[BUG] Phase Progression Broken, Even For Non-Heroics

vemerce

I play the game 90% of the time exclusively in a duo pair. Ever since the last major patch, 7.1 we are CONSTANTLY having to do phased missions twice because one of us won't get credit for interacting with something that needs to be clicked on. It's happening on EVERY planet, and it's happening in both heroic and non-heroic missions. This is horribly game breaking and makes it tedious to play together; it really needs to be fixed ASAP.

Latest Example: While doing the quest "Wrong Savior" (Imperial) on Belsavis, there's a small phase you have to clear through and click on a computer inside. We clear through, I click on the computer (I'm the phase owner) and my wife doesn't get credit for having clicked on it, but it's now not able to be interacted with by her. So, we then have to exit the phase and enter a new phase created by her and clear all that trash all over again just so she can click on the computer.

I know this is all about perspective, but I've been duoing this game with her since launch and this is by far the worst bug I can ever remember encountering... It actually drives us to not want to play SWTOR and find another MMO for a while where we won't have to do everything twice. Please fix this ASAP and don't let this be one of those bugs that persists for years without a fix...

Abstract Thought: We haven't done extensive testing, but this appears to happen on characters that are Combat Styles that originally belonged to opposite factions. Again, I haven't verified this to be 100% the case, but it might be worth looking into... Combat Styles are still showing the Class Buffs from their original factions (which is weird, since they're supposed to be part of the faction you're playing them in) it's possible some other stuff deeper along is broken and not allowing them to play well cross faction in phases. Not sure, but seems worth checking out.

Edited by vemerce
  • Like 1

vemerce said:
I play the game 90% of the time exclusively in a duo pair. Ever since the last major patch, 7.1 we are CONSTANTLY having to do phased missions twice because one of us won't get credit for interacting with something that needs to be clicked on. It's happening on EVERY planet, and it's happening in both heroic and non-heroic missions. This is horribly game breaking and makes it tedious to play together; it really needs to be fixed ASAP.

Latest Example: While doing the quest "Wrong Savior" (Imperial) on Belsavis, there's a small phase you have to clear through and click on a computer inside. We clear through, I click on the computer (I'm the phase owner) and my wife doesn't get credit for having clicked on it, but it's now not able to be interacted with by her. So, we then have to exit the phase and enter a new phase created by her and clear all that trash all over again just so she can click on the computer.

I know this is all about perspective, but I've been duoing this game with her since launch and this is by far the worst bug I can ever remember encountering... It actually drives us to not want to play SWTOR and find another MMO for a while where we won't have to do everything twice. Please fix this ASAP and don't let this be one of those bugs that persists for years without a fix...

[color"]Abstract Thought: We haven't done extensive testing, but this appears to happen on characters that are Combat Styles that originally belonged to opposite factions. Again, I haven't verified this to be 100% the case, but it might be worth looking into... .[/color]

Excellent point ^ and quite possibly the cause yep. (only BIOWARE knows for sure)

Also just wanted to say kudos for excellent REPORTING too. If more players like YOU reported with such clarity & specificity , as well as nice calm but concerned tone , it just might help this current under-funded ( cuz EA ) dev team to narrow down and solve more bugs more often. So yeah, kudos! :ph_cheers:

( *i used to work QA for another 'Star Wars' game and i've always wished BioWare would let vets like me help their seemingly overwhelmed QA crew , but oh well . And unfortunately, due to a series of odd decisions/directions, the perception & morale has gotten pretty low over in 'PTS' section. :( )

Edited by Nee-Elder
i really do mean it , i would LOVE the chance to help u guys in QA department ...
  • Like 1

I think this is on the known issues list. Yes, the bullet point in that post says "heroics", but if you click through to the linked thread, it's about all kinds of phases and people have already reiterated that it's not just heroics.

It also definitely doesn't have anything to do with combat styles as all of my own characters that this has been happening to still have their original advanced classes.

1 hour ago, Tiranea said:

I think this is on the known issues list. Yes, the bullet point in that post says "heroics", but if you click through to the linked thread, it's about all kinds of phases and people have already reiterated that it's not just heroics.

It also definitely doesn't have anything to do with combat styles as all of my own characters that this has been happening to still have their original advanced classes.

Do they have *just* their original styles, or have they taken an opposite-faction style to go with it?