Lose Access To Class Story Planet Arcs When?

Gwangii

I have not made it this far in the game, but have seen information telling me that when you start KotFE you are locked out of "most previous story."

Am I correct that this lock out would include the story arcs on the planets you have visited during your class story?

And the planets which are not class story, but are prior to KotFE?

For reference, my main toon is in RotHC right now. That's my farthest progress in the game.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Gwangii said:

I have not made it this far in the game, but have seen information telling me that when you start KotFE you are locked out of "most previous story."

Am I correct that this lock out would include the story arcs on the planets you have visited during your class story?

hmm, i don't believe that's correct actually.   Pretty sure the purple 'planet arcs' are totally separate from main-story AND from any subsequent  KOTFE/KOTET  progressions (or other expansions thereafter) .  Some of those planet arcs  are sometimes  unlocked by initial arrival Class storylines , but i believe they remain available to go back and do ( if you've never done them or finished them on that specific character) .

Be sure to read all  mission descriptions  listed within your personal-ship's  Mission Terminal , before proceeding.   And just to be safe, i always complete  ALL purple missions ( planet & Class & sides like 'Oricon' or whatever ) before i ever  click  begin KOTFE/KOTET , since i know how impactful (and permanant ) those  Chapters are.  Be careful of  *spoilers* too!

And this  guide link here might also help you (with doing things in proper order) -->  https://swtorista.com/articles/swtor-solo-story-path/

Edited by Nee-Elder

Starting KotFE locks out the following if you haven't finished them yet:

• The class story
  • The class-companion stories
  • The Prelude to Revan story that links the Tython, Korriban, Manaan and Rakata Prime flashpoints.  The flashpoints themselves remain available.
  • The Shadow of Revan story that happens on Rishi and Yavin IV.  The flashpoints and dailies on Rishi, and the dailies on Yavin, remain available.
  • The Rise of the Emperor story that happens on Ziost.  The post-story dailies remain available.

That's it.

Starting Jedi Under Siege by taking Inflection Point from your ship's mission console locks that out and also:

• The chance to set your story choices for KotFE and KotET.  You can play the chapters, but they behave like replays.
  • All of the "Traitor" arc: War on IokathCrisis on UmbaraTraitor Among The Chiss, and Nathema Conspiracy.

Everything else (heroics, planetary <Story Arc> missions, dailies except the ones during the Ziost story, flashpoints, operations, uprisings, Makeb, Ilum, Oricon) remains available.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/5/2023 at 12:56 AM, Nee-Elder said:

Pretty sure the purple 'planet arcs' are totally separate from main-story AND from any subsequent  KOTFE/KOTET  progressions (or other expansions thereafter)

Can confirm: Am currently doing KOTFE on an alt and started Belsavis Story Arc at the same time to get xp 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...