Bask Sunn on Ruhnuk

Obiwantheboldwan

It seems you have a problem with keeping the coolest, most interesting and clearly romanceable characters alive. Bask Sunn was one of these characters, as I saw from other people's playthroughs of 7.2 that our favourite profiteer has a [kill him] option. Lets just say that this will be bad for business.

Will see him in further updates if we chose to make a deal with Bask? I hope we do, because he's charismatic and in my opinion, not really a bad guy despite giving Heta Kol resources.

Either way, how dare you make Bask Sunn killable!

Edited by Obiwantheboldwan
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Truly disappointing that they made such a great character killable, which instantly makes him irrelevant to the plot. Instead we have to tolerate pieces of cardboard such as Rikan who have absolutelly nothing interesting going on about them. The choice to ally with Bask better be relevant and he comes back to fulfill it! :sy_auction:

#JusticeForBaskSunn

• Like 1

Bask is entertaining no question, however, my Mando BH shot him and didn't blink. First, he cheated in something that is holy to Mandos, second, he pulled a gun on her. What else was a self-respecting Mandalorian supposed to do? Will any of my other pc's shoot him? Possibly my gunslinger. But really the man did ask for it. It wasn't a stupid option like some others.

• Like 1

Bask is like the best character than was created in that whole Mando Civil War. I don't like Mandos in general, but after 7.2 I hate them and Shae even more.
For me Dar'manda are more likeably and more honourable (in their own way), yet they don't talk like that about them, than other mandos claims to be. I don't understand how some  random twilek like Rikan can have more plot armor and unkillable so far unlike Bask. I really hope we'll see this guy again, what's more I'd love to get Bask as companion and Indigo of course, two best characters that relates to Mando arc.
I feel sad that he is killable, because it means most probably he will never be seen again...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LanceDefender said:

Bask is like the best character than was created in that whole Mando Civil War. I don't like Mandos in general, but after 7.2 I hate them and Shae even more.
For me Dar'manda are more likeably and more honourable (in their own way), yet they don't talk like that about them, than other mandos claims to be. I don't understand how some  random twilek like Rikan can have more plot armor and unkillable so far unlike Bask. I really hope we'll see this guy again, what's more I'd love to get Bask as companion and Indigo of course, two best characters that relates to Mando arc.
I feel sad that he is killable, because it means most probably he will never be seen again...

What honor do a bunch of guns for hire have?

Edited by FlameYOL
Typo.

I don't like Mandos for almost every aspect. From strange type of "honor" and their pathetic and stupid ideas, problems etc.
After 7.2 even more, especially Shae. Risking everything and everyone, chosing to fight Heta instead  of helping us, scaring of Sahar becasue yes. She betrayed us at least once.
No thank you for this "honor" warriors.

Bask, Indigo or Dar'manda on the other hand don't have such problems.
You wanted to make a deal with Dar'manda and Indigo on Mek-Sha? You did and what? Did he betrayed you then or later? Did he even know that Dar'manda were helping Hidden Chain? No. Deal is a Deal.
Similiar to Bask. Back on SoV II, he bought his life, "helped us" but by sparing his life. Did he betrayed you then? No.
On Ruhnuk did he betrayed you if you made a deal with him? So far no, we'll see later on maybe and hopefully.

They will not do something that can harm or make them lose money, right? Bask himself said that he does not care about whole Hidden Chain as long as he gets money. On Ruhnuk he just want to get his payout. I can agree that their methods or ideas and goals are strange or not likeable, but at least he  so far didn't do something to betray us. Deal is a Deal.

Help and go with Shae of course, I personally prefer Dar'manda.
I hope Dar'manda, Indigo and Bask Sunn will return later in story even if Bask is killable. I want them as allies (on Ruhnuk you actually can make a deal about it, I hope it'll come true!) and Indigo and Bask as companions.

• Confused 3

On 12/17/2022 at 9:23 PM, LanceDefender said:

I don't like Mandos for almost every aspect. From strange type of "honor" and their pathetic and stupid ideas, problems etc.
After 7.2 even more, especially Shae. Risking everything and everyone, chosing to fight Heta instead  of helping us, scaring of Sahar becasue yes. She betrayed us at least once.

You wanted to make a deal with Dar'manda and Indigo on Mek-Sha? You did and what? Did he betrayed you then or later? Did he even know that Dar'manda were helping Hidden Chain? No. Deal is a Deal.
Similiar to Bask. Back on SoV II, he bought his life, "helped us" but by sparing his life. Did he betrayed you then? No.
On Ruhnuk did he betrayed you if you made a deal with him? So far no, we'll see later on maybe and hopefully.

They will not do something that can harm or make them lose money, right? Bask himself said that he does not care about whole Hidden Chain as long as he gets money. On Ruhnuk he just want to get his payout. I can agree that their methods or ideas and goals are strange or not likeable, but at least he  so far didn't do something to betray us. Deal is a Deal.

I hope Dar'manda, Indigo and Bask Sunn will return later in story even if Bask is killable. I want them as allies (on Ruhnuk you actually can make a deal about it, I hope it'll come true!) and Indigo and Bask as companions.

And i don't like Sith!  I don't like their pathetic ways of dressing, talking, romancing/marrying low life women ( a slave and a servant). Mandos are better in any way that all Sith , Jedi and disgusting Dar-Manda scum! I enjoyed killing Bask Sunn and i wish i could kill all his kind.

Edited by Hrafnhildur

12 hours ago, Hrafnhildur said:

And i don't like Sith!  I don't like their pathetic ways of dressing, talking, romancing/marrying low life women ( a slave and a servant). Mandos are better in any way that all Sith , Jedi and disgusting Dar-Manda scum! I enjoyed killing Bask Sunn and i wish i could kill all his kind.

Jesus man, take it easy.

My BH even though LS killed Bask. Because she is mando, and aligns with Shae fully. Did she see him as romancable? No, he creeped her out - she is married to Torian. (OOC, the way he talks reminds me of Doc. Rather oily.)  And he tried to cheat in a fight that no Mando that respects the traditions would allow.

The "honor" of the Mandalorians is important to her. (OOC - Similar to (in other worlds - the Klingons in Trek)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shayddow said:

My BH even though LS killed Bask. Because she is mando, and aligns with Shae fully. Did she see him as romancable? No, he creeped her out - she is married to Torian. (OOC, the way he talks reminds me of Doc. Rather oily.)  And he tried to cheat in a fight that no Mando that respects the traditions would allow.

The "honor" of the Mandalorians is important to her. (OOC - Similar to (in other worlds - the Klingons in Trek)

My main is not a BH, but a Nautolan Jedi Knight. He dislikes Sith very much and dishonorable characters ( thieves, traitors, outcasts) and choses not to associate with them. The reason he supports Shae is because they are allies and respects her as a warrior.  

About Bask : my Jedi is gay and he doesn't like Bask Sunn at all, he flirted with Rass Ordo instead. Why? Rass has a way more pleasant personality and is an honorable person. Yes, of course, this still breaks the Jedi Code, but maybe the Council will cut my Jedi some slack if he will be in a relationship with Rass ? 

About honor : Bask is a traitor, he wet his pants after being defeated by my Jedi in the SoV and gave him that shuttle to escape, Heta would have killed him on sight if she knew about this. So, he has 0 honor and would betray anyone for a few credits, sooner or later he would have ended up dead, killed either by Heta, Indigo or someone else ( Varad, Ash'ad, Ha'rangir or even Shae). 

On 12/17/2022 at 2:23 PM, LanceDefender said:

Okay... I uh... Yeah,,,

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2022 at 7:06 PM, FlameYOL said:

What honor do a bunch of guns for hire have?

It's not as if normal mandalorians had any.

"We are a society based on bettering ourselves through strife, following old codes of honour, etc etc! Now wait while I skin this cathar kid and murder this settlers before my Hutt boss tells me what else to do for credits."

On 12/19/2022 at 8:15 AM, Hrafnhildur said:

dude, read your own signature 😆

Dude, don't waste time "discussing" with him XD (I mean second part) This guy killed his own arguments as well as showed hypocrisy. Also, he ignored me and someone else only because we have different opinion than him XDDD
It's a crybaby.

However, glad someone see the truth. Mandos only talk about honor, while they lack any of it. Or they have only when they need it to show how good and great they are. They are not, simply. Question is if you prefer dishonorable fanatics or mercenaries for hire.  I prefer second, becasue money is their token of loyality + as said before Dar'manda and neither Indigo nor bask betrayed us, unlike mandos e.g Shae.

Edited by LanceDefender

• 10 months later...

I just replayed it with my trooper and I'm kinda hoping that the first (Heta kills Bask and declares Dar'Manda enemies) and third (betray Shae) choice have consequences. Having Dar'manda in opposition to Heta should cut into Heta's plans due to both the loss in manpower and the increase in enemies who are familiar with the inner workings of Heta's organization. 

In some ways, betray Shae is the tactically wise option.  Sure, she gets beaten up resulting in a loss of face but Heta not only loses a quarter of her troops but they are now turning on her.  Manpower considerations aside, this would also make Heta lose face as it would give the appearance to the rest of the clans of a leader whose followers are turning on her.