Wanting to get into tanking

shadowmalic

47 minutes ago, shadowmalic said:

What would be the best tank spec to start with and why?

The answer i'm going to give you probably isn't what you wanna hear, but it's still the "best" answer:  Whatever YOU like to play.  (whatever seems FUN to you,  since it is your sub your time your money  after all ;) )

However, in discovering yourself,  reading & knowledge  can certainly help.  So, maybe try checking out these OLD links....

....as well as these more current 7.0 era links:

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: why don't players enjoy figuring out things with trial & error anymore?

if you want good advice check out Nee-Elders links

that said, get a Guild or some people to play with Voice chat asap, the game is way more fun with friends instead of strangers.
Tanks are support, being support means they need to be supported by the Group to make sense, support is much easier to get from friends.

• 2 weeks later...

Powertech Shield Tech. It's the most straightforward tanking spec. You got no nasty resource management (hello Juggs!) and almost all of your Global Cooldowns are helping against everything, so you don't have to pop the right one for the right situation. Imagine different weather scenarios. As Jugg and Asa you often got to chose if you want a raincoat, lose clothes or a winter jacket. Powertechs always got an Umbrella, semi warm clothes and shoes were your feet won't get wet, so you should be pretty good in any weather scenarior. You're not left standing in the rain with your pants down like Sins and Juggs sometimes do. I've mixed the metaphors here, but I think you get the gist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

I solo play a lot, and my main is a Shadow Tank. 

Stealth to avoid the annoyances, durability to deal with the stuff that's a bit tougher than mere annoyances. Good spec to just run around and explore the game world, hunt datacrons, run dailies, do story missions, etc.