior but its transpiring, IF its out of normal behavior i have had where i not even be attacking this mob it will change from the person attacking it and the mobs all gang up on me and i aint even doing damage to em!

I don't do a lot of group content, but that all sounds pretty normal to me:

1. Mobs in instances don't have a 'leash' that prevents them from chasing you too far:  They will generally pursue you until you exit the instance, die, or kill them.
    1. Leashes are an 'open world' thing to prevent players from dragging mobs back to a base.
  2. While chasing you, they can easily pick up additional mobs they encounter along the way.
    1. Back in my WoW days, one of my most spectacular low-level wipes was when our group picked the 'wrong' ramp in Gnomeregan and accidentally aggor-ed the other ramp, setting those mobs on the long run down their ramp and up ours, aggro-ing every mob in their path and bringing them along in a massive train of death and destruction.
    2. You could also wipe a WoW group like this by trying to take a 'short cut' with an inattentive 'pet class' player (Warlock/Hunter Pets are NPCs and can't jump, so they will take the 'long way around' if you don't dismiss them before you jump, and in doing so they will bring every mob you just skipped right to you) or just by carelessly using a fear effect (come to think of it, that's another spectacular Gnomeregan TPK tale:  Man, we learned so much in that radioactive hellhole).
  3. Any PC in the instance gets a tiny bit of aggro when combat starts, meaning they will charge off after anyone left once they finish off the PCs who initially aggro-ed them.  This is important to understand for players trying to stealth the trash in the 'Beware of Hugo' heroic in the Pirate event, as vanishing at the end will cause the trash to run off against anyone sitting inside the doorway, and they they will run back and kill you once everyone else flees or dies (even stealthed, you are still in combat and have just enough aggro that they will lock onto you again).  The trick is to be the only PC in the instance, so you actually exit combat when you vanish.
    1. Side Note:  The other trick I learned stealthing Hugo on my Assassin was the importance of activating my Tech Immunity when I vanish:  Otherwise, mob attacks that are still 'mid-fllght' when I vanish will land, do damage, and break my stealth.

Honestly, I'm not 100% certain of the first 2, but I've had a lot of experience with #3 doing Hugo over the years (though maybe not since 7.0 launched)...

Edited by Ominovin

In instances, mobs don't have an evade distance. Some FPs have specific areas where a mob will never go though, and that causes them to evade out of incapability. That's about it.

Examples where Evade is possible:

The Eselles: Falling down the pit. Enemies will not jump down there, so they are force to enter "evade" since you are unreachable.

Hammer Station: If you are clumsy or can't be bothered to sneak past the trash mobs after the first boss fight, keep running. The mobs seem to be incapable of using the breezeway/skybridge, so they immediately evade as you enter the next area.

Cadememu: Enemies will not enter the the final boss room, and if you run far enough into the room, you lose them.