Returning player: What is the use for Credits in 2022?

SagaMMO

Greetings, everyone!

I have returned to the game after many years of absence, and with an inventory and bank full of old crate items that are now super rare and sell for absurd amounts of Credits.
After the initial excitement at the idea of being able to return with a bang, it came to me that i am not even sure what Credits are used for today.

Other than buying fashion items from other players in the Galactic Market, is there any vital use to credits in 2022?

I saw that the current max level is 80 but the equipment in the Market only goes up to 75, so i assume that is not a current option.

Thank you!

9 hours ago, JediQuaker said:

There is no need for massive amounts of credits but, credits are still used for things like 'repair costs', 'travel costs', expanding outfit and inventory slots, etc.

Thank you.

At least now i can stronghold away without a worry for costs, back when i last played credits came a lot slower so fully upgrading and decorating one was fairly expensive.

Yeah, you don't need much for regular gameplay. Aside from unlocking strongholds, you can level up companions, and buy things from reputation/event vendors. None of these things will need billions of credits. When I have a lot of credits, I buy cartel market items from GTN. Then I wait for a collections unlock sale (50-75% off) and use my saved cartel coins to unlock the items I bought with credits account wide.

• Like 1

You can spend a dozen million per character unlocking the legacy perks by hitting 'Y'. If you want all you characters to have all the vendor droids, speed upgrades, xp upgrades and things like that. Stronghold unlocks and buying decorations if you want to can cost a lot. Cosmetic gear you are missing or may want to acquire can cost a fortune, as you already know.

And if you want the best gear, such as gold augments, each one can cost billions.

So you'll be just fine with a lot of money.

• Like 2

Thank you everyone, for your help.

Thankfully in terms of fashion i am quite conservative and i am still happy with my Valiant Jedi set, so i am funneling everything on my Stronghold at the moment.
I might buy a lightsaber if i find one i really, really want to have, but other than that, i am set.

I mostly play casually and to re-enjoy the stories and pick different paths once every few years, so i am having a lot of fun being able to do so without a worry.

Also, the new dual class system is great, i can play the Jedi Knight story while stealthing my way around.
Genius!