32.0 GB Ram

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 

All Drivers Up to date 

Windows 10/64 bit

Firewall/Virus = Bitdefender

Maleware bytes running 

Ethernet connection

I have made allow/excep rule for Launcher.exe, steam.exe, swtor.exe

I have run the steam file validation multiple times. 

I am out of ideas., its random, its not anything in particular I am doing, I could be in a zone doing PvE or in a warzone (which is really annoying as I get hit with the 15 min penalty for leaving the match early, as if I had a choice). I crash at least 5-6 times while playing. While at other times I can play for hours and nothing happens. 

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I need to look at or try?

As asked above - does the game crash, or the whole computer? Is this a store-bought computer, or one you assembled yourself?

If it's the whole computer that crashes, I'd suggest you check CPU temperatures. It could be that the CPU fan isn't running properly, or the thermal compound is misapplied/absent, or, at the extreme, someone forgot to remove the plastic protective cover from the heatsink assembly.

My computer does not crash. Its a self built, tested down to the component level, all running well and fine. Its SWTOR only, Other games I play do not crash, so something at the software level is failing. 

To be more specific the game itself will lock up, not the OS/Computer, and eventually the little popup for windows gathering crash info will come up, then desktop. I wait a min, relaunch the game and start playing again. Soon thereafter the game will crash again. Its been chronic lately.

I have checked all the files that need to be whitelisted are whitelisted, and I even tried disabling Malewarebytes,. still not luck

You did say that all drivers are up to date, but did you mean 'all' drivers, or just the graphics driver? (It happens. 😏 )

In any case, it's possible, since it's a new computer using the latest hardware, that some driver - usual suspects are the audio or network drivers - needs a bit of 'updating' to be completely stable. Sometimes these problems magically go away after a Windows update. 🤞

Oh, and I notice you mention Maleware Bytes and Bitdefender. Try turning those off.  

Edited by JediQuaker

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Sazodeha said:

, not sure what else to do

hi, just curious  have you tried  this method yet? -->  https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/bd-p/star-wars-the-old-republic-en

And then afterwards, maybe try their 'support' system? --> https://help.ea.com/en/star-wars-the-old-republic/star-wars-the-old-republic/

( i'm not saying it's the greatest method/support in the world , but  couldn't hurt? :csw_c3po: )