Vette romance

siemeczek

Hello, I just finished the KOTET story. I've flirted with Vette as a DS Sith Warrior all throughout the main storyline and the KOTFE AND KOTET expansions. From what I understand, there are no further interactions with her (a shame, but what can you do). However, I want to ask few questions:
I've never had the conversation option to marry her, yet she still sent me mail and referred to herself as my wife. I've got the "I'm here for the long term" and "[...] adopting little horde" conversation options instead. Never got the shock collar thingy either. Does this come from my choices (like killing the Hutt)? If yes, from which ones? I'm just curious. 

4 hours ago, siemeczek said:

Hello, I just finished the KOTET story. I've flirted with Vette as a DS Sith Warrior all throughout the main storyline and the KOTFE AND KOTET expansions. From what I understand, there are no further interactions with her (a shame, but what can you do).

However, I want to ask few questions:
I've never had the conversation option to marry her, yet she still sent me mail and referred to herself as my wife. I've got the "I'm here for the long term" and "[...] adopting little horde" conversation options instead. Never got the shock collar thingy either.

Does this come from my choices (like killing the Hutt)? If yes, from which ones? I'm just curious. 

Few questions first:

1.  Did you level up that character  normally grinded from Level 1  or did you use one of those Cartel  'boost' tokens?
  2.  Did you complete ALL  Class storyline quests  and Planet purple missions?
  3.  Did you give  your  Vette companion  'gifts'  to advance her to  'influence' max?
  4.  Did you  begin & complete all  KOTET/KOTFE  'chapters'  before or after  completing all OTHER  purple quests  listed on your personal-ship  Terminal?
  5.  Did you  double-check to make sure  Vette doesn't  have the  "wants to speak with you in private"  ICON above her  portrait face-circle?

Also,  here's  a good guide  written by community member that just might help you fill in the blanks (maybe) : https://swtorista.com/articles/vette-romance-guide/

Edited by Nee-Elder

On 11/13/2022 at 5:28 AM, Nee-Elder said:

Few questions first:

1.  Did you level up that character  normally grinded from Level 1  or did you use one of those Cartel  'boost' tokens?
  2.  Did you complete ALL  Class storyline quests  and Planet purple missions?
  3.  Did you give  your  Vette companion  'gifts'  to advance her to  'influence' max?
  4.  Did you  begin & complete all  KOTET/KOTFE  'chapters'  before or after  completing all OTHER  purple quests  listed on your personal-ship  Terminal?
  5.  Did you  double-check to make sure  Vette doesn't  have the  "wants to speak with you in private"  ICON above her  portrait face-circle?

Also,  here's  a good guide  written by community member that just might help you fill in the blanks (maybe) : https://swtorista.com/articles/vette-romance-guide/

Excuse me for my late reply.

1. Didn't use any tokens
2. I've completed all class storyline quests, but I might have left a few planet (story arc) purple missions. But they aren't class-related as far as I can tell aside from a few changes in the dialogue; especially since you can return to them after KOTET and KOTFE (or so I think).
3. She's level 20-something, but yeah, I used gifts. But from what I know influence doesn't matter in a romance. 
4. I think I got all of the purple one's, as the missions for RotHC and SoR were normal-colored; not sure tho.
5. Nope, she doesn't. 

Yeah, the article is quite helpful, but not right now, as I had all the KOTFE and KOTET interactions with her. 

2 hours ago, siemeczek said:

Excuse me for my late reply.

No worries.

3. She's level 20-something, but yeah, I used gifts. But from what I know influence doesn't matter in a romance.

Right  but as i sorta mentioned above to another poster:  i only asked that question to ascertain  if possibly  you had made  'romance' (code) progress  already  , years ago before the system was changed , and then  now recently you maybe came back to the game  which therefore might've  stuck it (the code)  in limbo somehow.

Basically, the more details & intel  the better.

, the article is quite helpful, but not right now, as I had all the KOTFE and KOTET interactions with her. 

hmm  i'm stumped  then  ... So maybe  try completing  ALL  expansion 'chapters'  , as well as  every other recent  purple/progression  storylines  ( like 'Onslaught'  and  'Legacy of the Sith' , etc. )  and  see if  Vette  ever gives you any romance type  convo options at some point.

Otherwise i dunno , you might have to file an in-game  Ticket and see if  BioWare CSR can inspect your character.

On 11/19/2022 at 6:54 PM, Nee-Elder said:

No worries.

Right  but as i sorta mentioned above to another poster:  i only asked that question to ascertain  if possibly  you had made  'romance' (code) progress  already  , years ago before the system was changed , and then  now recently you maybe came back to the game  which therefore might've  stuck it (the code)  in limbo somehow.

Basically, the more details & intel  the better.

hmm  i'm stumped  then  ... So maybe  try completing  ALL  expansion 'chapters'  , as well as  every other recent  purple/progression  storylines  ( like 'Onslaught'  and  'Legacy of the Sith' , etc. )  and  see if  Vette  ever gives you any romance type  convo options at some point.

Otherwise i dunno , you might have to file an in-game  Ticket and see if  BioWare CSR can inspect your character.

1. Nope, it's my first time playing the game. I guess I'll be missing out on a lot of nostalgia, but on the other hand I'm more mature and can understand plot probably a lot better than I would as a 12-something year old. Unless they've changed it in the last 2 months, which I doubt, I couldn't possibly be having this problem. 
2. Unfortunately I've locked myself out of SoR. 
From what I see, there are either some mutually exclusive options or I've just skipped a few dialogues for no reason. 
https://youtu.be/B_tUDGJYewo <---- I skipped the shock collar and wedding stuff, it never popped up, I just got the "I'm here for the long term" instead ( https://youtu.be/B_tUDGJYewo?t=1930 <---- I've marked the time) just after the Hutt revenge conversation together with her sister. So to sum this up, I think I just got one of the other dialogue options, but it's still weird how after saying "I'm here for the long term" she instantly becomes my wife without any dialogue about that lol.
3. I mean, you can't reverse choices in this game, so I doubt they can do anything, even if it's just the dialogue. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/12/2022 at 9:05 PM, siemeczek said:

Hello, I just finished the KOTET story. I've flirted with Vette as a DS Sith Warrior all throughout the main storyline and the KOTFE AND KOTET expansions. From what I understand, there are no further interactions with her (a shame, but what can you do). However, I want to ask few questions:
I've never had the conversation option to marry her, yet she still sent me mail and referred to herself as my wife. I've got the "I'm here for the long term" and "[...] adopting little horde" conversation options instead. Never got the shock collar thingy either. Does this come from my choices (like killing the Hutt)? If yes, from which ones? I'm just curious. 

to marry vette, you should not encourage her to kill the hutt, it is before the end of the sith warrior story and you should always choose the flirt option, if you don't pressure her to kill the hutt, she thanks you and then tells you if she wants marry her and obviously you must remove the punishment collar as soon as they leave korriban and then it's just flirting and flirting