Bioware Dev Team Sit Down

Weswhitebore

I think that Bioware's Swtor devs for once should request or ask for a sit down/ interview with Swtor's content creators and community figures as opposed to the creators or community always having to ask the devs for a meeting or sit down. I think it would be an healthy way to get the community's feedback across, to get community engagement going, and let us know that our concerns are actually being voiced and heard. When I say a sit down/ interview, I don't mean with just Swtorista, I mean with all/ most of them, Xam Xam, Swtorista, Kogass, Faltun, Coosh, Cliff, Eskys, maybe invite Biggs or Prum, Jorr, Scooby, Pres, etc.

This can only do good for the community.

• Confused 1

You do realize that everyone you mentioned is heavily into PvP?

I'm not saying their perspective should be ignored, but I've seen far too many patches in far too many MMORPGs where changes made for PvP-related reasons impact PvE in a negative way.

Bluntly put, your PvP bias is showing, which is not bad per se, just that your list is quite limiting. Twitch streamers tend to be PvP-oriented because not many want to see me stream my romance with Theron Shan. :rak_03:

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

1 hour ago, TonyTricicolo said:

No offense, but why specifically them and not some of us here on the forums? If they don't engage with the forum members and indeed interact with content creators I'd find that to be very superficial. 

They have an bigger outreach than some of the people on the forums, though, I did say community figures as well, which could be put up to a vote. Some of the content creators also do contribute to the forums. I think someone like Nee-Elder, SentinalMasterWW , SteveTheCyni c, (Prum actually contributes to the forums greatly), JediMasterAlex, TrixxieTriss, illgot, OlBuzzard, krackcommando, there's multiple people. I just think they have less of an outreach. I name these people because they are the most agreed with people, who have thousands of post as opposed to those who post over 6k posts but get very little agreement or even interaction. 

1 hour ago, Jdast said:

You do realize that everyone you mentioned is heavily into PvP?

Eskys, Scooby, Pres, Jorr, Swtorista, Xam Xam, and Coosh all contribute to Swtor heavily outside of PVP and contribute heavily in PVE. It's a pretty balanced list.  Only about 4/ 12 of the names I listed either do strictly PVP or are mainly PVP based. Do you realize that??? Plus, having a few PVPers, some who do both PVP and PVE doesn't hurt considering that Bioware just pushed out an underwhelming PVP Revamp that has most of their PVP content creators quitting, some of which, had a more PVP casual audience.  So at this exact moment, talking to some PVPers couldn't be the worst thing. Though I suppose I did forgot about Aviriia, Cease, Illeva, LadyRann, Shintar Commando, the list goes on.

1 hour ago, Jdast said:

not many want to see me stream my romance with Theron Shan

That is true, there are few people who want to see you stream your romance with Theron Shan, but there are probably people still out there. Those Theron Shan romance youtube videos be getting some views.

Edited by Weswhitebore
It's thousands of posts, not hundreds.

1 hour ago, Weswhitebore said:

I think that Bioware's Swtor devs for once should request or ask for a sit down/ interview with Swtor's content creators and community figures as opposed to the creators or community always having to ask the devs for a meeting or sit down.

i'm pretty sure that ^ already happens ,  just not that often and not that promoted enough (here on the official forums to make people aware) .

And there are a few 'livestreams'  every now & then--> https://www.youtube.com/@swtheoldrepublic/videos

32 minutes ago, Weswhitebore said:

I did say community figures as well, which could be put up to a vote. Some of the content creators also do contribute to the forums. I think someone like Nee-Elder, 

The "vote"  thing is tricky and would cause more headaches than help.

As for me:  i've been trying for years to convince BioWare to create more routine & reliable scheduled types of communications ( like we used to get from SWTOR main site ....and like , for example, the 'Friday Features' we used to have on SWG ) ...but, for whatever  rEAson, they stick with the status-quo.

Heck, we don't even get  yearly *Producer's Letter--->  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/658238-producer-letter-–-galactic-strongholds/  ...or state-of-the-game wrap up --> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/776461-producer-letter-livestream-wrap-up/ * anymore. :confused:

JackieKo  does her best (she's great imo ) , but otherwise it just always seems like it's pulling Rancor teeth just to get any consistant engagement from BioWare writ-large these days.

Obviously, most of the Dev Team is presumably busy coding, but still i personally don't understand the long gaps in communication.

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: never seems to be enough
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Weswhitebore said:

That is true, there are few people who want to see you stream your romance with Theron Shan, but there are probably people still out there. Those Theron Shan romance youtube videos be getting some views.

I enjoyed watching Be-bop'alula romancing him, but I think @Jdastmeant the M/M version.  (Be-bop-alula is female, thanks.)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TonyTricicolo said:

No offense, but why specifically them and not some of us here on the forums? If they don't engage with the forum members and indeed interact with content creators I'd find that to be very superficial. 

Imagine if they invite SteveTheCynic, omg.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

i'm pretty sure that ^ already happens ,  just not that often and not that promoted enough (here on the official forums to make people aware) .

Well it needs to happen more often, because the way it's going, it's almost like it's not a thing. Devs interviewing other devs or voice actors don't count, neither do live streams where they don't interact with fans or where they post tiny little teasers.

23 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

he "vote"  thing is tricky and would cause more headaches than help.

The voting is just for if a lot of people disagree but I think the agreements and posts speak for themselves.

24 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

JackieKo  does her best (she's great imo )

Shes okay, she is biased but still the most active of them on the forums and on Swtorista streams. I like Mr. Woods better, he shows up, drops useful and detailed information,  then keeps it going, no extra unneeded favoritism.

27 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

Obviously, most of the Dev Team is presumably busy coding, but still i personally don't understand the long gaps in communication.

Because the less they communicate the more they can do whatever they want, the more they can make up whatever reasons they want, and the more they avoid critiques, which they like to call harassment, being mean, or not very constructive criticism. They want to avoid people calling them out for any lies and incompetence. It's all over the forums, it's all over Reddit, and it's all in Discords. If they communicate more they'd have less excuses but they'd also have less problems. Less problems mean a better game, a better game means a more popular game, a more popular game means more money, and more money means you're you're doing pretty alright. In an MMO world with WoW, ESO, FF14, Lost Ark, and GW2 I wouldn't want to be in the back of the pack kinda like Swtor is. FF14 had Endwalker and WoW had Shadowlands as well Dragon Flight, they even have WoW Classic, with Wrath of The Lich King. I am not sure what the rest have, however, compared to FF14 and WoW, Swtor is behind. WoW is almost 20 years, i've been seeing commercials of that game since I was a kid, I still remember the Mist of Pandaria commercial. The commercials with Mr. T, Chuck Norris, William Shatner, Ozzy Osbourne, and  Aubrey Plaza. Even guys like Henry Cavil, Natalie Portman, Mila Kunis (That 70s Show), Jimmy Fallon, Ronda Rousey, Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Jammie Lee Curtis (Halloween/ Micheal Myers franchise), Mia Khalifa, and a slew of others have played WoW or are fans of WoW. With that being said, Blizzard just had a WoW Dragonflight Interview with WoW Streamer Maximum and their Game Director Ion Hazzikostas, It would be great and beneficial for Swtor to have an interview or something soon.  I know I just went on a little WoW tangent for a moment but it's important in the scope of game direction, game perception, and game popularity.

3 minutes ago, Weswhitebore said:

. I like Mr. Woods better, he shows up, drops useful and detailed information,  then keeps it going, no extra unneeded favoritism.

Much easier for Devs/Coders  to be that way, since they only deal in  numbers ( contrary to popular recent opinion,  0's & 1's  don't/can't play favorites ) but yes i agree  it's always nice  imo to have more behind-the-scenes  type explanations & elaborations

6 minutes ago, Weswhitebore said:

It would be great and beneficial for Swtor to have an interview [with celebrity] or something soon. 

The real question i always come back to is:  Why doesn't this game---the only STAR WARS branded MMO in existence---get more support & publicity?

It just doesn't make any sense to me.  ... Unless ...  Disney & LucasArts have something ELSE  planned ( soon ) for to fill the SW MMO  market with.

Consequently,  SWTOR would just remain an auto-pilot  stepchild making $$$'s  until such time as it becomes redundant.  ( like SWG was when SWTOR came out )

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

The real question i always come back to is:  Why doesn't this game---the only STAR WARS branded MMO in existence---get more support & publicity?

Good question, just like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop, the world may never know 🤣 But nah, seriously, good question.

4 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

like SWG was when SWTOR came out )

Or when Star Wars The Clone Wars Adventures ended.

I don't have a source and I'm not going to bother looking for it. A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away a Bioware dev mentioned in hindsight that he rather work on games that they own the IP of over ones that they don't because of all the restraints involved. Getting approval for every little thing can cripple a game.

25 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

Unless ...  Disney & LucasArts have something ELSE  planned ( soon ) for to fill the SW MMO  market with.

Consequently,  SWTOR would just remain an auto-pilot  stepchild making $$$'s  until such time as it becomes redundant.  ( like SWG was when SWTOR came out )

Disney is supposed to be pumping out a Star Wars game every 6 months, starting this year, for the foreseeable future. Might not be a MMO per se, but there will be a good saturation of Star Wars games with open worlds to check out.

30 minutes ago, TonyTricicolo said:

Disney is supposed to be pumping out a Star Wars game every 6 months, starting this year, for the foreseeable future. Might not be a MMO per se, but there will be a good saturation of Star Wars games with open worlds to check out.

No offense, Tony, but based on the Marvel Cinematic Universe, I'm not sure Disney knows the difference between 'good saturation' and 'over saturation'...

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.