Why can't I equip my shotgun?

RubiBliels

Hello,

Brand new player. Subscribed for the next two months. Scoundrel. I can see that I have a shotgun and that it's equipped. Why can't I see my character using it? why does he only have a pistol and uses only it? Is it really the case that being a level 8, I am yet to unlock the right kind of attack which uses the shotgun? even though I can equip it?

https://ibb.co/Y3TGF12

Edited by RubiBliels

The shotgun is just an 'offhand'. It contributes to your stats but doesn't have many uses - the only time I can recall it's being used is with the skill "Back Blast", and then it's just a standard animation with no regard to the actual 'look' of your shotgun.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JediQuaker said:

The shotgun is just an 'offhand'. It contributes to your stats but doesn't have many uses - the only time I can recall it's being used is with the skill "Back Blast", and then it's just a standard animation with no regard to the actual 'look' of your shotgun.  

There is also a shotgun cone attack that does not require !behind or !stealth.

That being said, I would like to have the option to show it on the offhand hip, when equipped. Granted, I'm not sure if that asset is fully modelled, considering you only see it for a fraction of a second when used. So, there's probably one shotgun that everyone uses, and new models would have to be created, assigned to the different shotgun items, and also added to Collections.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, WHTJunior said:

There is also a shotgun cone attack that does not require !behind or !stealth.

That being said, I would like to have the option to show it on the offhand hip, when equipped. Granted, I'm not sure if that asset is fully modelled, considering you only see it for a fraction of a second when used. So, there's probably one shotgun that everyone uses, and new models would have to be created, assigned to the different shotgun items, and also added to Collections.

I never looked, but maybe in the cut scenes  it shows it ? I mean you never always have a pistol to use, but  you use one in the cut scenes 😕 the again even if you use a double saber, the cut scene shows you using a a single light saber, or nothing in your hands 😒

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/6/2022 at 4:42 AM, Achnaattwo said:

the again even if you use a double saber, the cut scene shows you using a a single light saber, or nothing in your hands 😒

If you are a Consular origin / Shadow style, or Inquisitor origin / Assassin style, your double-blade sabre shows as a double-blade in cut-scenes.