origin/eternal throne story tie ins?

Solgath

basically, i had an interesting moment in another MMO where doing a side quest tied into another side quest/story quest later on down the track, so i'm curious, does anything outside the planet story and origin missions relate back to when things merge in ET? like if you did a side quest or bonus story on say Taris, do you run into an npc later on down the track that remembers you from that quest? or is it more origin story/planet story related?

also, have the companion romances changed in terms of when you can start a SS romance with one,

Spoiler

or do you still need to wait till you "get them back" in patches after ET?

5 hours ago, Solgath said:

i'm curious, does anything outside the planet story and origin missions relate back to when things merge in ET? like if you did a side quest or bonus story on say Taris, do you run into an npc later on down the track that remembers you from that quest? or is it more origin story/planet story related?

I'll try my  best to answer your questions, until other players chime in.  So anyways:

• For  TARIS, things are strictly  origin story/planet  confined.
  • For other more broad  'galactic'  storyline progression ( like with  OSSUS  branch-offs, for example )  things  should be connected to any & all choices your specific character made (and makes)  post  KOTFE/KOTET  chapters being completed.

5 hours ago, Solgath said:

also, have the companion romances changed in terms of when you can start a SS romance with one,

Sort of , but it's difficult to answer without  massive  *spoilers* , plus  a myriad of individual entanglements & outcomes.   Therefore, your best bet is to maybe check out this GUIDE here:  https://swtorista.com/articles/swtor-romance-guide/

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: thread got *moved* to proper section

good to know, mainly curious as to what, if anything does impact story, as i came back recently and was tempted to an "all quests" playthrough and wanted to see if anyone else had done it yet and noticed any impact on the story, or if it was just planet based, shame if that is the case, the thrill i got when a NPC from a side quest, in the other MMO i mentioned, remembered my character was awesome to say the least.

32 minutes ago, Solgath said:

as i came back recently and was tempted to an "all quests" playthrough and wanted to see if anyone else had done it yet

and noticed any impact on the story, or if it was just planet based,

It's  both , but it also depends per character.   Plus,  BioWare caved  to all the whiners (vocal minority)  and basically  ruined all/most  supposed  "consequences"  for  KOTFE/KOTET  choices , by  adding the ridiculous  'get any companion returned from the airlock if you want'  terminal on Odessen.  ( *which i've never even used out of sheer protest -- cuz that'll show 'em !! :D )

Anyways,  WELCOME BACK to SWTOR.   Much has changed (some for the better) , so be sure to read all the sticky threads listed here:  https://forums.swtor.com/forum/129-general-discussion/  ...if/when you get bored.

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: vocal minority usually wins...even in RL

6 hours ago, Solgath said:

basically, i had an interesting moment in another MMO where doing a side quest tied into another side quest/story quest later on down the track, so i'm curious, does anything outside the planet story and origin missions relate back to when things merge in ET? like if you did a side quest or bonus story on say Taris, do you run into an npc later on down the track that remembers you from that quest? or is it more origin story/planet story related?

There's a few that I can name, although most do not cross the KotFE boundary:

Spoiler

If your Pubside character did the Flashpoint The Esseles at some point before beginning Onslaught (Onderon/Mek-Sha/Objective Meridian), you meet someone from The Esseles on Mek-Sha (er, you meet that someone anyway, naturally), and that someone remembers you.

If you do the Fez Burba mission on Coruscant, he remembers you when you meet him again as part of the Tatooine Bonus Series.

There are mentions of your Impside character's misadventures with the Revanites on Dromund Kaas when you do Prelude to Revan.

6 hours ago, Solgath said:

Hide contents

or do you still need to wait till you "get them back" in patches after ET?

Yes, you still need to wait until after Jedi Under Siege or Onslaught, depending on which companion it is.

Spoiler

Jedi Under Siege: Nadia Grell, LS Jaesa Wilsaam, DS Jaesa Wilsaam and, pedantically speaking, Khem Val if your character is male.  Doctor Archibald Kimble is definitively straight.

Onslaught: Kira Carsen and Lord Scourge.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

Post Eternal Throne in the Nathema Conspiracy a reference to your Class Story is made. A character from your Story or a character referring to your Class story is a member of the Conspiracy. That person gives you a droid to fight and is one of the sacrifices to summon Zildrog.

Depending on your Class from Fallen Empire onward can make references to class story. For example the Sith Inquisitor has a unique dialog option when confronting Valkorian's father due to his own history with Force Ghosts. Not knowing yet Kaliyo is Firebrand, the Agent can make a personal negative comment about terrorists due to his history. He also has special interest in Vaylin's brainwashing in Eternal Throne due to his history as well. In Onslaught, on Mek-Sha, despite his gruff introduction Indigo is open to talk to you later to get his vote. However, if you are a Mandalore Bounty Hunter he is overtly hostile to you upon first meeting as he is an ex-Mandalorian.

• 3 months later...

Ah. At last found a topic where is reasonable to write, how i liked ET storyline. For me it~s  pity later i cannot return to *my* throneroom, or make Zakuul a capital again. There are no choices about that at all. I also cannot conquire it, or fight the rebels, but i have to help hold Aicina`s back, have to help mandalorians in their civil fight/ have to help jedy master/Theron`s mother in her dream. Why there`s no alignment choices at all? [only Republic or empire]

What if il better be an imp`s avatare then help jedy in her dream to kill him? Why as sith inquisitor i could not betray her?

At least i could kill Theron. 

But not quite understandable why after the loosing a fleet and a Gravestone [sadly anought i couldnt keep it, i made a lot of quests to save it earlier], i cannot use money stealed from Veylin to build new.

Why to save Shae Wisla if i choose to not turn down those machine? Why Therons mother mad for me now for Theron`s dead? In a moment wrote me a latter, where not accusing me for killing her son? 

Will it be possible to kill Aicina[or other in other choices] to became a ruler of the empire? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is also a reappearance on Ossus of an NPC you encounter on Korriban as a Sith Inquisitor or Warrior origin, who not only recognizes you but remembers what choice you made (darkside/lightside) in your dealings with her. I like stuff like this, with tie-ins to earlier story.

• Like 1