Gear needs to be put in another slot (not your inventory)

RaithHarth

I just find it confusing when you're swapping combat styles your gear is all over the place in your inventory, we need another compartment to store them in, hopefully in the near future, Bioware will consider swapping our gear in another section slot.

• Like 7

This is ABSOLUTELY NEEDED! The relevant gear should be in a loadout trunk. One of the very bad things that happened to me: I lost a lightsaber to destruction because of the funky way stuff gets swapped in and out of the inventory (Hint: reprogram to remove an open container FIRST and THEN add items in the container). I confused it for one of the items I normally break down because it wasn't down with all the loadout gear (that I keep at the bottom to keep it from getting mixed in with stuff I pickup that gets added automatically at the top). Thankfully, I don't think it was an augmented lightsaber, but I think most everyone recognizes that the inventory should be for non-loadout items.

Totally agree! Currently, one can have 2 combat styles with 3 disciplines each - that's 6. Each of 6 disciplines can potentially have PVP, PVE (dropped gear), PVE (modded gear), and any variation of the previous 3. That's 18+ potential loadouts right here. Each gear set needs 15 slots. 18 * 15 = 270 slots not including the variations. Our inventory is 80 slots. We are currently limited to 10 loadouts which still requires 150 slots. Yes, we can store gear in personal/legacy banks but that adds to the confusion and increases the risk of accidentally losing the hard-earned gear. Being able to store it in a separate loadout bank (ideally, legacy shared) would be extremely helpful.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 9:03 PM, RaithHarth said:

I just find it confusing when you're swapping combat styles your gear is all over the place in your inventory, we need another compartment to store them in, hopefully in the near future, Bioware will consider swapping our gear in another section slot.

Agreed. Also, it would be fantastic if loadouts didn't forget items simply because you took them off or moved them out of inventory to share with another character. Give us an option to rewrite the loadout if we choose or keep it as is. 

• Like 1

At least respect where we've located it in the current inventory. The optimal solution would be another inventory tab for Gear and respect the locations, not miss-mash unloading and loading. There is another thread about the Legacy Bank sharing gear for loadouts with alts as well. Considering the major investments into highest level gear, it's a p.i.t.a. to swap from legacy bank when Loadouts should just load. Lots of programming for this, I know, but so worth the QOL increase.

• Like 1

Agreed.

Since we already have outfitter and we know we can stamp items on a character without having the item in that characters inventory, it shouldn't be impossible to have a similar system for gear. And since we already have mats storage that is shared with the legacy, putting the gear into a similar place shouldn't be a problem either. 

Those two things would be a massive QoL improvement.