What species are Valk & Jos Beroya?

bluehufsa

Hi. 

In the Blood Hunt flashpoint, both Valk & Jos appear to be way taller than the player's character, regardless of species, so this got me thinking, could they not be human, but humanoid, for example Week.. Weak.. whatever species is Tano Vik ( trooper companion) ? Or same as the Locust ( final boss in a Rep heroic on Taris, where you go to rescue a twilek girl named Emily) . 

Waiting for your thoughts. 

16 minutes ago, FlameYOL said:

I always figured they were just humans, we haven't seen many if any non-humans within the Vizla clan.

That's true, we don't know if there are non-humans among the Vizla clan members, but we do know there are non-human Mandalorians ( twilek dude who gives a quest on Dromund Kaas, the Chieftain of Clan Sharatt, zabrak members of Clan Sharatt and so on).  Oh well maybe you are right and they  ( Valk and Jos) are just humans.

Edited by bluehufsa

On 10/20/2022 at 12:07 PM, bluehufsa said:

That's true, we don't know if there are non-humans among the Vizla clan members, but we do know there are non-human Mandalorians ( twilek dude who gives a quest on Dromund Kaas, the Chieftain of Clan Sharatt, zabrak members of Clan Sharatt and so on).  Oh well maybe you are right and they  ( Valk and Jos) are just humans.

Oh yeah the Mandalorians as a whole aren't exclusively humans its justwe haven't seen any non-humans in the Vizla clan.

And don't forget that silver and gold foes, to say nothing of white-yellow champions, are usually bigger than ordinary and weak dweebs.

EDIT: that's the origin for my nickname for the old animation for the Guardian ability Blade Dance, where you turned around and stabbed the foe in the gut with a reverse-grip stance.  Of course, it was my BT2 female guardian, who used Blade Dance extensively against silvers.  They were substantially bigger than her, and she ended up stabbing them somewhere ... lower ... than the gut.  I called the ability "Nut Stab".

Edited by SteveTheCynic
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

And don't forget that silver and gold foes, to say nothing of white-yellow champions, are usually bigger than ordinary and weak dweebs.

EDIT: that's the origin for my nickname for the old animation for the Guardian ability Blade Dance, where you turned around and stabbed the foe in the gut with a reverse-grip stance.  Of course, it was my BT2 female guardian, who used Blade Dance extensively against silvers.  They were substantially bigger than her, and she ended up stabbing them somewhere ... lower ... than the gut.  I called the ability "Nut Stab".

That would explain why Revan, in the Temple of Sacrifice operation is way taller than the players ( you can actually stay near him before attacking) even if we know for sure he is human and in all the other encounters ( The Foundry) he is average human size. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2022 at 3:07 AM, YaddleTwo said:

If they aren't human i'd guess Cathar for the fact that there's that one Cathar on Empire side on Makab, Hanthor who is taller then me even though i typically use body type 3.

There's also a Cathar Mandalorian during the BH class quest on Balmorra, her name is Murghir, but she's a type 2 body ( i think) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TonyTricicolo said:

I thought she was on The Great Hunt just like you. 

Yes, she is. At the spaceport, before meeting the Admiral, if you click on Murghir you can see that she's a Mandalorian Commando, it is written under her name, or at least it was in 2015 when i first completed the BH class story. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TonyTricicolo said:

Interesting. Good catch! Our player only becomes a Mandalorian after winning. Mandalore makes you one.

Mandalore offers to make you one.  The story doesn't require you to accept, although some of what follows doesn't make as much sense if you decline the offer.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/3/2022 at 12:11 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

Mandalore offers to make you one.  The story doesn't require you to accept, although some of what follows doesn't make as much sense if you decline the offer.

Fun fact 

If you use a token to create a boosted bounty hunter to start onslaught, the auto choice is that you do not accept the offer. 

I know this Beacuse on my boosted hunter on the new expansion, shae says something about you almost thinking like a mandalorian (whereas videos on YouTube of people who played from class story and chose to accept mandalorian offer, are told that you do people proud or something along those lines. 

I found it odd thst bioware default skip is to turn down  the offer