UI problems after 7.2

HrRav

8 hours ago, waisting said:

Alt+M opens the map in GSF now. 

that s ucks, I don't have time to be pressing two keys , I asked in PTS forums if anything changed in GSF, because I could get a match, and was assured nothing has change, seems someone lied, or didn't know what they were talking about.

switching key bind didn't change it either

15 hours ago, waisting said:

Alt+M opens the map in GSF now. 

Thanks, that did the trick.

7 hours ago, Achnaattwo said:

that s ucks, I don't have time to be pressing two keys , I asked in PTS forums if anything changed in GSF, because I could get a match, and was assured nothing has change, seems someone lied, or didn't know what they were talking about.

switching key bind didn't change it either

Agreed, pressing two keys (on opposite sides of the keyboard) is not something you want to do in the middle of a fight. I also tried to rebind it without success.

And I see in the battle log that we still get medals---it's just that we don't get to see them in the scoreboard...

(Isn't that the kind of bug that should be caught during testing?)

Edited by HrRav

55 minutes ago, HrRav said:

And I see in the battle log that we still get medals---it's just that we don't get to see them in the scoreboard...

(Isn't that the kind of bug that should be caught during testing?)

Doubtful  that many (or any) players did  actual  in-depth  GSF  testing during  'PTS' phase.

Heck, even BioWare themselves haven't paid significant attention to GSF since ohhh i dunno 2017 maybe?

4 hours ago, HrRav said:

Agreed, pressing two keys (on opposite sides of the keyboard) is not something you want to do in the middle of a fight. I also tried to rebind it without success.

yeah , I tried too . .while in match, went and dashed away from fight, kinda hiding, kept  at it longer then needed, then saw the 'your not contributing' message, " uck it", just have to go, not knowing  who/what shot me was in (since there are too many kick happy players out there).

after the match I scan and scan, every binding selection to see if there was something else that needed to be 'M' to bring up map.     . Nope nothing

3 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

Doubtful  that many (or any) players did  actual  in-depth  GSF  testing during  'PTS' phase.

I believe it was no one checked, I did ask if anyone was able to check, since I couldn't get a match to check, One reply, which was "nothing changed". what makes me mad about it, I believed them 😡

13 hours ago, Achnaattwo said:

I doubt it's a hidden bind, but after changing the world map bind back to 'M'  (LIKE IT SHOULD BE, TO BEGIN WITH).  Alt+M probably wont work, I'll check next match

That's because by keybinding M to the regular world map, you unbind it from the other function (the smaller map), which is left without a shortcut unless you give it one.

The GSF map opening is bound to the shortcut of the smaller map, so you have to give it a keybind when switching the M key to something else. 

• Dev Post

Hey there,

This is a good catch. As others have pointed out, opening your map in GSF is tied directly to the keybinding for opening the full map in the main game (Alt+M by default). So whatever key is bound there, is what will open the GSF map.

Worth noting that this seems like an oversight on our part so we will definitely look to add a keybind option for the GSF map in the future!

Thanks all.

-eric

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, EricMusco said:

Hey there,

This is a good catch. As others have pointed out, opening your map in GSF is tied directly to the keybinding for opening the full map in the main game (Alt+M by default). So whatever key is bound there, is what will open the GSF map.

Worth noting that this seems like an oversight on our part so we will definitely look to add a keybind option for the GSF map in the future!

Thanks all.

-eric

Whoa!  An actual  BIOWARE  post here in  GSF section.  Will wonders never cease! ;)

( But seriously,  thankyou  @EricMusco for the intel and  please please i beg you for 2023  look at my  sig below for potential  GSF  content ideas/support  :csw_xwing: )

Actually, I have tried rebinding the keys so that I have "Toggle World Map Pane" on M and "Toggle Map Overlay" on Alt-M instead. It works when I am in the ground game, but back in starfighter I still have to use Alt-M to bring up the map.

45 minutes ago, EricMusco said:

That would be appreciated!

On 12/15/2022 at 10:03 PM, EricMusco said:

Hey there,

Thanks all.

-eric

Dear Mr. Musco, please tell your team to stop automatically changing keybinds for existing characters.

It's incredibly frustrating, especially if you have custom binds for everything and then suddenly a keybind you used for over a decade don't work anymore because they've been overwritten by some new function and you first have to setup your keybinds anew (which could take hours, especially if you have to log through 40+ characters, even if you just have to load the saved keymap, although you might need to set up things differently for different classes etc. which will take extra time again) just to play for a couple of minutes if you don't have much time.

I suggest in the future when you add/change some bindings again you give us a prompt upon first character login:

"There are new keybinds available for new functionality. Would you like them to auto-populate with default Keybindings (could overwrite your old bindings for the same key combination) or leave your keybinds as they are?
(You can always rebind the new keybinds manually via the Keybinds menu)

Auto-populate new functionality with default bindingss          Leave my Keybinds as they are(do manually)."

Also give us a checkbox "Remember and don't ask again for other characters".

If you click "auto-populate" you go ahead and populate these functions automatically as you do now, if you click "Leave my Keybinds as they are", you don't populate the bindings. If you have the "Remember and don't ask again for other characters" box ticked, it remembers your choice for all characters and you won't be prompted again (for the current patch).

Thank you very much!

Edited by Glzmo
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, EricMusco said:

Hey there,

Thanks all.

-eric

Interesting, because I swapped the key bindings for both maps. Full map to M, and Overlay to alt+M. In GSF I still have to use Alt+M to open up the map. 

I had expected it to swap to my M key as well, but it didn't seem to have any affect on it.

21 hours ago, EricMusco said:

Hey there,

Thanks all.

-eric

Eric dont forget the medal counts disappearing from the list as well, thats an issue

• Like 2

Am 16.12.2022 um 11:41 schrieb Glzmo:

Dear Mr. Musco, please stop automatically changing keybinds for existing characters.

It's incredibly frustrating, especially if you have custom binds for everything and then suddenly a keybind you used for over a decade don't work anymore because they've been overwritten by some new function and you first have to setup your keybinds anew (which could take hours, especially if you have to log through 40+ characters, even if you just have to load the saved keymap, although you might need to set up things differently for different classes etc. which will take extra time again) just to play for a couple of minutes if you don't have much time.

I suggest in the future when you add/change some bindings again you give us a prompt upon first character login:

"There are new keybinds available for new functionality. Would you like them to auto-populate with default Keybindings (could overwrite your old bindings for the same key combination) or leave your keybinds as they are?
(You can always rebind the new keybinds manually via the Keybinds menu)

Auto-populate new functionality with default bindingss          Leave my Keybinds as they are(do manually)."

Also give us a checkbox "Remember and don't ask again for other characters".

If you click "auto-populate" you go ahead and populate these functions automatically as you do now, if you click "Leave my Keybinds as they are", you don't populate the bindings. If you have the "Remember and don't ask again for other characters" box ticked, it remembers your choice for all characters and you won't be prompted again (for the current patch).

Thank you very much!

That is not good what you wrote.
We have standard into settings.
We have import and export if you have going to save?
Did you not save that is your problem.
must you all backup to standard.

Edited by Unterlord

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2022 at 9:26 PM, Unterlord said:

That is not good what you wrote.
We have standard into settings.
We have import and export if you have going to save?
Did you not save that is your problem.
must you all backup to standard.

Yes, I have saved my keybinds. However, if you save from an pre-patch keybinds file, it will still apply the changed keybinds.
And sure, one can change them on one character and save them again and then load them on every single character. But if you have to load them on every single character on every account. If you have 40+ characters on the account, that can take hours which is a big problem if you don't have much time to play. And people don't even get a notice that keybinds changed, they log in, play and suddenly they're in the middle of a GSF, Flashpoint, Operation or Warzone and notice your keybinds don't work. A simple prompt as to keep your keybinds or update the keybinds with the patches changes like I suggested earlier would be a better solution than forcing the changed keybinds from the patch on everyone without the ability to opt out.

Edited by Glzmo
  • Like 1