Elara or Quinn. Are you Serious? You can't recruit both of them?

LordTragidous

So in the point that I am in the story. I am playing Jedi Knight on my main. I was hoping to get most characters recruited for the alliance.

(I'll leave most of it in spoiler because I don't like talking about spoilers)

Spoiler

As a Jedi Knight, I chose to side with the Empire in this situation. I later learned that this choice does not matter in the end. You can just go back to the Republic no questions asked.

I chose the Empire because Theron's dad was a [mean words]. I honestly forgot his name. Also a character I've never seen before. Didn't even apologize so I said screw him. When he died I thought it was really funny and was like "whatever, bye". The Republic literally abandoned you and actually tried to have you assassinated. I play my Knight as the most heroic. I kind of like the idea that things are not as simple as black and white for ONCE.

The REAL consequence and the REAL choice in the end is whether or not you have Elara or Quinn. Had I known this I might have picked the republic because I like her more. It feels really dumb. Elara is "disgusted at the idea of joining the empire". Really? So I am perma locked from Elara on my team for frivolous alliances? good job Bioware. At least I know what to do if I ever get Trooper this far in the story.

And yeah I wanted to collect all characters that I could like Pokémon so it is really disappointing that I can't. I have heard that only the Sith Warrior can recruit them both which is even worse. 

Well duh.

Spoiler

One is a Republic Loyalist of high loyalty, while the other is an Empire Loyalist of high loyalty.

Sounds perfectly reasonable that you can't recruit them both, and equally that if you pick one side, you can't recruit the one who is loyal to the other side.

And I have to wonder why you think it was *funny* that someone's parent died.  I'm not sorry that I critiqued you on this point, by the way, not since my wife passed away right in front of me in 2015.

Spoiler

I recorded this part in obs. He's pretty rude and doesn't apologize. He comes off and maniacal when he tries to take possession of the weapon and gets himself killed. Past Theron's initial reaction he does not ever talk about it ever again other than like a couple remarks confirming his dad did in fact die. In terms of the way it was presented in the story he is disposable and the fact he did not see his own demise coming was in a way "comedic" to me. 

Edited by LordTragidous
Deleted my apology because your personal life is yours

I'm not sure if you've done the Trooper or the Sith Warrior classes but both Quinn and Elara have incredibly deep and complex backstories and Personally, I think it's ridiculous that Quinn would side with a SW who...

Spoiler

Betrays the Empire!

In the Trooper story you understand why Elara makes the choice she makes in Iokath. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, xordevoreaux said:

Can't you retrieve both from the holoterminal on Odessen regardless of story progression?

I ought to give you a medal. You actually said the most useful thing out of any forum I've been too. Thanks.

Edited by LordTragidous

If I'm being honest. Being the commander of the Eternal Alliance bring about a level of neutrality. I like that idea and hate that Bioware decided to get rid of it almost immediately. Could have brought a level of moral grey area to the story. Literally anyone could join your ranks regardless of creed or affiliation. Until this part of the story.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LordTragidous said:

I ought to give you a medal. You actually said the most useful thing out of any forum I've been too. Thanks.

Don't forget that Elara occasionally shows up in cut-scenes if you recruited her through the story, but not if you summoned her via the terminal.  I'm pretty sure I haven't seen anything like that for Quinn.

Steve, kind of off topic but I'm sorry to hear about your loss. 

And Lord Tragidous, the Alliance is forced to break its neutrality after KOTET ends. Lana tells you in so many words that the Alliance can no longer afford to be neutral, once you lose the Gravestone and the Fleet. You're forced to choose sides and no matter which side you pick, there are consequences.

And as has already been said, you can use the terminal in Odessen. Whichever companion you retrieve through the terminal, however, will not appear in any story.

On 10/28/2022 at 4:55 PM, JakRoanin said:

I'm not sure if you've done the Trooper or the Sith Warrior classes but both Quinn and Elara have incredibly deep and complex backstories and Personally, I think it's ridiculous that Quinn would side with a SW who...

Hide contents

Betrays the Empire!

In the Trooper story you understand why Elara makes the choice she makes in Iokath. 

I think there is a certain logic for why Quinn sides with the Warrior in that case. The Imperial power structure is more feudal than the Republic, and it's almost historically designed to facilitate Sith powerplays. Many Imperial Soldiers are more loyal specifically to their Sith Lord overseers than they are to the Empire itself or the even the Emperor.

Spoiler

He's also likely motivated to do so to make up for betraying you to Baras during the class story. He still regrets that and his way of trying to redeem himself in his own eyes is to dedicate himself to the Warrior's goals above all other concerns.

Edited by OldVengeance
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2022 at 9:53 AM, OldVengeance said:
  Hide contents

He's also likely motivated to do so to make up for betraying you to Baras during the class story. He still regrets that and his way of trying to redeem himself in his own eyes is to dedicate himself to the Warrior's goals above all other concerns.

Except that if that was the case,

Spoiler

Why didn't he bunk off and search for the warrior like Miss Spooky Eyes did?

• 3 months later...
On 10/30/2022 at 2:21 AM, LordTragidous said:

If I'm being honest. Being the commander of the Eternal Alliance bring about a level of neutrality. I like that idea and hate that Bioware decided to get rid of it almost immediately. Could have brought a level of moral grey area to the story. Literally anyone could join your ranks regardless of creed or affiliation. Until this part of the story.

YES! I hate that you have to "choose a side" although that later changes somewhat but I wanted my LS Sith Inquisitor to stay neutral. I play it that she joins the Republic to get inside information and play both  sides against each other. She doesn't really like or trust either of them but wants to keep an eye on both sides. Plus she's married to Theron and it made him happy to be aligned with Republic at least in words if not thought. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...