The Crushing Blow mods are underwhelming

AdjeYo

So with the recent patch some ability tree choices were shuffled around a bit, and I've got to say I'm a little disappointed by the options for Crushing Blow now that Crusing Rage has been moved over to Aegis Assault.

The new talent is just very bunk outside of (maybe) pvp. Lowering Force Choke's cooldown a little bit just isn't that exciting and next to useless in pve. Crushing Mark requires you to constantly be taunting to offer something of a nice dps increase, so pass and Critical Blow also just seems meh. Maybe in AoE situations you can reduce the cooldown of Crushing Blow a bit, but for single target it's really just a 20% crit chance increase for Crushing Blow, meh.

Meanwhile the new Aegis Shield (basically Crushing Rage but for Aegis Assault) completely dominates the option for Aegis Assault. I guess Taunting Strike is okayish if you really don't need any survivability, but I'm not taking 2% DR increase over a 10% DR increase with a 50% uptime that also affects nearby allies. At least before I could get both Through Strength and Crushing Rage for some serious defensive buffs (and Taunting Strike give up a minor amount of Survivability), now I have to pick between them, and Through Strength becomes basically useless. What's the point? Is it supposed to be a nerf? Then why not just do a percentage nerf. Or is Crushing Grip supposed to make up for it and be this cool new tool (it's not).

• 3 weeks later...

I agree.  It looks like the changes kinda encourage running skank tank in PvP, which is how one should go.  But for PvE ? I dont see any benefits, I wish instead of lowering CD on Choke; we can have lower CD on our taunts the more we use our Crushing Blow.