DPS specs need a rebalance

SentinalMasterWW

Bioware in the past few patches did a rebalance for tanking and Healer specs which is appreciated, but the biggest issue when it comes to balance now is the DPS specs, all of them need to get looked at and readjusted. Tech Classes especially have been getting nerfs while the force ones are getting buffed, I get 85% of the community mains a force user, but I like the more simple tech classes, and the ranged tech specs are a shadow of their former selves. 

Bioware could go about this two ways, one is doing the type of DPS spec in a patch, so one Patch all burst DPS classes are rebalanced, and in the next one DOT based ones are rebalanced. Or Bioware could do all the DPS stuff in one patch. 

Without going into a 15 page rant on what needs to be rebalanced these are the biggest issues facing the DPS specs imo. 

Merc/Mando 

-Mobility, This spec has poor mobility, Give them the PT/VG's hold the line. 

-IO, needs better energy forgiveness and better burst DMG. 

-Arsenal needs better sustained DMG.

Assassin/Shadow 

-Serenity/Hatred needs more life steal for PVP. 

-Deception/Infiltration's Crit's need to be lowered. 

-Two cloaks either needs to get reworked or removed entirely.

Sentinel/Marauder 

-Predation needs to be nerfed. 

Juggernaut/Guardian 

-The Class needs a bit more mobility. 

Powertech/Vanguard 

-Tactic's/AP needs a solid single target tactical.

Sorcerer/Sage  

-Madness/balance needs to be nerfed, its overperforming in almost every way. 

-Lightning/TK needs to be buffed, its why everyone went over to madness in the first place, buff this spec across the board.

Sniper/Slinger 

-Marksman/Sharpshooter needs DMG increase across the board, this is one of the worst specs right now. 

-10% Roll heal and in general class recovery.

Operative/Scoundrel 

-Concealment needs to be buffed more, even for single target burst, the DOT based Lethality will just do way more damage than the dedicated burst spec. 

Again, this is glossing over the many issues, but a DPS Class rebalancing is needed. Force classes are just better than their peers right now, besides stealth, and since 7.0 launched a lot of specs have been neglected, We need a big patch update that rebalances all the DPS Specs so everything is viable again rather than just everyone running the meta specs. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, SentinalMasterWW said:

, but a DPS Class rebalancing is needed. Force classes are just better than their peers right now, besides stealth, and since 7.0 launched a lot of specs have been neglected, We need a big patch update that rebalances all the DPS Specs so everything is viable again rather than just everyone running the meta specs. 

i'm sorry but i respectfully disagree with your premise & points.

Since 7.2  (mostly due to 'double XP'  week ) , i've been playing some of my  low-level  TECH Class  alt  DPS spec'd characters ( Sniper, Vanguard, etc. ) and not only do i seem to do just fine in PVE ( cuz easy ) but also in PVP matches  i'm more than holding my own (with Medals & Objectives & kills & such ) .

Honestly the only real trouble i ever have in PVP is either against  'reflect'  (usually happens fast)  or when i get  rick-roll-ganked by  premade squads after they  see i'm not some newb. :cool:

Personally, imho,  every single patch era  has the same complaints and same "meta"  FOTM  issues.  Just the way of MMO's tbqh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

i'm sorry but i respectfully disagree with your premise & points.

Since 7.2  (mostly due to 'double XP'  week ) , i've been playing some of my  low-level  TECH Class  alt  DPS spec'd characters ( Sniper, Vanguard, etc. ) and not only do i seem to do just fine in PVE ( cuz easy ) but also in PVP matches  i'm more than holding my own (with Medals & Objectives & kills & such ) .

Honestly the only real trouble i ever have in PVP is either against  'reflect'  (usually happens fast)  or when i get  rick-roll-ganked by  premade squads after they  see i'm not some newb. :cool:

Personally, imho,  every single patch era  has the same complaints and same "meta"  FOTM  issues.  Just the way of MMO's tbqh.

You did say you were playing low level tech classes and competing in lowbie PVP, PVE stuff. Lowbie and endgame are totally two different things for both content. I've played lowbie and yeah everyone is about on par and can hold their own.

However in endgame PVP Why do I have an easier time running Madness sorc than running my main Assault spec mando? Madness can face tank almost everything in the game without worrying about my force reserves while when I main Commando specifically AS, I have to worry about depleting my energy cells. 

I didn't state it but one of the reasons, I believe Tech classes are suffering is they had many key utilities and Defensives locked behind choices. 

I did mention say that force classes are beating tech, I can see that being debatable. 

However if we were to do just pvp specs, Compare Serenity/Hatred to its sister spec Madness/Balance and there is a massive difference in performance between the two classes. 

I understand that there is always going to be classes that do better than others, however a lot of the DPS specs are still clear night and day which one is better. 

You did say you were playing low level tech classes and competing in lowbie PVP, PVE stuff. Lowbie and endgame are totally two different things for both content. I've played lowbie and yeah everyone is about on par and can hold their own.

Fair enough , but of course i've mostly ever been playing Sage/Sorc healer mains in SWTOR from jump, so perhaps my perspective is a bit more unique when it comes to TECH specs.

Be that as it may, i'm getting ready to  start  trying/testing out my TECH alts  now in 'endgame' since i've finally gotten them all to Level 80.  ( Only took me 10 years! :D )

p.s. Did i mention i'm truly awful at DPS ? ( hashtag: healer4Life )

However if we were to do just pvp specs, Compare Serenity/Hatred to its sister spec Madness/Balance and there is a massive difference in performance between the two classes.

Also fair yep i hear ya.

So of course i realize everyone wants to be uber-invincible ( who wouldn't? ) but i guess i just don't personally believe  "balance" is ever possible in MMO's.   After all, aren't  each Classes supposed to compliment eachother in GROUP situations?

• Like 1