Madness Wish List

Monterone

First of all, I'm really looking forward to the return of Demolish spread on a tactical. Thank you for listening to us. I know that while we advocated for the change on the tactical, we also mentioned there were too many slows already in the game.

While this is very true, Madness does not have a slow. Something that is essential to the archetype - the need to kite. Outside of Creeping Terror root, Madness no longer has a good way to kite and keep distance. The ability we lost, Force Slow, got baked into Death Brand, but that is only a single target ability. In a normal PvP scenario where we use Death Field, we have no slow. Some may say, Force Lightning has a slow on it. Yes, it does, and you have to stay stationary for it; it is not a kiting tool.

With that said, I suggest one more upgrade to the new tactical. In addition to spreading Demolish, why not also add a 3s 50% slow on Demolish. This would serve in 1-on-1 kiting fights, but it would also apply a 3s group slow when Demolish is spread. A 3s slow every 15s doesn't feel that bad on paper.

As long as I'm on a wish list, here's one that's been on there for a while for me. A long time ago Madness lost 3m of radius on Death Field. It used to be 8m and then it went down to 5m. However, Madness has the longest cooldown on the dot spread among the classes, and when it lost the radius it never got a mechanism to lower the CD on Death Field. I propose being able to bring down the cd of DF down to 11-12s from 15.

Periodic criticals can lower the cd of Death field by 1s every 3s. That would make it  an average 11 or 12s cooldown. For something that is essential to this discipline, I think this would be a great change.

Thoughts?

There's not really many strong slows at the moment. It's kind of nice, death brand retriggering slow makes melee literally unplayable, I can't imagine that being worse.
Fundamentally losing force slow was silly, should just get it back. 
Happy the new tactical will push people off death brand overall, but I would definitely worry about another potential rotational slow. 
Pruning definitely wasn't done equally and we all know that. Abilities that do multiple different things were definitely the ones that needed it, but flat out removing one use abilities should definitely just come back.
I would also love to see a talent back for pull DR on sorc, which is unrelated. 

On 10/18/2022 at 4:57 AM, Monterone said:

First of all, I'm really looking forward to the return of Demolish spread on a tactical. Thank you for listening to us. I know that while we advocated for the change on the tactical, we also mentioned there were too many slows already in the game.

While this is very true, Madness does not have a slow. Something that is essential to the archetype - the need to kite. Outside of Creeping Terror root, Madness no longer has a good way to kite and keep distance. The ability we lost, Force Slow, got baked into Death Brand, but that is only a single target ability. In a normal PvP scenario where we use Death Field, we have no slow. Some may say, Force Lightning has a slow on it. Yes, it does, and you have to stay stationary for it; it is not a kiting tool.

With that said, I suggest one more upgrade to the new tactical. In addition to spreading Demolish, why not also add a 3s 50% slow on Demolish. This would serve in 1-on-1 kiting fights, but it would also apply a 3s group slow when Demolish is spread. A 3s slow every 15s doesn't feel that bad on paper.

As long as I'm on a wish list, here's one that's been on there for a while for me. A long time ago Madness lost 3m of radius on Death Field. It used to be 8m and then it went down to 5m. However, Madness has the longest cooldown on the dot spread among the classes, and when it lost the radius it never got a mechanism to lower the CD on Death Field. I propose being able to bring down the cd of DF down to 11-12s from 15.

Periodic criticals can lower the cd of Death field by 1s every 3s. That would make it  an average 11 or 12s cooldown. For something that is essential to this discipline, I think this would be a great change.

Thoughts?

you do realize creeping terror roots. and madness has great survivability in pvp due to bindings, phase walk, god bubble, adn death brand into force leech which heals for 25%, on top of force lightning healing you during polarity. know the class before asking for changes