Classic Planets

mittenicksnave

I think it's about time we see some of the classic planets from the movies/shows enter SWTOR.

We've seen geonosians twice now on Tatooine and Ossus, why not introduce geonosis?

Kashyyyk is a classic planet that is mentioned in game several times and we have the companions to back it up

Naboo while not mentioned a lot has been mentioned at least once in the game itself (can't remember when exactly but I know its mentioned)

Umbara, has a flashpoint, and a stronghold but not the actual planet.

Mon Cala while not exactly a unique setting because of Manaan would still be cool to have access too even if its just a daily area

Im sure there's more planets that fit the description of a 'Classic Planet' better then some of these but this is just the top of my head, especially since a lot of these planets could come with cool new species options (even though they don't match with BW's character profile, would like kinda funny as a mon calamari, or a wookiee trying to romance a companion)

• Like 2

I'd like to see all the Kotor 1 and 2 planets in SWTOR, so Kashyyyk gets a big vote from me. :jawa_biggrin: I think the hardest part is that it's a dense forest. Lots of trees and foliage can cause performance problems in SWTOR's engine. I'm not sure if there's any other planets still missing from the original games. If there are, I want those too. 😄

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

I'd like to see all the Kotor 1 and 2 planets in SWTOR, so Kashyyyk gets a big vote from me. :jawa_biggrin: I think the hardest part is that it's a dense forest. Lots of trees and foliage can cause performance problems in SWTOR's engine. I'm not sure if there's any other planets still missing from the original games. If there are, I want those too. 😄

You know what might be interesting?  If they added the KOTOR 1 & 2 planets with a long quest chain that has you retrace the steps of Revan the way an archaeologist would trace the steps of a famous historical figure.  That way you get a kind of synopsis of the KOTOR stories, which would make the SWTOR environment a little richer.  Maybe some of the planet quests will be because of something Meetra or Bastilla or some other character did 300 years ago, and it's still affecting current day politics or environment or something, and you've got to fix whatever it is or at least mitigate it - 300 years later.

• Like 1

Each new Star Wars movie, or content should have been an easy cash in for new planet content,
Obviously it is a bit hard when its set thousands of years in the past,  but, that hasnt stopped star wars tie ins previously

• Thanks 1