We need more Jawa Junk

Screaming_Ziva

Ever since 7.0, my inventory of Jawa Junk has slowly been depleting.  With the removal of renown crates (and breaking down that gear), we also lost a huge source of Jawa Junk since the new level 76+ gear doesn't give any when breaking it down.

Please add Jawa Junk back to breaking down of all level 76+ gear.

• Like 5

So much of the loot and crafting system is unbelievably unbalanced. Likely due to the fact that we got a half-baked update to the gear prog system and no crafting update with 7.0. Im hoping that when we got future updates with the 7.0 cycle they will address these things. I for one am excited to see how they revamp the crafting and pvp systems, and sincerely hope they imrove on the gearing system more. I was very happy that they brought mods back to the game as that is really the aspect of the SWTOR gearing system that makes it unique in the MMO space. Hopefully with the crafting re-work we'll see an update to the Jawa Junk system too! 

• Like 1

I'd like to see a Jawa Scrap exchange vendor on Fleet.  Turn in 10 blue scrap for 1 purple scrap.  Turn in 10 green scrap for 1 blue scrap.  And the reverse, too.  Turn in 1 purple scrap for 10 blue scrap.  Turn in a blue scrap for 10 green scrap.

Edited by WorldSmasher

2 hours ago, WorldSmasher said:

I'd like to see a Jawa Scrap exchange vendor on Fleet.  Turn in 10 blue scrap for 1 purple scrap.  Turn in 10 green scrap for 1 blue scrap.  And the reverse, too.  Turn in 1 purple scrap for 10 blue scrap.  Turn in a blue scrap for 10 green scrap.

This kind of already exists, at least partially. Head to the fleet, in the Cartel Bazaar where the Jawa vendors are, and find the Jawa named Fuleesh. It offers Blue and Purple scrap for 10 of the lesser scrap + 1000 credits. No reverse, so not exactly what you're wanting, but it's there.

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

I did notice less Jawa junk, but

before the GTN ridiculous price increases, I was never  worried about Jawa Junk, I could just purchase from the GTN .  Now I'm looking for any way to get more Jawa junk. I'm basically out.

I can't afford the Prices on the GTN.  so need to visit Jawas . .  and they smell funny 🤢

On 9/30/2022 at 12:41 AM, The-Kaitou-Kid said:

This kind of already exists, at least partially. Head to the fleet, in the Cartel Bazaar where the Jawa vendors are, and find the Jawa named Fuleesh. It offers Blue and Purple scrap for 10 of the lesser scrap + 1000 credits. No reverse, so not exactly what you're wanting, but it's there.

Yeah, you're right.  That's not what I want.  I don't want a thousand credits.  I want to trade green scrap for blue and blue scrap for purple - and visa versa.  That's why I was very specific about what it was I wanted.

Just now, WorldSmasher said:

Yeah, you're right.  That's not what I want.  I don't want a thousand credits.  I want to trade green scrap for blue and blue scrap for purple - and visa versa.  That's why I was very specific about what it was I wanted.

I'm pretty sure he meant that you pay 1k credits to do the conversion, not receive them.

9 hours ago, WorldSmasher said:

Nah.  There's a Jawa in the Cartel Bazaar.  You give him scrap, he gives you credits.

No. You misunderstood me. You give him scrap + credits, he gives you scrap. It's 10 green scrap + 1000 credits for 1 blue scrap, and 10 blue scrap + 1000 credits for 1 purple scrap. It's one side of what you were asking for, with a more expensive cost.

10 minutes ago, DreadtechSavant said:

It is disappointing that you no longer get Jawa junk for level 76-80 gear. So, once you have maxed out characters it is going to become harder to get. Not an issue for me yet as still have plenty character to level, but not everyone is in that potion. 

Exactly! Something happened where I bought some artifact items off a Jawa and whatever I did tweaked it out -- I lost all my scrap. A whole 9999 stack of purple scrap, and now I can't even get it effectively. I don't know why they took it off of maxed gear, even if we just got 1 of each off every SM Op drop I'd be content.

On 9/30/2022 at 5:14 PM, Addictress said:

What is the best way to get Jawa Junk? I got a little bit but haven't gotten any yet.

The most reliable is with the Grade 11 Lockboxes from Slicing. There is a Grade 11 mission that gives 3 Blue Lockboxes. Grade 11 Slicing nodes (Onderon/Mek-Sha) have a chance to drop 1 or 2 Green Lockboxes, but not guaranteed. If you have an army of alts with Slicing, you can do the mission exclusively just rotating to each character to collect rewards and start the mission again. With one character, you can still do the 1 mission and farm Slicing nodes to get a little more Jawa Junk from the occasional green lockbox.

Other sources of Jawa Junk (that I know of):

• Ultimate Cartel Crates - I don't remember if you get it in every crate, but at least some crates will give Jawa Junk. You don't get much though, not worth it.
  • When a companion fails a Grade 11 Mission, you get Jawa Junk instead of the normal items. - Costs a lot of time and credits, not worth it
  • Once a week, [Weekly] Heroics and Daily Areas gives 3 Green and 2 Blue Jawa Junk. - Pretty weak return for the time invested
  • Run veteran flashpoints on a level 75-79 character and break down all the gear that drops. - Only a limited window to take advantage of this, but good if you have any alts still leveling. You could theoretically create a throwaway alt just to take advantage of this, but it'd be pretty tedious.
Edited by ThanderSnB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2022 at 11:28 AM, The-Kaitou-Kid said:

No. You misunderstood me. You give him scrap + credits, he gives you scrap. It's 10 green scrap + 1000 credits for 1 blue scrap, and 10 blue scrap + 1000 credits for 1 purple scrap. It's one side of what you were asking for, with a more expensive cost.

Oh, wow!  That's an awful deal!  That's totally NOT worth it!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/3/2022 at 4:40 PM, WorldSmasher said:

Oh, wow!  That's an awful deal!  That's totally NOT worth it!

10 green or blue scraps PLUS 1000 credits for 1 blue or purple scraps is TOO MUCH when they add that 1000 credits.  It should be either or.  10 craps or 1000 credits.  Asking for both 10 scraps AND 1000 credits?  That's too expensive.

On 10/2/2022 at 7:06 PM, ThanderSnB said:

The most reliable is with the Grade 11 Lockboxes from Slicing.

I am trying this route. It's slow but am increasing my jawa junk. it is helping.

I can't be doing it that way all the time tho.

Just to get enough, it'll be a week just to get what's needed for a hour of crafting, am working on a new Alt to help increase production. I'm sure the consent repeat logging off and on, to switch characters, will get tiresome after a while.

Edited by Achnaattwo

1 hour ago, Achnaattwo said:

I am trying this route. It's slow but am increasing my jawa junk. it is helping.

I can't be doing it that way all the time tho.

Just to get enough, it'll be a week just to get what's needed for a hour of crafting, am working on a new Alt to help increase production. I'm sure the consent repeat logging off and on, to switch characters, will get tiresome after a while.

Are you making Dark Projects? Because you don't need Jawa Junk if you are just raising crafting skills. You can go out and gather nodes much quicker. Jawa Junk is best used for things that can't be obtained anywhere else. In particular:

• Maintenance and Delicacies companion gifts for Cartel Market companions - You can get these randomly in Ultimate Cartel Packs but not near enough to level companions
  • Refined Isotope Stabilizers for Dark Projects - Since 6.0, they no longer drop from any content in the game, so this is the only source for them.
Edited by ThanderSnB
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

Are you making Dark Projects?

was, till I couldn't afford mats from GTN 

6 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

Because you don't need Jawa Junk if you are just raising crafting skills.

crafting skills 700, except new creations, So No not raising, and yes Raising.

doing gather missions is the fastest way to get the blue and purple mats, it's a very rarity to get one just from nodes, and I don't recall ever getting the purple one's from nodes. I could be wrong but  I'm sure I got a blue from nodes, maybe it was just dream

6 hours ago, ThanderSnB said:

Refined Isotope Stabilizers for Dark Projects

was the main reason needing jawa junk, but like I said, always creating new characters, and I prefer to craft all my gear to lvl 60.  70 plus, there's better then crafted gear available, I'll craft only the pieces I need to raise stats till filled.

I used to just do heroics for gear, and it wasn't till level 60 I crafted my own gear, kinda switched, when the level increase reached 70 , then 75 and now 80. Now it's just better to buy from the vendor for the 75, 80 gear

So now with the extra Alts and Companions need those Dark Projects

• 2 weeks later...