Agent Armor Question

Jimdunn

This may be a dumb question, but how can my Imperial agent wear medium armor?

I made it crew skills, the items says for Sith warrior and Imperial agent. But when I try use it, I get a message saying I’m not the right class. I thought maybe it was because my creature is a scoundrel, but I created every sub-class of Agent and none of them had the medium armor ability. What am I missing?  

Thank you, I found it.

So I do possess the passive medium armor. So I still have no idea why I can’t equip  a level 11 piece of armor that says it is for Sith warrior and Imperial agent on my level 27 Imperial agent scoundrel.

9 minutes ago, Jimdunn said:

So I still have no idea why I can’t equip  a level 11 piece of armor that says it is for Sith warrior and Imperial agent on my level 27 Imperial agent scoundrel.

It might be an  edge-case  BUG situation  because of the whole  cross-faction   'combat style'  combo  you have.  (since  technically, code-wise,  a REPUBLIC  'Smuggler/scoundrel'  can't  wear that specific  armor piece )

1 hour ago, Jimdunn said:

No, I'm playing a Imperial Agent not Republic Smuggler. 

-----------------

on my level 27 Imperial agent scoundrel.

Earlier you said ^  "scoundrel" , which is  Smuggler (Republic faction)   combat-style  , no?

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: troubleshooting in text is challenging

44 minutes ago, Jimdunn said:

It is also a subset of imperial agent.

No, that's called  'Operative'  ( the mirror  of  'Scoundrel' ) .

BioWare added  'combat styles' hybrid system, so you can  ACCESS  the  Scoundrel  tree & skills , but  technically  'Scoundrel' = SMUGGLER

But anyways, that's neither here nor there, because your OP says what  i've been trying (and failing) to articulate:

"I thought maybe it was because my creature [player] is a scoundrel, but I created every sub-class of Agent and none of them had the medium armor ability. What am I missing? "

....So i dunno.... i'm stumped now too.  Sorry.

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: i should've asked for screenshot and/or name of the armor

When a piece of gear says "Requires Imperial Agent" (with or without another origin story), in 7.X, that means "requires an originally-Imperial-Agent combat style", that is, Operative or Sniper, and it requires that style to be your *current* active style.  It does not take your origin story into account.

Similar reasoning applies to any other "Requires Class X" restriction.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 10:13 AM, AdsAillard said:

I was under the impression that Medium Armour was allowed on Agents for Sniper/Gunslinger tree, but not for Scoundrel/Operative trees.

No, all Agent/Smuggler combat styles use Medium armor. 

On 10/6/2022 at 6:57 AM, SteveTheCynic said:

When a piece of gear says "Requires Imperial Agent" (with or without another origin story), in 7.X, that means "requires an originally-Imperial-Agent combat style", that is, Operative or Sniper, and it requires that style to be your *current* active style.  It does not take your origin story into account.

Similar reasoning applies to any other "Requires Class X" restriction.

On 10/4/2022 at 6:34 PM, Jimdunn said:

This may be a dumb question, but how can my Imperial agent wear medium armor?

I made it crew skills, the items says for Sith warrior and Imperial agent. But when I try use it, I get a message saying I’m not the right class. I thought maybe it was because my creature is a scoundrel, but I created every sub-class of Agent and none of them had the medium armor ability. What am I missing?  

Yeah, I would recheck your Agent/Operative and Agent/Sniper. As per what Steve says above, these are the Combat Styles that should be able to use that gear. Additionally, if you want to make gear for your Agent/Scoundrel, make gear that says Requires Smuggler, and see if you can use that.