"Master of Manaan" achievement impossible to get if "Master of the Seas" was completed prior to 7.1.1

SilverChap

7.1.1 changed the requirements for the "Master of Manaan" achievement. Instead of the bugged (and now removed) "Explorer of Manaan" achievement you now need to do "Master of the Seas".

Problem is, if that one was completed prior to 7.1.1 it does not count for "Master of Manaan".

Here's a picture showing both achievements: https://i.imgur.com/XadHi34.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

bummer!

though maybe we (have the same problem) could write a ticket as this seems like something customer service could fix/unlock for us - I mean that screenshot should be proof enough that the requirements are all met...

here's to hoping

This happens every time there is a change in achievement that requires a previous achievement to be done to complete the new achievement. Why they don't code a check to ensure players that already have a required achievement get credit for the new achievement is beyond me.

• Like 2

Actually, it's not impossible. I do agree that it should be fixed and it's dumb. But for people like @merovejec who pretty much work with infinite resources, we can just do it on another server and transfer over, unless it's already synced of course. So it's not impossible, it's just dumb - but same goes for login reward achievements that have been completed faster than possible. There are quite a few things in the game that seem to be impossible but actually aren't. 

2 hours ago, ZUHFB said:

Actually, it's not impossible. I do agree that it should be fixed and it's dumb. But for people like @merovejec who pretty much work with infinite resources, we can just do it on another server and transfer over, unless it's already synced of course. So it's not impossible, it's just dumb - but same goes for login reward achievements that have been completed faster than possible. There are quite a few things in the game that seem to be impossible but actually aren't. 

An achievement for in-game play should not require an out-of-game maneuver like that. Just because you can find an external mechanism to cheese it (which costs real world $$) doesn't make it possible to do as intended - which is the point of this thread.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ZUHFB said:

Yes, as you said, if you dont have servers synced already......

I actually made a ticket for this and the reply was that there is a secret achievement required here :D so i guess there is a new guy on swtor support.

59 minutes ago, merovejec said:

Yes, as you said, if you dont have servers synced already......

I actually made a ticket for this and the reply was that there is a secret achievement required here :D so i guess there is a new guy on swtor support.

You strike me as the kind of person that has the hidden achievements mod, I'll ask some people that have it - however the number did not change at all? Still stuck on 95% so I'd have to  be a 0 achievement that we should be able to see on master of the seas anyway provided you didn't sync to leviathan yet. 

18 hours ago, ZUHFB said:

You strike me as the kind of person that has the hidden achievements mod, I'll ask some people that have it - however the number did not change at all? Still stuck on 95% so I'd have to  be a 0 achievement that we should be able to see on master of the seas anyway provided you didn't sync to leviathan yet. 

I mean i do have another account where i could try this, but im far off on the story and it would take time (which I dont have) to get to that point and finish the required achievements.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same here.

Logged in, expecting for it to auto-complete, since I had it all finished before.

It still shows 0/1 Master of the Seas, under Master of Manaan.

And under Master of the Seas, shows completed, on March 18th 2022.

So - it is still bugged.

Unless there is a way for us to get it ingame ourselves, by doing something - but what exactly, since we had obtained it already?
Master of Manaan

Master of the Seas

Edited by AntaresSWTOR
adding images

yes, this BUG is still there!

although I completed all the story missions on Manaan the Master of Manaan achievement is still not completed :(

Wrote an ingame ticket now - hoping for an answer and fix

EDIT: CS answered quite quickly (at least something, right :D )
BUT they only repeated the bug: if the Master of the Seas achievment was completed before 7.1.1 the Master of Manaan cheevo won't unlock.... I mean DUH!

please fix this BW!

Edited by Dekibra
update

On 12/12/2022 at 7:28 PM, Nee-Elder said:

And it appears to be fixed as of tomorrow-->  https://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/12132022/game-update-7.2-showdown-ruhnuk

I read it in the patchnotes too but if you search for it now, it is nowhere to be found... sneaky **** 🤨

an official "yeah, we thought we fixed it, but didn't, sorry... we are looking for a new fix now" would be nice...

Edited by Dekibra
typo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...