Make another WLW character, Lana is not enoguh

AldoraTheFirst

With every new update, I hope they make a new romancable gay/bi female character, but somehow it never happens. There is unequal number of gay/bi male characters (Theron Shan, Koth Vortena and Arcann) and there is only Lana for female characters. Of course, there is nothing wrong with her, but it would be nice to have more options for different characters. 

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to have more than one romance option. After all, it's almost 2023, and not everyone is straight from the beginning of time.

On 12/15/2022 at 11:27 AM, AldoraTheFirst said:

With every new update, I hope they make a new romancable gay/bi female character, but somehow it never happens. There is unequal number of gay/bi male characters (Theron Shan, Koth Vortena and Arcann) and there is only Lana for female characters. Of course, there is nothing wrong with her, but it would be nice to have more options for different characters. 

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to have more than one romance option. After all, it's almost 2023, and not everyone is straight from the beginning of time.

There is also Major Anri, Nadia Grell & LS Jaesa. SO, there are 4. 

7 minutes ago, TonyTricicolo said:

Excuse my confusion, what is a WLW Character?

Woman/Women who Loves/Love Women.

13 minutes ago, AldoraTheFirst said:

Nadia is only available after Ossus for a female character. And to be fair, all romances of the above aren't 'big' as Lana's, SO it's not enoguh.

I think there's a bigger issue, which is that there aren't any in the original class stories and every story arc after Makeb has gotten progressively worse. Adding more LIs isn't really the answer, I think; rather, it's better to improve the quality of the stories that already exist. Otherwise, you'll get more WLW who have exactly one romance scene and then disappear forever.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Xilizhra said:

I think there's a bigger issue, which is that there aren't any in the original class stories and every story arc after Makeb has gotten progressively worse. Adding more LIs isn't really the answer, I think; rather, it's better to improve the quality of the stories that already exist. Otherwise, you'll get more WLW who have exactly one romance scene and then disappear forever.

Agreed. By adding more, I didn't mean necessarily with new content, but by adapting the existing characters into the original story. I assume they could just record MC voice, and make a few adjustments? In any case, I agree that the quality of the characters and romance is way more important than the quantity of the 'relationships'. :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 11:27 AM, AldoraTheFirst said:

Sure, that's a great idea, but how about our class companions? Some people are attached to their "old" romances and would like to have some dialogues with Felix Iresso, Doc, Risha or others.

Edited by bluehufsa

8 hours ago, bluehufsa said:

Sure, that's a great idea, but how about our class companions? Some people are attached to their "old" romances and would like to have some dialogues with Felix Iresso, Doc, Risha or others.

Yes, I agree. I think that they should make some of already existing companions romancable by the same sex main character.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AldoraTheFirst said:

Yes, I agree. I think that they should make some of already existing companions romancable by the same sex main character.

This was discussed and there's no chance of modifying the original class stories, but indeed some companions should have been romance option for both genders.

2 hours ago, bluehufsa said:

This was discussed and there's no chance of modifying the original class stories, but indeed some companions should have been romance option for both genders.

Well, tbh I don't think it would be that complicated to modify it. They would have to record voice for wlw and mlm main characters, and make just a slight modifications with companions' line, which doesn't seem that hard, so I think they just don't care enough about it to do it which is really sad.

Also, some of the later romances with old companions can hardly be called romances. I mean, with Lana you really have a lot of interaction, but with some of them you just get one kiss and nothing else? I mean, really...

On 12/19/2022 at 4:09 AM, Hrafnhildur said:

There is also Major Anri, Nadia Grell & LS Jaesa. SO, there are 4. 

I'm still salty I can't use Anri as a companion. What a waste of an amazing character.

Edited by juanmf
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, AldoraTheFirst said:

Well, tbh I don't think it would be that complicated to modify it. They would have to record voice for wlw and mlm main characters, and make just a slight modifications with companions' line, which doesn't seem that hard, so I think they just don't care enough about it to do it which is really sad.

Also, some of the later romances with old companions can hardly be called romances. I mean, with Lana you really have a lot of interaction, but with some of them you just get one kiss and nothing else? I mean, really...

I was really happy to have the Flirt option with Zenith at the reunion on Odessen and i'm hoping that's not all . I also hope at some point Rass Ordo will be given as a summonable companion, bot F and M can flirt with him and that's a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2023 at 4:46 AM, AldoraTheFirst said:

Saying it wouldn’t be that hard and that they just don’t care enough probably isn’t true.   First, which comps are suddenly bi or gay?   Are they now including some of the comps that weren’t romancible previously?  

Then they have to pay for those VA to record the lines.  How much will that cost?  When will they do it and how long will it take to get them all done?   Which lines of dialogue are you going to remove from the game to replace with the new lines?   

What about my female smuggler whom I’ve already gotten through all the content?   Will I be able to go back and redo all of those conversations and make different choices?  I really doubt that it would be easily doable or anything near quickly done.  It would be nice if they added more conversations that continue from where the game is now and allowing the romances but not close to worth it to try to go back and change anything. 

On 1/21/2023 at 9:10 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

And DS Jaesa.  5.  And (as noted above) Kira.  6.

LOL. These are so short that can't even be called romances. And you can't count DS and LS Jaesa as two different romance options, when she still is one char. Lmfao. So even if there are a few more flirt and one-time-kiss options, it's not enough to be called a romance. So, it's still just Lana.

1 hour ago, AldoraTheFirst said:

LOL. These are so short that can't even be called romances. And you can't count DS and LS Jaesa as two different romance options, when she still is one char. Lmfao. So even if there are a few more flirt and one-time-kiss options, it's not enough to be called a romance. So, it's still just Lana.

DS Jaesa and LS Jaesa are different companions.  (They have separate decorations...)

But yes, like all the other F/F Alert-based romance sequences(1) except Lana's, it's too short to really be significant.

(1) Kaliyo's return is somewhat longer, as is Raina Temple's, but they are (a) for Agents only, and (b) main-story returns.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2022 at 7:40 AM, Xilizhra said:

Adding more LIs isn't really the answer, I think; rather, it's better to improve the quality of the stories that already exist. Otherwise, you'll get more WLW who have exactly one romance scene and then disappear forever.

I have to agree with this. I think adding more content to the existing LI is a better idea than adding more characters.