Why, on God's green earth, are you NERFING Energized Blade?!?!?!

Mar_Komus

EDIT: After testing this out, it's not as bad as it looks. It reduces the cooldown by 6 seconds EACH TIME YOU HIT CRITICALLY. I can live with that. On a 15 sec cooldown, it just means you have to hit one more time critically for it to cooldown all the way. So a rotation would be Vaulting Slash (15 sec cooldown) > (Critical Force hit) = -6 seconds (so about 7 or 8 sec remaining) > (Critical Force hit) = -6 seconds > Vaulting Slash within a second of cooldown.

One of the best abilities, as it stands, is Energized Blade. An instant reset on Vaulting Slash/Reaping Strike makes perfect sense! Who complained about this? It's a true time saver in a game that's grindy to begin with.

Please consider reversing your decision or offer the feature in the tactical Blade of Elements.

Also, it would be disingenuous to give the ability back and then take away the amount of damage done in some way.

Edited by Mar_Komus

23 hours ago, Mar_Komus said:

One of the best abilities, as it stands, is Energized Blade. An instant reset on Vaulting Slash/Reaping Strike makes perfect sense! Who complained about this? It's a true time saver in a game that's grindy to begin with.

Please consider reversing your decision or offer the feature in the tactical Blade of Elements.

Also, it would be disingenuous to give the ability back and then take away the amount of damage done in some way.

Makes no sense. Take a burst DPS discipline, nerf its burst damage (and even sustained to an extend). Now we have average burst, mediocre sustained, non-existent AoE. And the rotation is just broken, it was kinda complex before, now its just desperate attempt to get Vaulting Slash reset via 6s reduction, GJ.

19 minutes ago, deiws said:

Makes no sense. Take a burst DPS discipline, nerf its burst damage (and even sustained to an extend). Now we have average burst, mediocre sustained, non-existent AoE. And the rotation is just broken, it was kinda complex before, now its just desperate attempt to get Vaulting Slash reset via 6s reduction, GJ.

See my edit above. It reduces cooldown of Vaulting Slash by 6 seconds per Critical Force hit. That means you can do Vaulting Slash > (critical force hit) > (critical force hit) and the timer will be pretty much within a second of cooldown. I can roll with this. I still wish they hadn't, but I can roll with it.

9 minutes ago, Mar_Komus said:

See my edit above. It reduces cooldown of Vaulting Slash by 6 seconds per Critical Force hit. That means you can do Vaulting Slash > (critical force hit) > (critical force hit) and the timer will be pretty much within a second of cooldown. I can roll with this. I still wish they hadn't, but I can roll with it.

The problem is that the Force Critical is not 100%. Only during Shadowcraft/Force Potency window. So you need 2 force criticals, but you may not even get them. Before you used Force Breach/Psycho Blast, praying that it crits and reset. Now you pray to get measly 6s reduction. Wonderful.

46 minutes ago, deiws said:

The problem is that the Force Critical is not 100%. Only during Shadowcraft/Force Potency window. So you need 2 force criticals, but you may not even get them. Before you used Force Breach/Psycho Blast, praying that it crits and reset. Now you pray to get measly 6s reduction. Wonderful.

Try this: Go into your Ability Tree and set level 39 to Vision Engine. Work x2 Clairvoyant Strikes into your rotation to generate x2 stacks of Clairvoyance, which last for 15 seconds and increases your Critical Chance by 10% per stack--effectively giving you +20% to your Critical Chance. You only need to renew that stack with one strike of Clairvoyant Strike when it runs low. If you can remember to do that every 3 or 4 intervals, it'll keep that Critical Chance nice and high. Couple that with the Force Potency and you'll be practically hitting Vaulting Slash--well...a lot more times than you would if you didn't know to set things to Vision Engine and Energized Blade. As for gearing: Make sure you have Accuracy up to 110% (not much more needed at all), Alacrity up to 7.2% (again, not much more at all), and the rest into Critical Rating. See Mark Biggs's guide on YouTube as well.

And you only need x2 critical Force hits (Yes, I know: as opposed to the only one it took prior to this update). It can come from Force Breach and Psychokintetic Blast, but it can also come from Low Slash, Force Slow, Force Stun, Force Wave, etc. (even though they don't light up to say, "Hit me!"). It just has to be a Force-based ability (and hit critically, which--if you stack your Critical Rating well--isn't too difficult to almost guarantee. Just because it's a Critical Chance doesn't mean the actuality will follow suit with the potentiality. And, it's been my experience that you'll hit critically more often than not (if you follow the above recipe).

The only thing to be mindful of is that if you use Whirling Blow, it will take the Clairvoyance bonus off, but if you follow it with Clairvoyant Strike, it goes right back on again.

Edited by Mar_Komus
clarification; expansion

27 minutes ago, Mar_Komus said:

Try this: Go into your Ability Tree and set level 39 to Vision Engine. Work x2 Clairvoyant Strikes into your rotation to generate x2 stacks of Clairvoyance, which last for 15 seconds and increases your Critical Chance by 10% per stack--effectively giving you +20% to your Critical Chance. You only need to renew that stack with one strike of Clairvoyant Strike when it runs low. If you can remember to do that every 3 or 4 intervals, it'll keep that Critical Chance nice and high. Couple that with the Force Potency and you'll be practically hitting Vaulting Slash--well...a lot more times than you would if you didn't know to set things to Vision Engine and Energized Blade. As for gearing: Make sure you have Accuracy up to 110% (not much more needed at all), Alacrity up to 7.2% (again, not much more at all), and the rest into Critical Rating. See Mark Biggs's guide on YouTube as well.

And you only need x2 critical Force hits (Yes, I know: as opposed to the only one it took prior to this update). It can come from Force Breach and Psychokintetic Blast, but it can also come from Low Slash, Force Slow, Force Stun, Force Wave, etc. (even though they don't light up to say, "Hit me!"). It just has to be a Force-based ability (and hit critically, which--if you stack your Critical Rating well--isn't too difficult to almost guarantee. Just because it's a Critical Chance doesn't mean the actuality will follow suit with the potentiality. And, it's been my experience that you'll hit critically more often than not (if you follow the above recipe).

The only thing to be mindful of is that if you use Whirling Blow, it will take the Clairvoyance bonus off, but if you follow it with Clairvoyant Strike, it goes right back on again.

Yes, I have Vision Engine, and yes, I use Clairvoyance stacks for +20% crit.

I guess I will need to center my rotation more about Force attacks, even if they are not full processed.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mar_Komus said:

OMG, this is so amazing. I literally never knew this. you are really a genius you know that? Can you teach me how to breathe as well now? And can you give a very detailed explanation on how to tie my shoes? And I'm having trouble chewing my food, can you use your brilliance to explain that as well?

OMG, I am going to start using low slash, force slow, force stun and force wave on bosses immediately!!!! This will be the biggest dps gain ever!!! All thanks to you!!!

Ok seriously, just stop, you are making yourself look very unaware and silly at this point.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2022 at 11:55 PM, Mar_Komus said:

The issue is, before, with the 100%crit chance after phatom stride you could just alternate Reaping strike and a force attack several times, now you have to put 2 force attacks between your reaping strikes, that means you're loosing time and with 6s buff you loose at least 1 maybe 2 reaping strikes... Then you have Recklessness... before you could do : Reaping-Force-Reaping-Force-Reaping-Force-Reaping. Now you have : Reaping-Force-Force-Reaping-Force + CD... see the difference ?

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 8:51 AM, Placidi said:

The issue is, before, with the 100%crit chance after phatom [sic] stride you could just alternate Reaping strike and a force attack several times, now you have to put 2 force attacks between your reaping strikes, [sic] that means you're loosing time and with 6s buff you loose at least 1 maybe 2 reaping strikes... Then you have Recklessness... before you could do : Reaping-Force-Reaping-Force-Reaping-Force-Reaping. Now you have : Reaping-Force-Force-Reaping-Force + CD... see the difference ?

You're not wrong and that was clear to me in testing. I'm on the same page: I still hate the way they nerfed it--or, rather, that they nerfed it at all. But in the wake of knowing that they'll never go back on it and admit it was wrong to take it away like that...honestly, they're betting on the idea that this won't cause enough people to unsubscribe or quit the game. And that's really what's dysfunctional about the gatekeepers. Some poor sport got mad that the class is "OP" with that deadly combo. So they nerfed it.

If there really are a lot of whiny, runny-nosed, crying kids telling their daddies to complain about it on the forums, then they should nerf it in PVP--not PVE.

Well, I for myself unsubbed immediately.

The reason for this btw is not the completely unnecessary nerf to the spec, but that they did it secretly and also rotation-breaking.

So I was able to play and enjoy my main the one day and one day after my rotation is completely gone, I would be forced to buy another tactical (and probably another implant) and farm fragments for it, instead of going for a raid with my team.

As a relatively new player this was a big deal for me, especially every other class got warned about the incoming nerfs.

Makes no sense to invest time and money in this mess of "balancing".

btw: the community of this game is great, also is the story and I'm really hoping to coming back one day after this mess is cleaned up and the responsible devs are fired for good.

On 10/17/2022 at 3:22 PM, Mar_Komus said:

EDIT: After testing this out, it's not as bad as it looks.

If  only  this person down here  had read  THAT ^  before posting....

2 hours ago, BraffinTheReal said:

Well, I for myself unsubbed immediately.

The reason for this btw is not the completely unnecessary nerf to the spec, but that they did it secretly and also rotation-breaking.

So I was able to play and enjoy my main the one day and one day after my rotation is completely gone,

As a relatively new player this was a big deal for me, especially every other class got warned about the incoming nerfs.

Makes no sense to invest time and money in this mess of "balancing".

I'm really hoping to coming back one day after this mess is cleaned up and the responsible devs are fired for good.

Yeah that ain't gonna happen lol .

Anyways, i understand your frustrations , but keep in mind  once you  sign the  'EULA'  and 1st login,  BioWare technically can change/nerf/remove/prune  whatever the want  whenever they feel like it. :(

I'm not saying it's right (or cool ) , but it is in fact  their "right" as owners of SWTOR.

Heck, i still miss  3.0 era's amazingly dynamic & unique  hybrid  'skill trees'  (plus super awesome animations ) , but  all we can do is adapt or un-sub.   Personally, i wish more players would speak with their wallet$  and stop buying  Cartel Market re-skins x infinity, so that maybe just maybe EA would be forced to invest real significant STORY development again like they did with KOTFE/KOTET 'chapters'.  However, i'm also a realist.

Here's hoping you give it another shot someday, perhaps for  7.2 update soon. :ph_great_update:

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply, input is always appreciated :)

First of all: Of course you are completely right about the company's ownership and subsequent singular right to alter the game in any way they want. I never doubted that and won't do it now either.

Same goes for me and my money, of course. If I'm not satisfied with the offered product I'm not forced to buy it/providing a sub.

I just wanted to share why I made this decision and maybe the company will again think about it. (I know I have better odds in trying to redeem good old Palpatine to the light *sigh*).

And yes, I also hope to come back one day. This won't happen before the classes I like to play are again fun to play. Till then I will just be lurking into the game unsubbed and leave my money elsewhere. Tons of interesting games out there.

And a last thought: My Problem never was the nerf in dps, (Not a big deal really) but specifically following 2 points:

1) The way it was done. Altering the rotation drastically (not so cheap gear-changes have to be made) without proper warning beforehand (They could have said what they are planning to give players time to adapt. They decided Not to do that.) is a really bad move, especially against motivated newcomers.

2) The blade if the elements rotation was invited with 7.0 and eliminated half a year later with 7.1.1. Explanation for that still missing. Seeing this (with quite some experience from another mmo as progressoriented player) I have my doubts if the devs even know what they actually want with their balancing.

All in all a company acting like this deserves to loose customers and therefore money.

It's a shame though, cause, as you say, this game has it's moments, a lot of them.