New Skip Point

Chryptyk

So is there any word about a further skip point than Ossus?  Since you won't give us a skip straight to 7.0, after Echos of Oblivion is the next obvious skip point.  People that are concerned about their choices just don't have to skip.  It's that simple.  That hasn't changed any since you added skip points.  So that objection is totally invalid.  It would be a great QoL improvement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chryptyk said:

So is there any word about a further skip point than Ossus?  Since you won't give us a skip straight to 7.0, after Echos of Oblivion is the next obvious skip point.  People that are concerned about their choices just don't have to skip.  It's that simple.  That hasn't changed any since you added skip points.  So that objection is totally invalid.  It would be a great QoL improvement.

They said they won't add a skip in the middle of a story arc. So whenever the new Malgus arc ends, they will add a skip at the end. That probably won't be until the end of this expansion. Normally, they finish each story arc within an expansion, but because story is releasing so slow this time, this story arc is split over multiple expansions.

I'm not saying I agree with this, just what Bioware thinks about it. Personally, I would like a skip to the beginning of each expansion. To me, gameplay is more important than story. If there is something that makes the game less fun, it should be changed even if it hurts story. If this causes confusion because it's the middle of a story arc, they can add a pop-up or something that explains the basic events that occurred on Ossus, Onderon, Mek-Sha, and Corellia (flashpoint). Something like the pop-up that shows Guild Message, add a one-time pop-up like that with the basic events on those four planets. This pop-up would appear immediately after confirming the skip.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chryptyk said:

People that are concerned about their choices just don't have to skip.  It's that simple.  That hasn't changed any since you added skip points.  So that objection is totally invalid.  It would be a great QoL improvement.

Because more skips instead of addressing people's longstanding issues with them is what we need. I'm for more skips, but they need to allow for some degree of tailoring choices. I'm curious as to how much of the playerbase has even seen Elom or the new Manaan at this point. Skips as they currently exist discourage you from using them because they mess with the one thing we all at least like somewhat: our story.

• Like 3

If bioware want people spend more time in their "endgame" planet/area, they need to give people the option to skip "expansions" on their alts.

As I said before, make an option to skip 6.0 that have a window that list:

Which side do you want to be ? (for imp side toons)

1. Imperial Loyalist

2. Imperial Saboteur

Which side do you want to be? (for pub side toons)

1. Republic Loyalist

2. Imperial Saboteur

"Notice that picking the option will default you to all system default choices bla bla bla"

Problem solved. We jump straight to 7.0.

I don't need to be reminded about the "previous story" because I've been through it multiple times (not that there are much replay value to begin with) it has boring as f-. And those who don't care about the story at all won't play attention to the meager "story content" no matter what. JUST LET PEOPLE SKIP EXPANSIONS FFS!

PS: the forum is giving me censor warning, didn't let my submit reply, but didn't give specifics about which words are censored? I feel like I'm using Weibo now, thanks!

1 hour ago, eabevella said:

"Notice that picking the option will default you to all system default choices bla bla bla"

Problem solved. We jump straight to 7.0.

I don't need to be reminded about the "previous story" because I've been through it multiple times (not that there are much replay value to begin with) it has boring as f-. And those who don't care about the story at all won't play attention to the meager "story content" no matter what. JUST LET PEOPLE SKIP EXPANSIONS FFS!

PS: the forum is giving me censor warning, didn't let my submit reply, but didn't give specifics about which words are censored? I feel like I'm using Weibo now, thanks!

Is Arcaan/Senya still alive? Acina or Jace? Vette or Torian? Koth? If we're going to ask for skips with options, try to cover what we can or we can't complain when/if they do add yet another with a lack of nuance (which is the exact problem with the skips right now). Being a saboteur or loyalist so far has had no impact on anything in the story, so they're just as superficial as the rest of the questions players may care about. You can continue to not care about the previous story all you want, you're perfectly free to, but the previous story always has a potential for knock-on effect later. I rather be able to enjoy the added flavor.

For example, I have no clue how much relevance Torian could have to the ongoing Mandalorian arc, but considering the mention regarding his clan, it may be more than he's seen since Kotfe. If I skip a Republic character past Kotet, we know what happens to him rather than everyone's favorite snarky Twi. Let me decide that. If they could make a checklist of pivotal decisions, including romance, and I'd skip my entire legacy forward.

• Like 1

The ability to select certain story choices when skipping would be very welcome and is definitely needed before another skip point is introduced.

At the very least we need to be able to decide who lives and who dies at the end of KotET, who we side with on Iokath and whether we are faction loyalists or saboteurs.