Guild Mechanics

Drummerdevil

Hi there!

This may sound like a noob question, but after a long web search I still couldn‘t figure out what a guild really does do, aside from the obvious like FPs, OPs, and socializing.

What I know so far is that you have different guild perks and an easier way to find group members, but what for example are guild invasions and how do they work?

Is there a list where I can read up on all the mechanics how I can contribute to a guild and what I get in return?

I‘m a very active player, do basically all activities except pvp and get lots of invites but don‘t really see the point when I can group up in the general chat with no problem.

What I‘m looking for is a complete list of guild mechanics, all the investments, rewards and activities.

You may also send me some links but so far I only found infos on how to find guilds and the obvious stuff but no complete list or guide.

Thx a lot, have fun and see you ingame. ^^

DD - The Dark Legacy

1 hour ago, Drummerdevil said:

This may sound like a noob question, but after a long web search I still couldn‘t figure out what a guild really does do,

What I know so far is that you have different guild perks and an easier way to find group members, but what for example are guild invasions and how do they work?

Is there a list where I can read up on all the mechanics how I can contribute to a guild and what I get in return?

What I‘m looking for is a complete list of guild mechanics, all the investments, rewards and activities.

You may also send me some links

hello there ,   here are some  GUILD related links for your  reading pleasure:

.... Hope that ^  helps you.  And remember:  It's your sub, your time, your money, your FUN .  ( So play SWTOR however you find most enjoyable, within rules & reason of course:csw_guard: )

• Like 1

I'll just look at one thing you asked. I don't know enough about everything guilds to provide complete mechanics. Lots of things like costs for all the unlocks or things guild leaders can do are not well documented online.

Ways to Contribute

Guild Bank - You can donate items or credits to the guild to be used by other members. What you get in return - Some guilds have a tab with freebies any member can take out. Usually, they aren't going to be valuable stuff. Maybe xp boosts or cheap mounts, mainly stuff for new or leveling players. The guild leader decides what the permissions will be. Some guilds are generous, and others are not.

Guild Flagship & Guild Stronghold (U key) - You can donate decorations to the guild from the decorations UI by paying some credits (usually 50k each). The guild leader can use them to decorate the guild stronghold. What you get in return - A nice looking meeting space for your guild, guild pride, and maybe fun events (depends on the guild).

Guild Invasions & Conquest (L key) - As you complete conquest objectives, you earn conquest points for yourself and your guild. When you get to 100k, you complete your personal goal. The guild also has a goal on the guild invasions tab. What you get in return - When you complete your personal conquest goal, you get some credits, tech fragments, and conquest commendations. You can do this once a week per character. If the guild reaches its conquest goal, all members that finished their personal conquest goal that week get the additional rewards shown on the guild invasion tab for the planet the guild invaded (credits, tech fragments, choice of crafting materials or an Encryption, Reinforcement Component). Also, if your guild gets first place above all other guilds on that planet, the members that completed personal conquest goals that week will also get an achievement and title "Conqueror of PLANETNAME" (e.g. "Conqueror of Taris"). If you get all the Conqueror achievements, you get another achievement and title "The Galaxy Conqueror".

Guild Levels & Perks (G key) - Conquest points also increase guild xp, so completing conquest objectives also helps your guild gain levels. Also, the Encryptions and Reinforcement Modules you get from the weekly guild conquest rewards can be donated to the guild leader. Encryptions are required to unlock more rooms in the guild flagship. Reinforcement Modules are required for the high level guild perks. What you get in return - Up to 15% bonus to xp and reputation (based on guild level). Guild perks that increase rewards from various activities (crafting, xp, credits, etc.). It depends on the guild leader what the guild perks will be. Usually, they will pick based on their guild's focus. For example, if they focus on operations, they will have bonuses for operations. Most guilds also try to get one of the set bonuses from guild perks (like +5% critical chance or +5% alacrity). Set bonuses work everywhere except PvP and Master operations.

Hopefully, you can figure everything out. There are probably some guides online, but they might not be up to date. SWTOR doesn't have a huge community making guides these days. It's just Swtorista and sometimes Vulkk (mainly class and event guides). Feel free to ask your guild for more information also.

Thanks a lot for the links and the answers! ^^

That was exactly what I was looking for. As you said much of this is not well documented and I got tired of searching the web for bits and pieces.

But these links are very helpful for guild noobs like me, and the list is just wonderful, all the answers I needed. ;) 

And you know what? Now I really wanna join a guild, because I overshoot my personal conquest every week, so I guess I missed out on a lot of bonusses because I just didn‘t have the right infos and reasons why to even join a guild. 🙈

So thanks a lot, I hope this helps other people, have fun and see you around…maybe in your guild! 😎

2 hours ago, Drummerdevil said:

Thanks a lot for the links  ^^

That was exactly what I was looking for. As you said much of this is not well documented and I got tired of searching the web for bits and pieces.

But these links are very helpful for guild noobs like me, and the list is just wonderful, all the answers I needed.

And you know what? Now I really wanna join a guild, because I overshoot my personal conquest every week, so I guess I missed out on a lot of bonusses because I just didn‘t have the right infos and reasons why to even join a guild.

So thanks a lot, I hope this helps other people,

No problem at all !  Best of luck  yep.   :ph_use_the_force:   /tip-hat

• 4 weeks later...

Follow up from OP:

Just wanted to let you all know that with your help I‘m now an real active member of a nice guild. :)

Shortly after I got this helpful answers I joined one of the big ones on my server and I‘m really enjoying my time there.

The game feels now much more friendly,  I‘m almost daily in some nice guild groups and I even make it into Top 10 of guild almost every week.

So it‘s a success story. ^^
Thank you again for your answers, it really changed the game for me and hope other players find this helpful as well. 😃

• Like 4

• 2 months later...