Daily Resource Resource Matrix Problem

Sazodeha

Simply put, this is severely out of balance with the rest of the reward system. I am constantly over the cap (which is another topic, these caps on Tech Frag and conquest commendations, which has been capped so long I cannot even claim my seasons rewards! These Caps have got to go!! ) and as a result dead in the water on upgrade because although I may have more than enough Tech Frags and Commendations, I NEVER have enough Daily Resource Matrix! One upgrade requires 80 DRM! One Heroic mission grants 3!!!!!! So essentially I have to do 26 heroic missions for ONE upgrade, in the meantime, I am so over capped on Tech and Comm I am basically burning them!! 

Either 1) get rid of the cap, or 2) INCREASE the DRM reward to balance with the rest.

Did you actually think this through DEV???

Devs did already increase them, you not spending fragments (or by extention conquest mats) is your own fault.

The dailies do not give many mats but the weeklies give 50, one CZ run is 65! Don't get me wrong daily gear is the worst gearpath, not only for stats but also for time, but you kinda misrepresented the situation and it did already get buffed.

• Sad 1

They have updated the resources, and while more would be nice, I usually can upgrade my character three times a week, depending on my playtime.   I tend to do the weeklies more than the heroics, so I may get more by doing that than just the heroics.  I only do the heroics to fill in some conquest points if needed.

Increased rewards of Daily Resource Matrices in 7.1.1 - General Discussion - SWTOR | Forums

2 hours ago, casirabit said:

They have updated the resources, and while more would be nice, I usually can upgrade my character three times a week, depending on my playtime.   I tend to do the weeklies more than the heroics, so I may get more by doing that than just the heroics.  I only do the heroics to fill in some conquest points if needed.

Increased rewards of Daily Resource Matrices in 7.1.1 - General Discussion - SWTOR | Forums

Yeah ...  pretty much!

That said IMO OP has their own agenda (not that of someone else).  It's not up to me to determine HOW someone else wants to spend Daily Resource Matrix.   I'm glad that they increased the cap (even if it wasn't that much).  That said IMO OP has a valid point.  This isn't about a failure to understand the system and what it is intended for (which is probably STILL to drive solo players either away from SWTOR or into the arms of group interaction.)  BUT that subject is best left alone for now and perhaps discussed at a later date.

Overall OP does have a valid point.  (Even though I might have phrased it somewhat differently).  Most of what is available to spend the matrix on AFTER we're done with gear really isn't worth messing with right now!  I personally hope that changes.  The same could be said for most of the rewards for GS-3.  If the rewards are interesting enough most folks would BE interested! (Then we'd need more storage and more points to buy them).  

I'm almost certain that this will not be the most popular posting for some folks but IMO it's still pretty accurate.

13 minutes ago, JakRoanin said:

I'm thrilled with the minor increase, it did help. However, the issue for me is I don't understand why we can't use them like Commendations you hit the cap, spend them, and earn more. But the daily cap is reasonable, but not the weekly.

I agree!!  The weekly cap is still a bit low (especially for those still trying to gear up their armor).  

I am always at cap on all of those every week, and that is my issue not the devs issue. I play lots of alts. and I choose to gear through the mods that we have access to now. I think the drop rate is fine, if you are always at cap you need to look at yourself and figure out if it is a you problem or a game problem. Speaking only for myself I am at cap all of the time and it is a ME problem due to how I choose to play the game and how I choose to gear my toons.