Weapon skin in cutscenes?

furieimperiale

Hello. To begin, sorry for my English translated with Google, I am French, but if I write to you here, it is because there is no one on the French forum to answer my question. You are more responsive here.

Here is my question : In the Cartel Shop, I saw a weapon skin that I really like. The red brambles that wrap around my weapon. Are these brambles visible during cutscenes? Because I purchased a weapon skin with lightning bolts, and those lightning bolts are not visible on the weapon in cutscenes. I don't feel like spending money on another weapon skin that won't show up in cutscenes.

The lightning bolts are very visible during my gameplay, and make noise, so I don't regret my purchase. But for brambles, it's much less noticeable while playing, so I can't enjoy it as much as lightning.

Please help me make a choice. If the brambles are visible in the cutscenes, can you show it to me? are there any pictures or videos showing it? I couldn't find anything on my end.

Thank you very much.

1 hour ago, TalLura said:

cutscenes generally use generic blasters , some will use our lightsaber, but most its a generic weapon

Depends on your combat style.  And there are some bugs.

Old-school Trooper and Agent styles (Vanguard, Commando, Operative, Sniper) use the generic blaster pistol because the two styles for each origin use different main-hand weapons (Assault Cannon vs. Blaster Rifle, or Blaster Rifle vs Sniper Rifle).  They don't carry the same way, especially the HBG vs the PLR,(1) so they simplified the animations by using the generic pistol.

For sabre styles, it's less ... weird, except that most cut-scenes don't take into account the difference between one single-blade sabre and two single-blade sabres.  Only the main-hand sabre counts.

And there are bugs if you aren't using one of the original styles for your origin story, especially if your style belongs to the opposite faction.

(1) HBG = Honkin' Big Gun = Assault Cannon.  PLR = Puny Little Rifle.  I mained Commando for about six years.

Guys, he's talking about weapon tunings appearing in cutscenes. I can't confirm on the Creep Weapon Tuning, but Dread Seed Tuning & lightning tuning don't appear in cutscenes. 

I'm making an educated guess and say that tunings don't appear on cutscenes but I did notice that lightning from Ziost Guardian Lightsaber and Tulak Hord's Lightsaber do.

Sorry I couldn't confirm your curiosity. 

• Like 1

Il y a 7 heures, Dioxys a dit :

Guys, he's talking about weapon tunings appearing in cutscenes. I can't confirm on the Creep Weapon Tuning, but Dread Seed Tuning & lightning tuning don't appear in cutscenes. 

I'm making an educated guess and say that tunings don't appear on cutscenes but I did notice that lightning from Ziost Guardian Lightsaber and Tulak Hord's Lightsaber do.

Sorry I couldn't confirm your curiosity. 

You understood everything, thank you. :classic_biggrin:

I'll wait a bit to see if other people have an answer. :classic_unsure:

19 minutes ago, furieimperiale said:

I'll wait a bit to see if other people have an answer.

Someone else asked the same thing wayyy back in 2016 --> https://forums.swtor.com/topic/809105-weapon-tunings-in-cutscenes/

.... But  i cannot find any official BIOWARE answer about it.

My educated guessTunings haven't been coded to appear in cut-scenes (yet) , either because  it's not possible (or needs a complete refactor/overhaul of old code)  and/or because it's just such a low-priority type thing on Developer's radar.

• Like 1