Sith Inquisitor story with PT-BR subtitles

FlameYOL

As part of my internship at college for my bachelor's earlier this year I had several options I could choose to work on, from being an editor for academic magazines to things I could do on my own such as subtitling and translation.

I ended up choosing to subtitle the Sith Inquisitor's story as its my favorite storyline of the game and it provided more than enough material to meet my needed quota of hours spent doing the internship activities. 

In order to do this I chose OBS to record the game and ended up using WMW to add the subtitles and cut the gameplay sections, not the best program but its free and I didn't had money to buy an editing software. To finish this internship it took me well over 100 hours, around 150 to be more precise, since it involved doing the recording then adding the subtitles after translating every line into Brazilian Portuguese. 

With that explanation out of the way, here is a link with the playlist containing all videos covering the SI story from start to finish (albeit Chapter 1's interlude was lost due to a recording error that left it without any audio).

Many thanks to the SWTOR devs who've worked hard on the game these 10 years and to my internship supervisor for allowing such an unorthodox option.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SteveTheCynic said:

That's a solid chunk of work (sorry, I don't speak or read Portuguese of any type, so I can't appreciate the translation), and, therefore, I salute you!

("For those who are about to spend over a hundred hours translating, I salute you!" ????)

Thanks a lot! My supervisor thankfully is fluent, he's teached and also works as a coordinator at our college's language classes. He checked the translations and found them good, all suggestions done were stylistic as opposed to improper translations. As an example translating "My lord" to "meu senhor" as opposed to "milorde", which I didn't ended up going with because I prefer milorde I believe the formality fits the treatment of Sith quite well however his suggestion was also adequate for the context. I was lucky to have him.

Edited by FlameYOL
  • Like 1