No leap Obliterate

AdjeYo

Obliterate has always been a pretty cool unique thing for Rage and Fury, having a rotational short-range leap with some damage attached. It's always been pretty annoying at best in operations (and suicidal at worst), but that has been somewhat mitigated by the fact of it being a pretty cool unique thing, and it being solid in PvP.

But with 7.0, it is not quite so unique anymore. With both Vengeance and Carnage getting similar optional skills. The optional part is important. Since they can opt in when it's good (mostly PvP), and opt out when it would be mediocre of actively harmful (basically any bossfight).

It'd be cool if Rage and Fury also got the option to opt out of the leap part. Honestly if one of the Obliterate ability mods got replaced by an effect that would just make Obliterate not move you (and nothing else) I'd probably take that in 90% of ops fights. If we add any small upside, that would just be gravy on top.

Edited by AdjeYo
Grammar and formatting
  • Like 2

• AdjeYo changed the title to No leap Obliterate
  • 3 weeks later...

I found Obliterate has similar animations to Impale on Veng Jugg.  With Impale, you have the options to: root somebody (which kinda turns into a self root due change in animation), or do different types of damage.  Maybe, we can have different choices like that for Obliterate as well.  

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2022 at 2:31 AM, ChrisBlackSith said:

Wasn't 7.1 supposed to switch the functions of Obliterate and Force Crush in the rotation? You could pretty much skip Obliterate entirely then. What the noob happened to that actually good idea?

Was it? I remember nothing of the sort. Of course Obliterate would still remain an integral part of the rotation, as Force Crush is right now.

• 10 months later...