OPS missions require all bosses killed to be completed

People used to keep a last boss lock to finish an ops faster in previous patches, so I see why BW changed the rules. But there are some cons that affect the players.

Pros:

1: BW stop people from completing missions via last boss lock.

Cons:

1: If someone rage quit in the middle of the ops, which often happens in veteran mode, it will be hard to recruit a new player since the new player won't be able to complete the OPS mission, because he will be missing previous boss kills.

2: If someone does join and kills the last boss, he will not be able to enter the OPS to kill the missing bosses, since he gets a lockout for all the bosses in the ops.

This is not so much an issue with story mode OPS since they reset every day, but really bad if it's veteran mode with weekly lockout. Also, the same OPS will not likely be on the OPS terminal the next week.

I don't know what they thought they would prevent with changing this, because you can still finish the ops faster with LB lock and still get the conquest points. The only thing we won't get is the gear crate from finishing the weekly, which has lead to people not even picking up the weekly anymore because what's the point? It has also lead to people not running anything but DF SM anymore, because what's the point? Even if you'd get gear crate at the end, it's unmoddable waste of space with bad stats. 

The only thing this change did to the game was adding even more annoyance and more on the pile of reasons to quit playing. 

Oh yeah, I forgot about the mats because I haven't needed them myself after I geared up. But you are absolutely correct, the weeklies give a pile and there are plenty of people who still need them.

All ops should have weeklies available every week (like pvp, gsf and fps), and you should be allowed to change characters between bosses and still get the reward.  Or BW needs to change all boss mechanics so that they CAN be done with one character. Currently that is impossible. 

• 1 month later...

I have over 15 level 80 toons, and more than 10 are geared with 336. Having this many toons requires needing more Tech Frags for implants and tacticals. I absolutely don't mind being pugged into an Ops group that has already cleared bosses. The Weekly is unimportant, and I still have 9 other toons I can do it on. The weekly is irrelevant. All that matters is you get frags from boss kills.

Edited by Traceguy
  • Confused 1

On 1/18/2023 at 7:21 PM, Traceguy said:

I have over 15 level 80 toons, and more than 10 are geared with 336. Having this many toons requires needing more Tech Frags for implants and tacticals. I absolutely don't mind being pugged into an Ops group that has already cleared bosses. The Weekly is unimportant, and I still have 9 other toons I can do it on. The weekly is irrelevant. All that matters is you get frags from boss kills.

You can only speak for yourself. The weekly is unimportant and irrelevant for you and perhaps for some other people too. I don't care about frags. I want to complete weeklies. It's like they are being erased from the game bit by bit until no-one notices we've lost yet more old content. 

7.0 took away weeklies from operations for no good reason. They also took away most of the flashpoints and heroics, but fortunately they were all returned to the terminals. PVP and GSF were left untouched (what a surprise - not). Only operations are still missing their weeklies and only operations require all bosses killed with one character. Even if you personally don't care about it, there's this thing called solidarity: you could agree they should be returned instead of supporting the devs decision to discriminate of one group of players. It would't cost you anything, really. 

If the devs would explain why all we don't have all the weeklies up anymore, and why we need to kill all bosses with only one character or weekly doesn't complete it might be easier to understand. Because to me it looks like they just found yet another piece of game to butcher to aggravate a few more people. It makes zero sense to remove the weeklies and adding the requirements for the existing ones. 

I think the reason not all the ops are on the terminal is because there is a separate weekly for each difficulty mode, and if they listed all of them, then that would be a really long list to sift through to get the ones you want.

as for why you have to do all the bosses for a weekly, i believe the intention was to prevent people from just doing last boss lockouts to collect catalysts (op-1s).  it worked out anyways once we figured out it was best to farm EV and KP HM and bait Rakata relics to break down for mats.

10 hours ago, Chryptyk said:

I think the reason not all the ops are on the terminal is because there is a separate weekly for each difficulty mode, and if they listed all of them, then that would be a really long list to sift through to get the ones you want.

as for why you have to do all the bosses for a weekly, i believe the intention was to prevent people from just doing last boss lockouts to collect catalysts (op-1s).  it worked out anyways once we figured out it was best to farm EV and KP HM and bait Rakata relics to break down for mats.

There are more missions in heroics terminal than in operations terminal, so that's probably not the reason. Having all operations in the terminal at the same time wasn't a problem for YEARS. We had one weekly of each, and you could complete it on any mode. 

I think people were mostly doing last boss lockout for conquest, at least that's what some other people complained about. But even if the reason was to stop catalyst farming, that ship has sailed now: most people have good gear, they don't need to farm those mats anymore. Personally I wouldn't even care about the mats being in the rewards: I just want to complete weeklies and to be able to swap characters for certain bosses. 

If they'd take weeklies out from PVP, GSF, Uprisings and Flashpoints too, I wouldn't complain at all. But why give weeklies to some game mode and not all of them. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not sure why F2P has content with weeklies that can be completed solo by flying ships into asteroids (and gain lots of Seasons and conquest credit), while subscription-only ops content that requires a group to work together has only a few specific weeklies available, as well as gains minimal Seasons and conquest credit.

But I'm not a game developer, so what do I know?

• Thanks 1