Question About Senate Guards

Tyranaeus

Something I always felt was missing from the senate building on Coruscant is ceremonial guards. The Empire has its dark honor guard stationed around the galaxy, which feels thematically correct, but I think a nice contrast would be ceremonial senate guards who would only be found in the senate building as protectors of democracy. The guards on Korriban bow before every Sith that passes in front of them, but the senate guards would stand resolute in front of citizen and politician alike. Are there any lore reasons we wouldn't find blue, ceremonial senate guards in the Old Republic like we see in the prequels and CW? I found this statement on the legends page for senate guard on the Star Wars wiki:

The history of the Senate Guard was ancient and was as old as that of the Galactic Senate itself thus tracing its origin to the ancient times of the Republic. It's known that among the artwork of the earliest times of the Republic, images of silent Guardsmen had been present during these earlier centuries as a silent testament during diplomatic negotiations that force was ready to be used if diplomacy itself failed.

1 hour ago, Nick_J_Herrmann said:

But it seems BioWare chose to take a different approach on this subject.

Yeah, that's fair. When the question first came to mind, I couldn't remember seeing any sort of guards in the senate building at all, so I went there to look. That's when I noticed the CS guards, but their uniform is so bland they sort of just fade into the background, which is why I didn't remember them. On the other hand, the dark honor guards on Korriban are hard to forget due to their striking appearance and how they kneel when the player passes by after a certain point in the story. Of course, it's a decision to not have the mirrored reflection of ceremonial guards between Republic and Empire, likely commenting on the Empire's vanity, value of tradition, subservience, and surveillance/security theater, but I think it could have also been a good decision and provided more commentary to have included the senate guards, showing some vanity and traditionalism within the higher political classes of the Republic, but confining them to the senate building and not having them kneel before anyone, showing how these values are present but more restrained in the Republic.

Either way, I do like the inclusion of Coruscant Security across the planet, but I just wish they would have stood out a little more to make the player more readily identify the connection between their presence and increased security measures after the sacking of Coruscant. I think senate guards would have also been a minor contribution to that theme.