Endless supply of snowballs still not enough

Achnaattwo

I don't know if it works currently, but a couple years ago a guildmate and I took turns throwing snowballs at each other, cancelling the buff each time. That seemed to have okay returns. It was just us though, no one else throwing snowballs. At the time I kept a mental tally, and it seemed the drop chance was higher when throwing at players rather than NPCs. For me, it was around 1 in 20 from NPCs and around 1 in 15 from players, but that could have just been luck. Of course, there were long losing streaks sometimes. I think my worst was like 1 in 45. My best luck was something like 1 in 5. This is all from memory though. I did write some stats down at the time but deleted it after I got everything I wanted.

this may not still be the case but there was a bug when large groups were throwing snowballs at a droid on Nar Shadaa. Large groups seemed to bug the system and give you a larger return than it should. Instead of 1 package or 1 tree you would get multiple. I would be rewarded 2-5 packages or trees at once in large groups. It may have been counting each person who crit and giving out the reward based on the number of people who crit at the same time versus just the single reward you should have received.

Edited by illgot

1 hour ago, ThanderSnB said:

I don't know if it works currently, but a couple years ago a guildmate and I took turns throwing snowballs at each other, cancelling the buff each time. That seemed to have okay returns. It was just us though, no one else throwing snowballs. At the time I kept a mental tally, and it seemed the drop chance was higher when throwing at players rather than NPCs. For me, it was around 1 in 20 from NPCs and around 1 in 15 from players, but that could have just been luck. Of course, there were long losing streaks sometimes. I think my worst was like 1 in 45. My best luck was something like 1 in 5. This is all from memory though. I did write some stats down at the time but deleted it after I got everything I wanted.

Yeah ...  there's no question that the ol' RNG thing is what's happening (probably for everyone).
** 1/15 players
** 1/20 NPC's ... probably about average too  (sounds right at least)

There have been times I'd get three in a row...  then the next 10 .. zip!  (Didn't make any difference what I was aiming at).  I DID just get two parcels for finishing the hug 10 Wookies!

well I did have better success today, pretty close to what I have done in a week in one day makes me feel better.  I might reach that 25.

I still Have never received a prize, always had to purchase my own.

hmmmmm .  wonder if it's the red hair !?! and being a stepchild !?!

2 hours ago, Achnaattwo said:

well I did have better success today, pretty close to what I have done in a week in one day makes me feel better.  I might reach that 25.

I still Have never received a prize, always had to purchase my own.

hmmmmm .  wonder if it's the red hair !?! and being a stepchild !?!

Finding a place with a lot of activity is key (IMO).  Nar Shaddaa and the appropriate space stations (for Republic and Empire) are probably the best places to go.  Nar Shaddaa for Wookies and Droids.  I actually do much better at the space station for snowballs at players.  (A LOT better). 

In any case ... best of luck to ya!!

went to the cantina on Tatooine, I think it was the aiming fluid I was having there helped 🙃

but for the first time, I reached the 25 🤸‍♂️  .   .  never done that before, always just shy

Still no prizes . .  eh who cares, I got 25😊

Edited by Achnaattwo
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Achnaattwo said:

went to the cantina on Tatooine, I think it was the aiming fluid I was having there helped 🙃

but for the first time, I reached the 25 🤸‍♂️  .   .  never done that before, always just shy

Still no prizes . .  eh who cares, I got 25😊

I'm not sure what you mean by 'prizes'. The only things you can get, other than the 'wrapped packages', are some decos. But the decos only come from the 'overheated gift droids'. 

2 hours ago, JediQuaker said:

I'm not sure what you mean by 'prizes'. The only things you can get, other than the 'wrapped packages', are some decos. But the decos only come from the 'overheated gift droids'. 

that's what I meant by prizes, the decos, but if they only come from overheated gift droids,  no wonder I didn't get a prize, probably just 8 or 9 of those I smacked with a snowball

2 hours ago, Achnaattwo said:

that's what I meant by prizes, the decos, but if they only come from overheated gift droids,  no wonder I didn't get a prize, probably just 8 or 9 of those I smacked with a snowball

Lol. I kept 25 of each and now vendor the rest. 🙂

On 1/4/2023 at 12:11 AM, OlBuzzard said:

There have been times I'd get three in a row...  then the next 10 .. zip!

Oh God, this made me think of fighting Nulfastu Earthbound one time in Guild Wars 1.  He's a "boss" in the Drakkar Lake zone of the Eye of the North expansion, and he lives in a sort of pit.

Anyway, my character and her group dropped into the pit and put young master Nulfastu down, then fought our way out of the pit.  (Yeah, stuff popped behind us.  Bah.)

My character was carrying the Ebon Vanguard Sniper Support ability, a spell which fires a magical arrow (it's the only spell in the game that does "piercing" damage rather than some sort of magical damage) at the foe.  Nine times out of ten (three out of four against Charr), it does fairly ordinary damage, but on the odd time it works at max, it does ten times its normal damage, and is an instant kill against most foes.

During the main fight, it maxed out almost not at all, but on the way out, I got six maxed hits in a row, a one in a million chance.

I actually only realized they added new decos and weapons on January the 3rd! i was completely uninterested in this venet since nothing new came for years. And suddenly a bunch of interesting things.  While I had the whopping 16 parcels hanging from the 1st Life Day season, I  could manage to get the new hat, the auto-cannon and lightsaber in matter of 3 days. (which counts for 84 parcels received)

Did not use the balls cannon, only was throwing balls ( ;) ) by hand. On 3 or 4 characters. Literally on everything that was eligible to throw,

I discovered that if I was in particular area and hit everything "hittable" in that viciity, there was no way I could get any more parcels, so I moved to the farthest possible region from there and started again. Also FPs, PVP and any other place, were graciously giving few parcels extra.

So, I guess I was lucky? 

2 hours ago, OlBuzzard said:

Overall it was a lot of fun.  I enjoyed it.  It would be nice if the team started NOW to look at some cool stuff for Life Day 2023.  (Planning ahead is always a good idea).

(I would still like to see a springtime event)    😉

Except give us an option to add all these events items to collections with the option to unlock account wide. These bind on pick up weapons with no option for legacy bound versions or a collections unlock are obnoxious.

• Like 1