Can anyone help me get through the Dread Master operation for once?

I would like, just once, to actually be able to finish Oricon on a character... But I'm not in a guild and I never do content that isn't solo, so I've no idea where to even begin finding anyone to do it with me. I'm on Darth Malgus server

I also am a little worried even if I do find a group to try do it, they'll skip all the cutscenes that I've never seen before, cos obviously these folks are likely sick and tired seeing them. Cos isn't it like a vote system for skipping them? Not even sure, like I said, solo. Only grouped about 5 times total. But yeah, I'd wanna see the story stuff

the quest has you do two operations, yes the people will not wait for your cutscenes usually, but it's not like any of the bosses need 8 people at all. You can join any Dread Fortress, and after that you need to do Dread Palace - that's pretty much it. 

20 hours ago, uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu said:

I also am a little worried even if I do find a group to try do it, they'll skip all the cutscenes that I've never seen before, cos obviously these folks are likely sick and tired seeing them. Cos isn't it like a vote system for skipping them? Not even sure, like I said, solo. Only grouped about 5 times total. But yeah, I'd wanna see the story stuff

The 'skip' system is not exactly 'voted'. There's no vote involved - just everyone needs to press 'spacebar' to skip. If you don't hit SB then the cutscene won't be skipped. Of course, you might aggravate the other players and get whined at, but ... 😇

might wanna join some of the larger conquest guilds, they usually organize events where they run new players through operations at a slow pace, if ur just in it for the story tho you can just watch it on youtube, there is no difference between that and actually doing it ingame

15 minutes ago, juanmf said:

Just do the Operation with randoms. The cutscenes don't happen inside of it but once you are done.

Huh? You mean you play the whole thing then all the cutscenes run afterwards? really? Seems perfect, wouldn't have to compete for the dialogue choices and stuff then

1 hour ago, uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu said:

Huh? You mean you play the whole thing then all the cutscenes run afterwards? really? Seems perfect, wouldn't have to compete for the dialogue choices and stuff then

As far as I remember the story cutscene happens outside the operation once you get back to camp, at least on Pubside.

7 hours ago, juanmf said:

As far as I remember the story cutscene happens outside the operation once you get back to camp, at least on Pubside.

As I recall, there are a few conversational cutscenes inside the two Dread ops, but nothing that's "story-influencing", just setting the scene for big fights.

5 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

As I recall, there are a few conversational cutscenes inside the two Dread ops, but nothing that's "story-influencing", just setting the scene for big fights.

Those barely take more than a minute to play. Doubt they'll pull with you in them

7 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

1 hour ago, juanmf said:

Those barely take more than a minute to play. Doubt they'll pull with you in them

Ah, that sounds great. Are you even able to escape the convos and restart them to explore the dialogue paths? I usually do that cos I hate not knowing exactly whats gonna be said lol.

Will try find a group for it later

56 minutes ago, uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu said:

Ah, that sounds great. Are you even able to escape the convos and restart them to explore the dialogue paths? I usually do that cos I hate not knowing exactly whats gonna be said lol.

Will try find a group for it later

The ones inside the ops have no choices. Why are you still here? Go finish Oricon. You are missing out on it, specially Pubside.

3 hours ago, juanmf said:

The ones inside the ops have no choices. Why are you still here? Go finish Oricon. You are missing out on it, specially Pubside.

Well, this playthrough is Imp... And I need to get to level 80 first. Don't you gotta be 80 to do ops? Wasn't 80 yet when I got to where I should be doing Oricon, so I'm gonna finish SoR first then do it. I'll be 80 then

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

19 minutes ago, uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu said:

Don't you gotta be 80 to do ops?

Correct, now in 7.0 era.

BTW,  obviously it's not the same but you can always goto  YouTube and watch nearly every  cut-scene in the game whenever you want.

Just sayin'.

4 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

Correct, now in 7.0 era.

BTW,  obviously it's not the same but you can always goto  YouTube and watch nearly every  cut-scene in the game whenever you want.

Just sayin'.

Uh, obviously. But as you say, it's not the same. I didn't spend all this time making my character look sweet to NOT see them in these scenes. Rather than some random youtuber with an ugly look.

And I have seen the scenes before, years ago. I looked them up back then, didn't really enjoy watching them for the reasons above, and remember very little about them now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OP just want to clarify a few things since I haven’t seen anyone actually condense their (helpful) comments into one message:

1: There are cutscenes in the Operations before the final bosses

2: However, these cutscenes do not have dialogue options, and are mostly just dramatic openings to the fight

3: Everyone in the group can spacebar cutscenes to skip them- but not everyone is dragged into skipping then! If all 7 other players skip them, but you don’t, you still get to watch the cutscene!

4: All cutscenes are very brief and your group likely won’t even notice you’re in them.

5: There are two operations you have to do: Dread Fortress then Dread Palace. You must do them in that order.

6: After each operation, there is a brief cutscene with dialogue choices. It’s not in the instanced area and you won’t be with your group still, so you are free to take as much time as you want with them! In order to get full story completion, you must engage in a short cutscene between Dread Fortress and Dread Palace (don’t make my mistake).

7: Story mode of both Operations are pretty easy and you won’t have trouble finding a group. Just do your best and you’ll probably learn a bit, too.

Enjoy!