Ruhnuk - Heroic 2+ Weak Links

What happened here? Why am I having to circle the map 5 times to do this? I am so lost, the heroic transport doesn't help especially with a 1hour CD, and worst of all the pathway AI in the game that tells you what path to take IS ABSOLUTELY WRONG.

I don't know who designed this mission, but they must LOVE walking...and walking....and walking. Like this is one of the most frustrating missions I've ran into in SWTOR in YEARS. Like this is Iokath bad.

I even tried leaving a phase walk on the top cliff, try to avoid another run around the map without proper waymarkers, and even the cliff right below it isn't close enough for me to use it.

Seriously, I'm skipping this heroic from now on. I'm never doing it again.

• Like 3

My guess is they planned it to be a timesink.  The mission markers and QT points are useless. Mob density is just as bad as kotet & kotfe, and as soon as people have gotten their cheevos and reputation maxxed, they won't go there again. Just like Iokath. It's a shame, because it could have been a nice new daily area, but it's too grindy and too messy to fully enjoy it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DeannaVoyager said:

My guess is they planned it to be a timesink.  The mission markers and QT points are useless. Mob density is just as bad as kotet & kotfe, and as soon as people have gotten their cheevos and reputation maxxed, they won't go there again. Just like Iokath. It's a shame, because it could have been a nice new daily area, but it's too grindy and too messy to fully enjoy it.

I mean, the rest of the missions aren't bad! It's just that one heroic! And it's not even a heroic 4+!

On 12/15/2022 at 10:52 AM, DeannaVoyager said:

My guess is they planned it to be a timesink.

i don't  think so , since this type of  mis-matched-markers  (for certain missions & zones)  has happened before on other  Maps/Planets in the game.

i don't work for BioWare, and therefore i haven't actualy seen their specific game code (no one has) but i have coded before on another SW game.... So my guess is:  the original  'quest marker' help system CODE  is so old  that no one on the current Dev/Coder Team  wants to---or has time to---go in and refactor or redesign it to be more accurate  pathing.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...