Impossible to cancel subscription

Jedii_Droog

How the hell to I stop the recurring charge?  I looked everywhere in my account, checked subscriptions page, etc. I ended up deleting my card from the payment page, I assume that will stop it.

Why do you make it impossible to find the "unsubscribe" option? Does that accomplish anything except pissing me off????  Amazing customer service. NOT.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jedii_Droog said:

How the hell to I stop the recurring charge?  I looked everywhere in my account, checked subscriptions page, etc. I ended up deleting my card from the payment page, I assume that will stop it.

Why do you make it impossible to find the "unsubscribe" option? Does that accomplish anything except pissing me off????  Amazing customer service. NOT.

Last time I looked on an account that was subscribed through SWTOR's web site, the unsubscribe (== "cancel your subscription") link was at the bottom (way far at the bottom, mind you) of the "Subscription" tab of "My SWTOR" on the main website.  Where the red arrow points in this picture: https://i.imgur.com/ZIILGJH.jpg  You'll need to scroll way down to see it.

But:

• If you bought a 60-day subscription from the website, it doesn't auto-renew.  The mail you got when you started it says it auto-renews, but that's a problem with the mail.
  • If you bought *any* "enter a code" subscription from anywhere else, it doesn't auto-renew.
  • If you bought *any* type of subscription through Steam, you have to cancel it through Steam.

EDIT: and yes, removing the card from the payment page will cancel the subscription.

Edited by SteveTheCynic
forgot a bit
  • Like 3

On 1/2/2023 at 12:16 AM, Jedii_Droog said:

Agreed. Bioware does not want to make it easy for you to leave...they pull you in until its too late and they start charging you for the months that you don't pay for.

• Like 2