Stealth Field Generator as a Legacy Perk

LocoLoqoz

Now here me out

There needs to be a Legacy perk for a Stealth Field Generator. I understand there are certain Combat Styles that already have this and have damage benefits from starting the fight from stealth. Yes please keep that. 

However I am noticing with how Combat styles are set up. Certain subscribers; such as my self, Will take advantage of having a secondary combat style (Scoundrel, Operative, Assassin, & Shadow) just to stealth around the map and avoid combat. Mostly because they are trying to speed run through a planet they don't want to spend time in. So why not lean into this and allow all players have a way to access this. It would be no different than having the Rocket Booster. It would also open up other options for the subscriber to select a different combat style. 

This also makes sense for in game Lore wise as the previous KOTOR games gave access to Stealth Field Generator. Also why doesn't Sentential/Marauder have access to Force Cloak like they did in KOTOR II? I feel that's kind of shooting themselves in the foot for not including that. 

what does every one else think? 

Edited by LocoLoqoz
Grammar Corrections
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FlameYOL said:

I dislike this idea, it would take away from the identities of the combat styles that are able to stealth.

Maybe it could suppress all Active abilities, so that you have to turn it off to use any attacks. That would preserve the combat bonus, at least. Plus, it would alleviate those who feel obligated to take a stealth Combat Style for their second CS.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FlameYOL said:

I dislike this idea, it would take away from the identities of the combat styles that are able to stealth.

I disagree. I feel the integrity of the other combat styles who benefit from making Stealth attacks would still stand on it's own. Just the other combat styles would not, nor never should get those bonus. It would be treated more of a quality of life improvement similar to the Jet Booster. There are just times I just want to get past the mobs and I would like to do so with out having switch to the selected Combat style that has the stealth. 

5 hours ago, kyledll said:

Yeah that would be a real cool idea, to be able to cloak even as a tank. Wouldn't that be cool.

I mean Shadow/Assassin is already a stealth Tank. But I'm a Jugg main as a tank and I have had Assassin for secondary Combat style JUST for Stealth. and I feel it's redundant to have two tank combat styles when I can have one of them be some thing more useful like Sentential. I feel it's also disrespecting those combat styles and the player's who main them if all I am using that combat style for is to Stealth.  

Edited by LocoLoqoz
Grammar Correcctions

7 hours ago, WHTJunior said:

Maybe it could suppress all Active abilities, so that you have to turn it off to use any attacks. That would preserve the combat bonus, at least. Plus, it would alleviate those who feel obligated to take a stealth Combat Style for their second CS.

This is a good way to preserve the distinctions.

I do admit to missing the ability to stealth around on any character regardless of class/combat style, as found in ESO...

17 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

This is a good way to preserve the distinctions.

I do admit to missing the ability to stealth around on any character regardless of class/combat style, as found in ESO...

It's the statement in the combat Styles "When using this attack from stealth" do more damage is what would set them apart from Legacy Perk no need to complicate it.

2 hours ago, LocoLoqoz said:

It's the statement in the combat Styles "When using this attack from stealth" do more damage is what would set them apart from Legacy Perk no need to complicate it.

Yeah, I know about those abilities, and the ones that say, "can only be used from stealth."  I was thinking more of it being, on not-classically-stealthy styles, just a way to sneak *around*, and not a way to sneak up on people and unhide *by* hitting them.  (As opposed to sneaking up on them and unhiding then immediately (after one GCD?) hitting them.)

Maybe it isn't such a big deal either way, though, since that delay of one GCD isn't going to make a big difference.  OK, then.  Non-stealth styles can attack from device-stealth like stealth styles can, but they don't *ever* have any abilities that benefit from stealth.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Yeah, I know about those abilities, and the ones that say, "can only be used from stealth."  I was thinking more of it being, on not-classically-stealthy styles, just a way to sneak *around*, and not a way to sneak up on people and unhide *by* hitting them.  (As opposed to sneaking up on them and unhiding then immediately (after one GCD?) hitting them.)

Maybe it isn't such a big deal either way, though, since that delay of one GCD isn't going to make a big difference.  OK, then.  Non-stealth styles can attack from device-stealth like stealth styles can, but they don't *ever* have any abilities that benefit from stealth.

Yes thats all I was getting at. It's just creating an extra step.

Ex: Click to decloak, then attack.

as apposed to

Ex: Click to attack, immediately decloak

Would we really have to click to dismount before we are even allowed to click to attack? No we're hopping off the mount to attack. 

Hope I am making sense here. 

1 hour ago, LocoLoqoz said:

Hope I am making sense here. 

Perfect sense.  I just disagree slightly (but only slightly).  It would be a differentiator - a stealth style can do whatever from stealth, including direct ordinary attacks and direct "only from stealth" attacks, while the proposal (I'm not sure it's really necessary) was to make it so that stealth styles (Shadowassassin and Scoundreloperative) work as now, and stealth-by-perk styles (all the rest) have that extra keystroke to attack "from stealth" because they have to unstealth first.

But I'm mostly indifferent which way it works.

• Like 2

I'd definitely be down for a Stealth Field Generator Legacy perk!

Here are my suggestions for the idea:

a) Have it be a 5000000 minimum (5 million) credit Legacy-wide purchase. It's a quality of life perk and a very very very practical one at that. It's usefulness should be reflected in it's price.

b) The perk does not add any combat bonus and the character must de-cloak to engage in combat (or be seen/discovered/attacked by a npc enemy). Furthermore, taking any damage would break the cloak. So falling or AOE damage breaks cloak no matter the source. No other abilities or clickable things may be used until the character de-cloaks. 

c) As with class stealth abilities, the cloaked character should have some sort of a speed reduction. Nothing too severe. But just enough. A stealth field generator should be for avoiding to fight mobs or entering combat when in the open world or a personal single-player phase. Such a thing is really useful for exploring worlds without having to fight, especially with alts since you probably already completed the content already and just want to blitz through the map to get to the main story. Moreover, a stealth field generator would be amazing for finding datacrons! Some are in enemy territory, or are in creature infested areas. All this being said, the active companion would also be cloaked while the stealth field generator is active.

d) The perk should not be available for use in group content, or PVP. So no warzone, operations, uprisings, or flashpoints. This is only fair, balance wise for those classes that already have stealth.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OctavianDavis said:

I'd definitely be down for a Stealth Field Generator Legacy perk!

Here are my suggestions for the idea:

a) Have it be a 5000000 minimum (5 million) credit Legacy-wide purchase. It's a quality of life perk and a very very very practical one at that. It's usefulness should be reflected in it's price.

b) The perk does not add any combat bonus and the character must de-cloak to engage in combat (or be seen/discovered/attacked by a npc enemy). Furthermore, taking any damage would break the cloak. So falling or AOE damage breaks cloak no matter the source. No other abilities or clickable things may be used until the character de-cloaks. 

c) As with class stealth abilities, the cloaked character should have some sort of a speed reduction. Nothing too severe. But just enough. A stealth field generator should be for avoiding to fight mobs or entering combat when in the open world or a personal single-player phase. Such a thing is really useful for exploring worlds without having to fight, especially with alts since you probably already completed the content already and just want to blitz through the map to get to the main story. Moreover, a stealth field generator would be amazing for finding datacrons! Some are in enemy territory, or are in creature infested areas. All this being said, the active companion would also be cloaked while the stealth field generator is active.

d) The perk should not be available for use in group content, or PVP. So no warzone, operations, uprisings, or flashpoints. This is only fair, balance wise for those classes that already have stealth.

I agree with all of these but only one more thing I would tag on. Player comes out of stealth with no bonuses if they initiate the fight with NPC's

• Like 1

On 10/6/2022 at 9:06 PM, Tyranaeus said:

I think there should also be some restrictions on activation and duration, maybe upgradable by tiers like rocket boost. Nerf it a little bit, otherwise I'll just end up stealthing through everything on every character.

cool down maybe a big factor. like make the cool down as long as rocket booster, if not longer.

• Like 1