The state of Master Mode Flashpoints 2.0 - what's the point?

There has recently been a post about the harder/longer Master Mode Flashpoints being auto-leave events for most players, in favour of requeuing for shorter ones.

I would like to further this argument, by saying that the current state of the game and gearing system means that all Master Mode Flashpoints are being neglected in favour of Story Mode Operation runs. Pre-7.1 I would queue as a tank or heal and almost always receive and instant queue pop, especially on Empire (Darth Malgus). These days, even at prime time, we can experience waits of up to 10 minutes for Flashpoints. Why is this? Well, it's simple:

Story Mode Operations can be done with 7 DPS and 1 healer, take 15 minutes to complete, and offer more gear and tech fragments than any Flashpoint does. The 7.0/7.1 gearing system regression has further alienated game activities. You even get Activity Finder from Operations. So really, what is the point in doing MM FPs, other than the enjoyment? Gamers will always find the quickest, easiest and most lucrative way of spending their in-game time, and the 7.1 gearing system has put another nail in the coffin for a large aspect of the PvE game system. Even Veteran Flashpoints are being ignored in favour of Nathema farms due to the experience boost on the penultimate boss. 

Not only has 7.1 alienated a huge proportion of the playerbase to 330 gear due to R-4 Veteran being the only way to get 330+, it has also removed a staple PvE aspect of the game in favour of SM Ops for a quicker ride. It's inconceivable to think that a Dev team thought these changes were of benefit to the game. I can't be the only one to experience less activity in guilds and all game modes across the game since the 7.1 changes were introduced.

Edited by Elvarania
Grammar
  • Like 2

Yes, but you are totally ignoring the fun aspect of MM flashpoints. Not everything in the game is just a matter of how long it takes and/or what shiny rewards you get. That's like saying you should only run the 100 meter dash because it's shorter than the 200 meter. 

Personally, I like doing the harder FPs, when it's a good group. I get much more of a sense of accomplishment.

On the other hand, doing MM Hammer Station is just a bore. 🙂

Disclaimer: I'm 331 iRating, so there's not much in the way of gear rewards for me in anything other than R4. I have most of the decos as well.

Edited by JediQuaker
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, JediQuaker said:

Yes, but you are totally ignoring the fun aspect of MM flashpoints. Not everything in the game is just a matter of how long it takes and/or what shiny rewards you get. That's like saying you should only run the 100 meter dash because it's shorter than the 200 meter. 

Personally, I like doing the harder FPs, when it's a good group. I get much more of a sense of accomplishment.

On the other hand, doing MM Hammer Station is just a bore. 🙂

Disclaimer: I'm 331 iRating, so there's not much in the way of gear rewards for me in anything other than R4. I have most of the decos as well.

Same I enjoy doing the newer ones for the challenge. The mechanics are just more engaging IMO.

Edited by FlameYOL

9 hours ago, Kyovarde said:

I don't understand how MM FPs can be fun when they're the same FPs we've had access to for YEARS.    

The next time you watch the Superbowl, ask yourself how you can still enjoy the same old game you've seen for years. 😂

Yes? its the perfect comparison since the only difference is the people involved, the only "bad" part of the comparison is that you, at least i hope so, stop watching sports you don't enjoy while somehow people seems so deep into the sthlm syndrome that they want content, that they personally find boring, old and tedious, to provide better rewards so that they can be motivated in some way to play it

play the game for its own sake, do content you enjoy, just skip stuff you dont

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kyovarde said:

Do you honestly think that is a good comparison?  

How about this then. Will you never play baseball (football, poker, chess, etc, etc) with your buddies/family again because you've done it before and there's no new rewards? 😂🙄

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I personally don't join the MM q on the DM because my experience is very bad and the result is usually a wasted time on bosses because people know what to do and then fly to lava every time (example provided by Lost Island, thank you very much). And this experience got worse with the fact more people leave the MM q in favor of other activities. So from my perspective - I run at least 3/4 premades for MM FP.

Also doesn't help I cannot disable the FPs I dislike because then no weekly. So why would I bother? And let's behonest, some FPs are not favored by the people in the q and get the instaleave treatment. Which means you are wasting the time. And I really don't have the time to wait for nothing happening.

2 hours ago, JediQuaker said:

So, let me get this straight - you won't deselect the flashpoints you don't want to do because then you won't get the 'rewards'. So, therefore, you don't do any flashpoints (and still get no rewards)? Umm, ...

The rewards for doing a selection of flashpoints simply is not worth the time and doing it with all options on has the potential for being a flashpoint that simply was not worth the wait to get to (think MM Umbara or Spirit of Vengeance popping and your tank/healer quits upon seeing it, because this has happened to me). This is not new, and I'd figure you'd know it with how long you've been around. This could be fixed entirely if Bioware made the harder and longer flashpoints worth more and either excluded some from the weekly's requirement of 'all selected' or made a separate tier. 

People aren't JUST playing for pure fun, running MMs can be for fun or done as a means toward another end. As it stands, flashpoints remain a hollow and less rewarding form of content because of the lack of incentive, inflexibility of requirements to complete the weekly, and a snail pace to either rebalance the content or create separate tiers so rebalancing won't have to be an issue. 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 12:26 PM, DarthCasus said:

The rewards for doing a selection of flashpoints simply is not worth the time and doing it with all options on has the potential for being a flashpoint that simply was not worth the wait to get to (think MM Umbara or Spirit of Vengeance popping and your tank/healer quits upon seeing it, because this has happened to me). This is not new, and I'd figure you'd know it with how long you've been around. This could be fixed entirely if Bioware made the harder and longer flashpoints worth more and either excluded some from the weekly's requirement of 'all selected' or made a separate tier. 

People aren't JUST playing for pure fun, running MMs can be for fun or done as a means toward another end. As it stands, flashpoints remain a hollow and less rewarding form of content because of the lack of incentive, inflexibility of requirements to complete the weekly, and a snail pace to either rebalance the content or create separate tiers so rebalancing won't have to be an issue. 

Why would people quit for Spirit of Vengeance? Umbara I get, that one while very doable with a competent group is fine, pugging it is a Pain.

Spirit of Vengeance however is fairly easy. The only real challenging boss is the 1st one, and if nobody uses the CC breaker or an ability to cleanse the root, you should be fine. The other bosses are far easier.

2 hours ago, Toraak said:

Why would people quit for Spirit of Vengeance? Umbara I get, that one while very doable with a competent group is fine, pugging it is a Pain.

Spirit of Vengeance however is fairly easy. The only real challenging boss is the 1st one, and if nobody uses the CC breaker or an ability to cleanse the root, you should be fine. The other bosses are far easier.

Literally just the first boss. Which is hilarious to me, I did it on MM before touching it for SM when it first came out and felt like it was just another run of the mill MM. I had 2 healers quit the beginning of Objective Meridian this morning, and a healer+dps duo at the beginning of Battle of Rishi (lol). Yesterday it was the Nathema tank that inspected everyone's achievements and determined upon seeing only me (healer) being the one besides them to complete it, that the final fight was not worth getting to, so they quit after giving their villain speech.

On 10/12/2022 at 3:40 PM, JediQuaker said:

So, let me get this straight - you won't deselect the flashpoints you don't want to do because then you won't get the 'rewards'. So, therefore, you don't do any flashpoints (and still get no rewards)? Umm, ...

You did notice that I write my experience from MM q is bad and as such I don't q in the first place? That's why I wanna a reward. If the experience was fun and good, I can ignore rewards. Read it again :) There's no reason for me to q and waste my precious time-play. Feel free to find me a reason to q :D

On 10/18/2022 at 4:44 PM, JediQuaker said:

Is that "q" as in "queue" or "q" as in "quit"? I know it's a lot of effort to press keys but ....

How about you just have fun and not always look for the 'reward'. 

Q is pretty much pronounced as queue, at least for EU.

Having a bad experience isn't fun, I'd at least assume so

Actually, I have to admit that MM flashpoints can be a mixed bag. I find them to be fun when people work together and do the FP in the 'usual' way. But there's often a player - usually a tank for whatever reason - that wants to do things 'their way', or blathers on about Starparse, or similarly brings down the mood. (Next to that are the level 80 players with lousy gear. )

• 2 months later...
On 10/1/2022 at 11:39 AM, JediQuaker said:

Yes, but you are totally ignoring the fun aspect of MM flashpoints. Not everything in the game is just a matter of how long it takes and/or what shiny rewards you get.

So why then does no one go Uprisings? They whine and complain that they give no rewards, and are thus not worth doing.

On 10/1/2022 at 11:39 AM, JediQuaker said:

That's like saying you should only run the 100 meter dash because it's shorter than the 200 meter. 

If the participation reward for 100 meter was $1,000, and the participation reward for 200 meter was a McDonald's coupon, which one would people run?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Traceguy said:

So why then does no one go Uprisings? They whine and complain that they give no rewards, and are thus not worth doing.

If the participation reward for 100 meter was $1,000, and the participation reward for 200 meter was a McDonald's coupon, which one would people run?

I don't do uprisings because nobody else does (it seems). If Uprisings would ever pop on GF, I'd do them. If they were fun, I'd keep doing them. 😏

If I was simply running for the exercise, I'd go for the 200 meter - for the greater exercise. There's more to life than just 'shinies'. 🙂

P.s. Having played for many years, and having billions of credits and lots (and lots) of shinies, the 'rewards' for any particular quest/mission - except for OP-1s to upgrade my armor - are of no importance to me. 🤔

Edited by JediQuaker