Interlude talk mission w/Zenith on Consular

HollyUSEC

I've been absent from the game for a very long time. I've just started running a Jedi Consular character (Combat styles: Sage and Shadow) through the 6.x ending story flashpoints and the follow-up missions involving conversations at the Alliance Base on Odessen.

Lana recruits Zenith (the last companion toon to remain unaccounted for). I have a talk with him and he joins the Alliance.

Does this happen with any other character? If I ran a Trooper through those missions, would Zenith appear in the conversation as a 'hired asset' but not join the Alliance, or would he not appear at all?

(I imagine he wouldn't appear at all for my Imperial toons?)

Thanks.

20 minutes ago, HollyUSEC said:

If I ran a Trooper through those missions, would Zenith appear in the conversation as a 'hired asset' but not join the Alliance, or would he not appear at all?

(I imagine he wouldn't appear at all for my Imperial toons?

i've  run those  KOTFE/KOTET  chapters  all the way thru  on 5 or 6 characters (both sides)  by now  and  , iirc , i'm pretty sure (depending upon your choicesonly some  Classes get the chance at  Zenith's  *alliance alert* .   But i can't remember which Classes  do & don't.

Or maybe  he shows up  LATER , like after 'Spirit of Vengeance'  FP ?

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: 10+ years of SWTOR = memory poopy

21 hours ago, HollyUSEC said:

I've been absent from the game for a very long time. I've just started running a Jedi Consular character (Combat styles: Sage and Shadow) through the 6.x ending story flashpoints and the follow-up missions involving conversations at the Alliance Base on Odessen.

Lana recruits Zenith (the last companion toon to remain unaccounted for). I have a talk with him and he joins the Alliance.

Does this happen with any other character? If I ran a Trooper through those missions, would Zenith appear in the conversation as a 'hired asset' but not join the Alliance, or would he not appear at all?

(I imagine he wouldn't appear at all for my Imperial toons?)

Thanks.

I can't remember exactly. I think he shows up for republic characters, but only talked about with Imperial? I think the consular is the only one who actually gets him back because he won't work with imperials on other characters . I believe you get a mail from zenith on all your characters either way. I won't swear on this, but this was how I remembered.

Yes, he is only recruitable by JC, and has dialogue with other Repubs, but doesn't appear for Imperial Chars.

Which is sad because he would make a valuable asset for Imp Saboteurs.

Because the developers went with faction choice instead of character choice, you know, that would actually make it better.

So the way they made it, you could actually have Zenith working for a counselor that is Empire-aligned. Which is weird.

1 hour ago, Shayddow said:

Yes, he is only recruitable by JC, and has dialogue with other Repubs, but doesn't appear for Imperial Chars.

Which is sad because he would make a valuable asset for Imp Saboteurs.

Because the developers went with faction choice instead of character choice, you know, that would actually make it better.

So the way they made it, you could actually have Zenith working for a counselor that is Empire-aligned. Which is weird.

Personally, I think that with Zenith it makes sense.

The number of people who know that the Commander is a saboteur (for the Imps or the Pubs) is incredibly small, and as long as the Commander is playing their role properly Zenith would have no idea that an Imp was secretly working for the Republic or that a Pub was working for the Empire. And honestly, I don’t really see Zenith being willing to work with an Imp even if they had openly defected to the Republic.

8 hours ago, JenaSalton said:

Personally, I think that with Zenith it makes sense.

The number of people who know that the Commander is a saboteur (for the Imps or the Pubs) is incredibly small, and as long as the Commander is playing their role properly Zenith would have no idea that an Imp was secretly working for the Republic or that a Pub was working for the Empire. And honestly, I don’t really see Zenith being willing to work with an Imp even if they had openly defected to the Republic.

Yes, you are right about all of this, I'll give you that. Still, he would probably join a JK, trooper or smuggler, wouldn't he?