Companion removal

MonsterManET

I played the game yrs ago just recently started up again with a new account, in the sith warrior story, one companion has always annoyed me, that Malavi Quinn guy, the one who essentially betrays you but is still kept around, why did they force this on the player?

As a sith we should of been allowed to end him there.

I have always wanted to reject certain companions or ask them to leave, Quinn from the warrior story and that pirate from the inquisitors. 

Also noticed that inquisitor only has the jedi Ashara Zavros as a LI but warrior has vette and Jaesa Willisam (if you are male) why is that, I think its based on the warrior being the more major story arc thus has more options for it, but idk.

3 hours ago, MonsterManET said:

I played the game yrs ago just recently started up again with a new account, in the sith warrior story, one companion has always annoyed me, that Malavi Quinn guy, the one who essentially betrays you but is still kept around, why did they force this on the player?

Because in the early-ish beta releases, people complained about having killed their only healing companion(1) now who was going to heal them in their story missions.

As a sith we should of been allowed to end him there.

And apparently it was originally meant to be like that.  Well, until those folks complained about having to bear the consequences of their own actions.(2)

I have always wanted to reject certain companions or ask them to leave, Quinn from the warrior story and that pirate from the inquisitors. 

So long as it's an option rather than anything else.  I happen to like Andronikos.

Also noticed that inquisitor only has the jedi Ashara Zavros as a LI but warrior has vette and Jaesa Willisam (if you are male) why is that, I think its based on the warrior being the more major story arc thus has more options for it, but idk.

I think "the warrior being the more major story arc" is a 137% totally subjective analysis unless BioWare comes back and confirms it.  It's more likely related to Ashara being believable as an LI for a DS Inquisitor in a way that Vette is *not* for a DS Warrior, while DS Jaesa is so far from believable for an LS Warrior that it's not funny.

There are similar problems in the (male) Agent and (male) Smuggler stories.

(1) Companions didn't become multi-rôle until 4.0.

(2) I'll let you work out where I stand on that debate.

5 hours ago, MonsterManET said:

You can do just that once you reach the 'Knights' duology; while regathering your old companions and gaining new ones, you can accept them into the Alliance, reject them, in some cases even kill them.

Spoiler

And yes, that includes Quinn; during the War on Iokath arc, a Sith Warrior who sides with the Republic can imprison Quinn, accept his loyalty, or even execute him - which actually involves a line commenting that they should have done this years ago.

2 hours ago, turbomagnus said:

Hide contents

And yes, that includes Quinn; during the War on Iokath arc, a Sith Warrior who sides with the Republic can imprison Quinn, accept his loyalty, or even execute him - which actually involves a line commenting that they should have done this years ago.

You can do the last two of those options even if you side with the Empire.

Spoiler

When Xalari'pelarth, formerly his wife, slaughtered him like the hog he was, her girlfriend (Lana Beniko) was ... shocked.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Sappharan said:

There has never been a time I made a dark side decision.  Not even accidentally.  I NEVER make those dark side decisions...and yet, I am tempted to do so with that pusillanimous sith idolater.  

As I understand, it's actually one of the most tempting choices in the game according to some people.

Spoiler

It seems that there's a debate on whether Killing Quinn or Killing Sareesh is actually the more tempting Dark Side choice for people that usually stick to Light Side decisions.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, turbomagnus said:

As I understand, it's actually one of the most tempting choices in the game according to some people.

Hide contents

It seems that there's a debate on whether Killing Quinn or Killing Sareesh is actually the more tempting Dark Side choice for people that usually stick to Light Side decisions.

Re: spoiler box...

The aforementioned Xalari'pelarth isn't, as such, as dark as they come, but she's pretty dark, so naturally she did them both in.  I haven't yet played an LS warrior through that point, but in such a case, it's likely that the character would spare the former companion and eviscerate the Pubside politician.

Spoiler

Punching out Saresh and then putting her out of my misery is so obviously the right thing to do that I find it hard to justify doing otherwise.

• Like 2