Fraud? Subscription? Now I can't play. Banned?

LiquidDurzo

I recently used a new credit card to pay for a subscription and then completely forgot that I used it. So I told the card company to not allow the transaction. Turned out to be a mistake on my part, so I told them to release the funds to Steam (where I pay for the subscription) and Steam has allowed me to resubscribe. 

My account is banned... so I have no way to put a ticket in.

Uh... help? Why was my account banned? I've been a subscribed player on and off for years.

1 hour ago, LiquidDurzo said:

I recently used a new credit card to pay for a subscription and then completely forgot that I used it. So I told the card company to not allow the transaction. Turned out to be a mistake on my part, so I told them to release the funds to Steam (where I pay for the subscription) and Steam has allowed me to resubscribe. 

My account is banned... so I have no way to put a ticket in.

Uh... help? Why was my account banned? I've been a subscribed player on and off for years.

hi there,  you'll need  to contact  *Support*  for a personal/account situation like you describe.   If you're still posting on these forums, you should still be able to access the following options:

16 hours ago, LiquidDurzo said:

Why was my account banned?

Most likely because you blocked the transaction.  EA doesn't know *why* you blocked it, so they assume that someone pirated your SWTOR account and you blocked the transaction when you found out about it, and that probably means that it's a good idea for them to block the account.  Follow @Nee-Elder's advice.

I reached out to customer service. They told me that they had to forward it the situation to their fraud department. It's been 5 days so I called again. Apparently there's no time frame for how long it may take, which is pretty lame and seems like a long time...

Not much I can do... only I subscribed through Steam (who fixed the issue immediately) and can't play... which is a bummer.