G.A.M.E. Analysis Modules

Darcmoon

I just completed daily heroic missions on Corellia, Coruscant, Alderaan, and Tatooine.  All the missions were run with PH4-LNX.  I ended up with 3 G.A.M.E. Analysis Modules.  However, I'm up to 480 Jawa Junk from deconstructing all the trash drops.  I am afraid to burn 500 Jawa Junk on Jawa Intel if all I end up is going from 3 G.A.M.E. Analysis Modules to maybe 6 after completing 4 planets worth of daily heroics.  Can anyone confirm if the Jawa Intel makes a noticeable difference in the drop rate?

EDIT: I have reached Legend in Shadow Syndicate reputation

Edited by Takanudo

3 hours ago, illgot said:

do you have to have the new companion out for rep tokens to drop?

i thought so, but only based on this:  https://forums.swtor.com/topic/925384-changes-coming-to-galactic-seasons-reputation-tracks/#comment-9724077  (about the other GS2 companion/reputation) ...and this: https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20221020

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: the 2nd link article makes it sound like you do....ugh BioWare confusing & inconstistant

3 hours ago, illgot said:

do you have to have the new companion out for rep tokens to drop?

I have had them drop from dailies, the world and fp without using the new companion Pha- Lnx. So no, it should not be required to constantly use this companion. That was only for the quest and the objective to find the 20 cheaters.

I believe this is only required with Fen Zeil now if people are still trying to finish Shadow Syndicate. I never had to use Fen Zeil to get rep items during season 2.

So I’ve heard yes you need the new comp out and no you don’t.   I wish BW would give an answer for this.   I still haven’t had them drop in the open world and I really don’t want to be using a comp with a lvl 1 affection instead of my normal one

The drop rate is pretty low. They don't drop at all out in the world unless you have PH4-LNX out. Even with PH4-LNX out, it's only a 1% drop rate or about 1 in 100 kills. For reference, I killed 2016 mobs with PH4-LNX and got 22 G.A.M.E. Analysis Modules (slightly higher than expected). Then I killed 1006 mobs without PH4-LNX and didn't get a single Module. Also, this season there's no mobs that have an increased drop rate like in Season 2, so it's just the 1% drop rate.

I also think there is a bug here because PH4-LNX is not supposed to be required for them to drop. There is supposed to be a base drop rate and an increased drop rate if PH4-LNX is out. See the description of this Season 3 objective Better Analytics below: (important part in bold)

Better Analytics
- Obtain G.A.M.E. Analysis Modules by completing Daily Objectives, Season
Objectives, Season Reward Track, Flashpoints, Uprisings, Operations, or defeating
enemies across the Galaxy.
- Daily Objectives grant 2 G.A.M.E. Analysis Modules
- Season Objectives grant 10-15 G.A.M.E. Analysis Modules
- Some Reward Track levels grant 10 G.A.M.E. Analysis Modules
- Flashpoints grant 2-4 G.A.M.E. Analysis Modules
- Uprisings grant 3-5 G.A.M.E. Analysis Modules
- 8 Player Operations grant 12-18 G.A.M.E. Analysis Modules
- 16 Player Operations grant 14-24 G.A.M.E. Analysis Modules
- Lair Bosses (including Event Lair Bosses) grant 2-6 G.A.M.E. Analysis Modules
Combat with PH4-LNX as your companion is prone to produce higher yields of
G.A.M.E. Analysis Modules.
Speaking with an 'Informative Jawa' on the Fleet may
offer aid in locating G.A.M.E. Analysis Modules.

Source: (Week 2 Objectives, bottom of page) https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20221020

The wording "higher yields" implies that there is a base yield for G.A.M.E. Analysis Modules, but there isn't. There is only one drop rate, when you have PH4-LNX out and that's it.

At this time, I wouldn't bother with farming mobs unless you just need a small handful like 1 to 10. Anything more than that is going to take way too long. Just run flashpoints, uprisings, and operations. If you still want to farm mobs, you can speed things up by fighting in an area with lots of standard or weak mobs. Stronger mobs don't have better drop rates, so the faster you can get kills, the faster you will get Modules. Also, make sure to use a class with good AoE like Sorcerer / Sage or Sniper / Gunslinger, and since you'll be in level sync areas, you can also stack alacrity instead of critical (aim for 1.3s GCD). And remember you must have PH4-LNX out as your companion. If you want to do this on an alt, you will need to pay the cartel coins to unlock the companion in Collections. Last thing: be careful about grouping with others to get kills. If it's just 2 players, you'll be fine, but if it's 3 players, only 1 player will have a companion. The other 2 players won't get any Modules. If it's a 4 player group, none of the players will get Modules.

Edited by ThanderSnB
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ThanderSnB said:

The drop rate is pretty low. They don't drop at all out in the world unless you have PH4-LNX out. Even with PH4-LNX out, it's only a 1% drop rate or about 1 in 100 kills. For reference, I killed 2016 mobs with PH4-LNX and got 22 G.A.M.E. Analysis Modules (slightly higher than expected). Then I killed 1006 mobs without PH4-LNX and didn't get a single Module. Also, this year there's no mobs that have an increased drop rate like in Season 2, so it's just the 1% drop rate.

I also think there is a bug here because PH4-LNX is not supposed to be required for them to drop. There is supposed to be a base drop rate and an increased drop rate if PH4-LNX is out. See the description of this Season 3 objective Better Analytics below: (important part in bold)

The wording "higher yields" implies that there is a base yield for G.A.M.E. Analysis Modules, but there isn't. There is only one drop rate, when you have PH4-LNX out and that's it.

At this time, I wouldn't bother with farming mobs unless you just need a small handful like 1 to 10. Anything more than that is going to take way too long. Just run flashpoints, uprisings, and operations. If you still want to farm mobs, you can speed things up by fighting in an area with lots of standard or weak mobs. Stronger mobs don't have better drop rates, so the faster you can get kills, the faster you will get Modules. Also, make sure to use a class with good AoE like Sorcerer / Sage or Sniper / Gunslinger, and since you'll be in level sync areas, you can also stack alacrity instead of critical (aim for 1.3s GCD). And remember you must have PH4-LNX out as your companion. If you want to do this on an alt, you will need to pay the cartel coins to unlock the companion in Collections. Last thing: be careful about grouping with others to get kills. If it's just 2 players, you'll be fine, but if it's 3 players, only 1 player will have a companion. The other 2 players won't get any Modules. If it's a 4 player group, none of the players will get Modules.

Yea.  I remember reading that and thinking that meant I didn’t need her out to get them.   If it is just a bug, I hope they fix it.   If they meant for you to have her out, I wish they’d just come out and say it.  

I wasn’t interested in farming them so much as wanting to get them from mobs to make sure I would have enough to complete the rep grind during the season so I can get the achievement.  Relying on getting them just from GS3 objectives won’t work well and I don’t have it in me to run that many solo FP or vet FPs and I don’t generally get a lot of chances to run OPs. 

On 10/22/2022 at 11:25 PM, Darcmoon said:

Yea.  I remember reading that and thinking that meant I didn’t need her out to get them.   If it is just a bug, I hope they fix it.   If they meant for you to have her out, I wish they’d just come out and say it. 

FYI  everyone:  Today  i just ran  DF/DP  on my  BH alt (who doesn't even  have  'PH4-LNX'  nor  started any  'G.A.M.E.'  missions at all )  and i received a few  modules from  boss loot.

*Only my  Sorc main has  'PH4-LNX'  companion/quests.   So it would appear that  in fact you don't need  the new companion called out?

p.s.  Is it me or do these particular  reputation module clickys seem to garner  less rep point amounts than other reputations?

Edited by Nee-Elder

25 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

p.s.  Is it me or do these particular  reputation module clickys seem to garner  less rep point amounts than other reputations?

Nope, it's not just you. I noticed the same thing. They only seem to reward a couple hundred (base) rep points each.

Guess I have a use for all those rep bonus items from log in rewards now ;).

3 hours ago, Lyriel said:

Nope, it's not just you. I noticed the same thing. They only seem to reward a couple hundred (base) rep points each.

Guess I have a use for all those rep bonus items from log in rewards now ;).

You can use those yes and if you're in a guild or have a small guild of your own, you can purchase the reputation perk to increase rep by 5%. It might help a bit.

3 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

FYI  everyone:  Today  i just ran  DF/DP  on my  BH alt (who doesn't even  have  'PH4-LNX'  nor  started any  'G.A.M.E.'  missions at all )  and i received a few  modules from  boss loot.

*Only my  Sorc main has  'PH4-LNX'  companion/quests.   So it would appear that  in fact you don't need  the new companion called out?

Flashpoints and Ops have a reliable final drop of the Modules regardless.  Last season they dropped the ones for Fen also.  It is in the open world, running around that is the main question since I don't want to have to spam solo or vet FP to get them.  They actually give the same amount of rep as the rep items from last season.  It is lower than the standard rep they usually put in though.

If you're a subscriber and have a 15% rep bonus from guild, you only need 6 purple tokens each week to reach the weekly cap. This requires 120 Modules. If you are able to do 7 weekly objectives each week, you will usually end up around 90-100. That leaves 20-30 needing to be farmed, so most weeks it will take 7-10 flashpoints to get to 120. I will probably split it over 3 days and pair it with Activity Finder: Socialite I as part of Conquest on my alts.

Edited by ThanderSnB

On 10/24/2022 at 11:59 AM, Nee-Elder said:

Bosses and pvp sont require te companion. I was earning them in GSF.

On 10/24/2022 at 1:00 PM, Darcmoon said:

Flashpoints and Ops have a reliable final drop of the Modules regardless.  

It is in the open world, running around that is the main question since I don't want to have to spam solo or vet FP to get them. 

1 minute ago, illgot said:

Bosses and pvp sont require te companion. I was earning them in GSF.

ahhh okay , cool  good to know  both  intel  ^^  yep  , THANKS !  :ph_cheers: