Class skills

Alorus_Wolf

Any chance of giving players a meaning of gaining all crew skills rather than selecting three...cause honestly, may be a lonewolf here who knows, but i don't really feel the whole inter character cooperation with crew skills it would be easier if players could have the option of learning and pursuing all crew skills with a dingle character. Other option for streamline efficiency of crew skills is an app on computer or mobile devices to remotely send companions on crew skill task whether you're playing as the character of a different crewskill set or if you're away from your computer...I'm fairly certain I've seen this with the Neverwinter MMO and it was super convenient.

5 hours ago, Alorus_Wolf said:

Don't see why not... now i realize some people like the crew skill system as is but that doesn't mean they can't at least create the option if it's feasible then keep it if not then just charge or make it an unlockable perk

Of course it's feasible.  We don't have that option as a matter of policy rather than feasibility.  They have reasons for limiting it to three skills of which there is a maximum of one crafting skill (you can go gather-gather-gather, for example), and those reasons existed long before Conquest was a thing.

They should also make it so that f2p will also have three crew skills, not be forced to only use two. Make they have the same privilege as a subscriber to have three crew skills. Or more! Viva la Vida! And what not! Or something...sorry.

6 hours ago, greenhor said:

They should also make it so that f2p will also have three crew skills, not be forced to only use two.

Plain-Jane F2P has only one.  Preferred has two.

6 hours ago, greenhor said:

Make they have the same privilege as a subscriber to have three crew skills.

Why?  There should be *more* incentives to subscribe, not fewer.

Still im sure im not the only one who finds it inconvenient to have to switch between characters to use different crew skills, and i saw sometime ago that if you completely max out a crew skill, replace it with a different crew skill, then pick up the maxed out crew skill again it would still be maxed out, but i tried that and found it was a lie...still that could be one way for them to go about giving a single character all crew skills...have players max out a crew skill then make a cartel or legacy perk that allows you access to the crew skill while still trying to max out others since some craft crew skills require more than two kinds of material gathering skills.

On 1/5/2023 at 4:13 AM, Alorus_Wolf said:

Still im sure im not the only one who finds it inconvenient to have to switch between characters to use different crew skills,

Probably everyone who does at least some crafting finds it inconvenient, especially as you reach higher tiers of crafting and you start needing Slicing materials, and in some cases, you need materials gathered by completely other gather/mission skills...

and i saw sometime ago that if you completely max out a crew skill, replace it with a different crew skill, then pick up the maxed out crew skill again it would still be maxed out, but i tried that and found it was a lie

Yeah, whoever said that was just plain wrong.

still that could be one way for them to go about giving a single character all crew skills...have players max out a crew skill then make a cartel or legacy perk that allows you access to the crew skill while still trying to max out others since some craft crew skills require more than two kinds of material gathering skills.

Actually, *all* the crafting skills require at least their "natural" two plus Slicing, and as I noted above, a fourth type that's normally associated with a different craft skill.

But as I said in my first post here, the reason for a max of three is nothing to do with Conquest, and it's a matter of policy - they *want* it to obstruct us.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.