Cross-faction guilds

VegaMist

Think it was brought up before - it would be nice to have an ability for guilds to be cross-faction. Story-wise - makes sense (hello, Alliance).  And players-wise, would eliminate the need for "sister guilds" of opposite faction and encourage players to play more of their characters with the same friends. In my case, my imp alts feel a bit lonely since I don't play them nearly as much as my pub ones due to them not being part of the same guild. Could keep Dromund Kaas/Coruscant strongholds only accessible by imp/pub fractions (Rishi one would serve as best guild stronghold anyway with it's training grounds). maybe add a stronghold on Odessen (a real one, not a train - perhaps, a smaller version of headquarters), and keep both spaceships (but perhaps only one can invade at any given week) to make it simpler. Thoughts?

• Like 4

Agreed, this has been requested a few million times; so glad you brought it up this time.  Our guild would benefit since both guild members are the same; therefore, we could combine them both.  The only problem I see is choosing a ship for the guild, and as for the stronghold, we have Alderaan, so that wouldn't be a problem, just a little bit of redecorating to add both decorations to the stronghold.

Edited by casirabit
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, JediQuaker said:

Bad idea. Too immersion-breaking. It would be like having Russia as part of NATO. 🙂

I don't see it immersion breaking, though in my defense we had in SWG so coming from that game, I actually was expecting it to be like that here and was disappointed that it wasn't.

17 minutes ago, casirabit said:

, though in my defense we had in SWG so coming from that game, I actually was expecting it to be like that here and was disappointed that it wasn't.

Everything is a disappointment  when compared to beloved Pre-cu SWG , imo.   /sigh 

Edited by Nee-Elder
Reason: Pre-cu or CU > NGE1 ,but NGE2 was ok cuz so much content
  • Like 1

On 10/2/2022 at 2:25 PM, Shayddow said:

There would be a problem for guilds that do Ops, as the operations are faction only.

Not really. It would just encourage players to have alts of opposite factions in the same guild. That way when an ops is organized, players can bring alts of appropriate faction.

Edited by VegaMist
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Shayddow said:

There would be a problem for guilds that do Ops, as the operations are faction only.

Not necessarily as some operations are the same, with maybe a few exceptions, and therefore those that do, you can have your members get on those tunes. We did that on SWG when there were specific missions (corvette and Hoth) that were faction locked.

1 hour ago, casirabit said:

Not necessarily as some operations are the same, with maybe a few exceptions, and therefore those that do, you can have your members get on those tunes. We did that on SWG when there were specific missions (corvette and Hoth) that were faction locked.

I feel the devs set themselves up for this demand since the expansions release. If we're all being honest here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JediQuaker said:

Or, you could have 2 Guilds, one for each faction. 😀😇

(With a common Discord.)

That's what guilds do today which usually results in one guild being so called "preferred" or "primary" and the other "secondary". Also, requires maintaining two separate guilds, following two separate conquest tracks, collecting two separate sets of plans, etc. - not an issue for any large guild, but a bit more cumbersome for small ones. Cross-faction guild option would simplify it all. BTW, it would be good if they kept the option to maintain single-faction guilds for those who prefer so, so the guild options could be Imperial, Republic, or Alliance (cross-faction) with a path for existing guilds to become Alliance if they wish so and/or merge two existing guilds into one.

• Like 1