Probably been asked before but.

Tarnel

When will the transportation bug be fixed. I'm talking about when your using a speeder from one speeder port to another on a map. I'm constantly having to go from place to place because of the marker not being in the right place, or not there at all. This bug has been around for a long time and was supposed to be fixed several years ago. You would think that with all the fixes they've made they would at least fix a part of the game that players always use.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Quendorite said:

You mean when you have a mission and go to a speeder point and, for some reason, the point that's highlited with the colour of the mission is not the closest to it?

I'm pretty sure that's *exactly* what @Tarnel means.  I first encountered it on my first character when she got to the Pub-Taris segment of the Consular story in 2013, where the bonus series said to go ===> there, but when I got there, it was wrong, and I had to go one further to the east.  I think it was originally because the "correct" destination taxi point wasn't known at all, but these days it's because the map around the correct destination isn't revealed yet.  Who knows, maybe it was always that...

11 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

I'm pretty sure that's *exactly* what @Tarnel means.  I first encountered it on my first character when she got to the Pub-Taris segment of the Consular story in 2013, where the bonus series said to go ===> there, but when I got there, it was wrong, and I had to go one further to the east.  I think it was originally because the "correct" destination taxi point wasn't known at all, but these days it's because the map around the correct destination isn't revealed yet.  Who knows, maybe it was always that...

For me the most noticeable one is on DK, where until the last mission it always tells you to go to Kaas City entrance, when literally each mission has a speeder point right next to it (so, theoretically, it's where you learn to navigate a bigger map with a speeder).

When I started I was so confused, because the game always wants you to go where the purple/green sign is, except for these specific cases

1 hour ago, Quendorite said:

When I started I was so confused, because the game always wants you to go where the purple/green sign is, except for these specific cases

You're not the only one.  In that case on Taris, the game had put up the taxi *station* on the list of taxiable-to places, and I had a serious what-the-farble moment when the mission itself wasn't where the highlight said it was.

2 hours ago, Shayddow said:

I think the worst example of this is on Nar Shaddaa or Ilum, where sometimes quests attempt to "guide" you right thru the opposing factions HQ.

Instant Death.

Tatooine is the grand classic for that, with at least two Puside missions (one for Aric J and one for something on the Smuggler) trying to get you to go through one of the Imp bases.  (There are two paths that get you there instead without going through Imp bases: traversing Outlaw's Den(1) or taking the small tunnel from the Dune Sea, the one that's behind a bunch of ordinary sandpeople.)

(1) That's no longer the problem it used to be because in the PvE instance(s) Outlaw's Den is no longer a PvP area.

That is exactly what i mean. It's been several years now since this started happening. I just got back into playing recently, and it's still happening. As mentioned, unless you memorize the layout of the map your on you have to play "catch the taxi", just to get where you have to go.

14 hours ago, Tarnel said:

That is exactly what i mean. It's been several years now since this started happening. I just got back into playing recently, and it's still happening. As mentioned, unless you memorize the layout of the map your on you have to play "catch the taxi", just to get where you have to go.

I think that it has *always* been a bug.  I first saw it in 2013...