Reaping Strike Change 7.1.1

Jajafari

Why?

Also,  I miss this in the balance discussion,

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sith Assassin

Deception

• Energized Blade ability mod has been altered, it now reads:

• “The cooldown of Reaping Strike is reduced by 6 seconds whenever you critically hit with a direct Force attack. Reaping Strike costs 10 additional Force.”

2 hours ago, sithBracer said:

It was never mentioned, they did it in secret. 

They don't want dps sin to be decent at PvE, they never did. This is not even a secret anymore.

It was not that great even to begin with. Now not only we dont have AoE, we dont even have burst damage and somewhat decent sustained one. A whole discipline ruined. What a "nice" surprise out of the blue.

17 hours ago, deiws said:

It was not that great even to begin with. Now not only we dont have AoE, we dont even have burst damage and somewhat decent sustained one. A whole discipline ruined. What a "nice" surprise out of the blue.

ok, I am going to assume you are new and weren't here for the last 10 years and let you know. Bioware hates sins. There was NEVER a time in this game when assassin dps was desired in PvE. And when it even comes close, BW nerfed it immediately. There was a time in 4.X when a person parsed over 9000 which was the highest parse. Everyone including the person who got the parse, said that it was complete luck and he wasn't able to reproduce it even once. His average was around 7000 which was below the average for all classes. BW nerfed sin dps 3 times after that.  Sin being bottom tier in PvE is their #1 priority it seems, so if you seriously want to get into progression raiding,  either learn to tank or I recommend any other class.

Not only that, every now and then BW will kick sins when they are down by making them the least mobile class in the game (4.X) or doing things like removing key abilities and giving them the most trash abilities you can possibly think of. So far, they removed phase walk, crushing darkness and force lightning (which had few uses, but the uses were good). Their excuse was "ability bloat", yet they left us with trash like force slow, then they gave us reaping strike which is just another 4m melee ability (how many do we have already? 5?), and let's not forget the latest piece of garbage, severing slash; an ability so stupid, so garbage, so useless, that no one even put it on their bars back when it was free.

Edited by sithBracer

Yes, I am here since 7.0, you guessed it. And until the patch, I was actually not doing bad, at least on single target bosses like Nefra - I could get relatively close to a Sentinel DPS and be consistently top3 parser in the group.

Now I am just nerfed... What is worse, the rotation is broken. I would not mind it so much if they numbers were just lower, but I got to keep my rotation with regularly resetting Vaulting Slash. But now I just have 2 mediocre Force attacks, 2 filler melee attacks, and 1 cool melee attack that I would really like to use, but I have to pray for enough Force criticals 😕

And the fact that the change was completely not announced before, so no one can argue its usefulness, really shows that the devs hate Sins. Also a 6s reduction is a kick in the crotch, because if I do Vaulting Slash, then somehow I am lucky to get 2 Force criticals in row, there is still a bit of cooldown left on the Slash, so I have to use another filler annyway. There is no satisfaction in playing the class now.

Even the tank seems more fun, despite Shadow tanks being the laughing stock.

Absolutely garbage change that completely ruins the playstyle.  The numbers weren't even that good.  My Marauder and Assassin are the same gear level and Carnage was already better on ST and much better on AoE.

It makes no sense to me whatsoever.

23 minutes ago, Kyovarde said:

Absolutely garbage change that completely ruins the playstyle.  The numbers weren't even that good.  My Marauder and Assassin are the same gear level and Carnage was already better on ST and much better on AoE.

It makes no sense to me whatsoever.

So fresh, so new. You remind me of me before I learned how much BW hates assassins. I'm more surprised it took them so long. But, they have been pretty slow recently, so it makes sense. All that is left is for them to nerf shadowcraft, which they will more than likely do before 7.2, and then sin will once again be trash in all game modes, and all will be right again.

Edited by sithBracer

10 minutes ago, Kyovarde said:

Joined December 30, 2011

Yeah, you should know better by now then. If you haven't figured it out when BW took away phasewalk after actually making it good, took away abilities sins regularly used, nerfed sins over 100 times, put dps at the bottom for PvE in every patch so far and gave sins a completely useless ability, so useless that no one put it on their bars .... well I'm afraid there is no hope for you. I switched to op a long time ago, suggest you do the same.

Edited by sithBracer

12 hours ago, sithBracer said:

ok, I am going to assume you are new and weren't here for the last 10 years and let you know. Bioware hates sins. There was NEVER a time in this game when assassin dps was desired in PvE. And when it even comes close, BW nerfed it immediately. There was a time in 4.X when a person parsed over 9000 which was the highest parse. Everyone including the person who got the parse, said that it was complete luck and he wasn't able to reproduce it even once. His average was around 7000 which was below the average for all classes. BW nerfed sin dps 3 times after that.  Sin being bottom tier in PvE is their #1 priority it seems, so if you seriously want to get into progression raiding,  either learn to tank or I recommend any other class.

Not only that, every now and then BW will kick sins when they are down by making them the least mobile class in the game (4.X) or doing things like removing key abilities and giving them the most trash abilities you can possibly think of. So far, they removed phase walk, crushing darkness and force lightning (which had few uses, but the uses were good). Their excuse was "ability bloat", yet they left us with trash like force slow, then they gave us reaping strike which is just another 4m melee ability (how many do we have already? 5?), and let's not forget the latest piece of garbage, severing slash; an ability so stupid, so garbage, so useless, that no one even put it on their bars back when it was free.

5.0 lolspeed was nice, dps got 75% flat dr

10 hours ago, megawarz said:

5.0 lolspeed was nice, dps got 75% flat dr

well #1 it was never taken with the exception of a few specific bosses since its use was very situational and it was a legendary utility on the same level as reaper rush (more burst), disjunction (more shroud), insulation (more armor), and shroud of madness (purge on stealthout, back then stealthout didnt purge anything). I believe in 5.X you could only select 2 legendaries (correct me if I'm wrong pls).

#2 while a 2s time 75% DR is nice, higher dps and raid utility was and still is way more important.

So no, it was not desirable. It was nice on tanks though.

Edited by sithBracer

I've done some testing and it's not as bad as I thought it was gonna be. The 1.5s cd reduction from the tactical definitely comes into play more now, but the rotation on a dummy feels pretty much the same. I've also noticed the double proc from shock works twice -- so when the second shock procs you can pretty much reset the whole cooldown. 6s x2.

In PvE, the rotation feels pretty much the same. What this change affects the most is PvP, and specifically the ability to jam a few reaping strikes into the 6s shadowcraft window. That can't happen any more; only 1 RS per shadowcraft window, so you have to figure out a better opener now.

Edit: Personally, I've been having fun with May Cause Injury, and don't see myself going back for a while. Shadowcraft  --> VS -> Discharge -> VS -> Recklessness -> Discharge is just too much fun on a big group.  :)

Edited by Monterone