How are secret achievements really found?

Screaming_Ziva

2 minutes ago, Screaming_Ziva said:

After releases there are always walkthroughs for the secret achievements and Datacrons and stuff but how do people really find this stuff without the info coming directly from BioWare? I can’t believe people just stumble upon this stuff without any inside information.

they either stumble on it, or actually try and solve it's discovery . I used to to that in another game, and give that info to the person that writes the guides

36 minutes ago, Screaming_Ziva said:

After releases there are always walkthroughs for the secret achievements and Datacrons and stuff but how do people really find this stuff without the info coming directly from BioWare?

I can’t believe people just stumble upon this stuff without any inside information.

They don't.

Most are "found" by  preemptively going onto the 'PTS' , combined with inside information that is leaked by so called "influencers" ( or even actual Staff ) .

Sometimes  certain people search thru  SWTOR game files as well.

Rarely, if ever, does the community go in completely blind anymore during "modern" MMO gaming.

For players like me  who come from SWG (and therefore crave & covet any semblance of true  mystery, intrigue, & exploration) it can be extremely challenging just to AVOID spoilers & secrets.

Even more challenging than accomplishing the achievements themselves tbqh. :(

Edited by Nee-Elder

11 minutes ago, Achnaattwo said:

they either stumble on it, or actually try and solve it's discovery . I used to to that in another game, and give that info to the person that writes the guides

I just don’t buy that.  Look at some of the hidden achievements and what they entail doing.  Take Leg Day as an example.  Jump down from a certain spot and then run back up the stairs and then repeat five times.  I’m sorry, there is no way someone just stumbled on that.

20 minutes ago, Screaming_Ziva said:

, there is no way someone just stumbled on that.

See my post above--> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/926957-how-are-secret-achievements-really-found/?do=findComment&comment=9736273

1 minute ago, Chryptyk said:

data miners?

Again, as i already mentioned in the 3rd sentence of my above post--> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/926957-how-are-secret-achievements-really-found/?do=findComment&comment=9736273

Content creators and NDA's.

There's no way you stumble upon getting all 3 of those buffs which leads to the datacron on Ruhnuk.

They get the information early and only make the media available after game content goes live.

Edited by ronin_chi_lao

I don't think Bioware gives info out. I think there are communities of players that extract achievement data from PTS files (name, description, and list of objectives). That gives a lot of clues of what to be looking for in the game. Then they work together to figure out what to do. Others watch these communities and share it with their guildmates and friends. Influencers want to make guides for them, so they would probably be seeking these communities. I'm not part of these communities, but most likely they are on discord. The info is publicly out there, but it's not on websites and can't be found with google.

Edited by ThanderSnB
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

I don't think Bioware gives info out.

i know for a fact they have, but that person no longer works for SWTOR.

The rest of your post is basically what i & others also stated earlier.

Hopefully the OP 'Screaming_Ziva' got their thread question answered comprehensively and satisfactorily.

Edited by Nee-Elder

On 1/3/2023 at 5:29 AM, Screaming_Ziva said:

I just don’t buy that.  Look at some of the hidden achievements and what they entail doing.  Take Leg Day as an example.  Jump down from a certain spot and then run back up the stairs and then repeat five times.  I’m sorry, there is no way someone just stumbled on that.

Everything that's needed to figure that one out can be datamined. The rest is a bit of trial and error on the PTS.

I won't mention the other game, but there is an MMO that adds elaborate convoluted hidden quests that gives you some meme reward.  Like if SWtOR did something similar it would be this...

Go to Tython and click a rock behind the Jedi Temple.
Go to Mek-Sha and..
Go to Tatooine and...
Go to Ossus and....
Go to Tython and...
Go to Alderaan and....
Go to Voss and...
Go to Taris and...
Go to Balmorra and...
Go to Manaan and...
Go to Ruhnuk and...
Go to Corscuant and...
Go to about 20 more planets and do some obscure thing, alot of times having to walk through exhaustion zones without dying to get to a secret safe area inside the exhaustion zone.

As a reward you get a unique cosmetic with a meme name, like a clock belt called the "Waist of Time."

As for how these are figured out, there are entire guilds dedicated to finding this stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2023 at 5:48 PM, Chryptyk said:

data miners?

yeah this is pretty much it with regards to SWTOR content

Bioware just doesn't really add anything involved enough (or encrypted enough) for there to actually be that kind of long-term or in-depth community engagement in discovering truly hidden content

but it definitely exists in the MMO sphere

exhaustion zones, eh? like the ilum datacron....

I usually like to explore new areas, so much that I usually get stuck in the scenery on "new" planets.

And I click on interesting stuff which had a rather bad result both on Tatooine and on Imperial Taris....  🙂

3 hours ago, Shayddow said:

exhaustion zones, eh? like the ilum datacron....

I usually like to explore new areas, so much that I usually get stuck in the scenery on "new" planets.

And I click on interesting stuff which had a rather bad result both on Tatooine and on Imperial Taris....  🙂

This worked for a long long time:

mount in the exact moment you enter the zone and you can go any place, exaution zones were cosmetic

19 hours ago, Shayddow said:

And there's one in one of the Voss submaps.  I clicked on that one.

I also clicked on the Imp Taris one, but on purpose and surrounded by a bunch of guildies when we were there to click on that one.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.